Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many sides now play with 3 tall forwards?
Probably more than you'd expect.

Port, swans, Freo, bulldogs all have had teams this year with it.

I think it works for us if they're fit. Charlie and Harry haven't had a game like Kemp's today for aaaages. If they're all actually fit hungry and roaming. Release the three headed beast.

If Saints win they would most likely finish 12th instead of 13th which would mean a tougher draw next season

Bottom 6 teams get to play more games against bottom 6

Not sure the Saints will figure that out but it would make a material difference in outcomes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
North, Gold Coast and maybe even Adelaide might not be good teams to play against next year.
Richmond and Eagles should be bottom six still.

No wearher. Need him to take some marks on the wing, chop out as ruck in the f50 and be a tall to keep Wilkie from intercepting everything.

Yep I agree we need Harry back next week as we need that extra tall who can help with being a target for kick ins, for some ruck contests and being a target in F50 so they don’t double team Kemp and others

We can do without Charlie next week who will need full mobility if we are to play and win Finals - and Charlie’s role could well be playing 50-80m out and not in our F50 as he is our best kick inside 50 (ahead of Zac and Martin) and he can also kick it from 60 out at times anyway

Finding the right balance to get the best out of Kemp, Harry, Charlie and TDK is going to be key - and a joy to watch if we can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I' m worried I'll admit.

Creepy Ross and Sos would love to smash us.
I'm worried they might inflict damage on our players.
Hope I'm wrong.
Despite what JAB says, I think we do play conservatively when we should be attacking very often. What I don't know if it's a coaches directive or the players not following directives. Or careful play style due to injured players...
For whatever reason we were able to play my favorite style for a lot of the match. The 1st q and a bit was deadly dull though. Mark...kick. etc.

So what happens when we play Hawks again? Or Dogs or Lions? Do we go slow$ and defensive? Or do we atttack?

Who are we really? What made us play so boldly yesterday? Confidence growing in game? Lack of strong oppostion?

Why have our champion forwards had so little impact in our lost month of games? What is that? Why hasn't it been corrected?
Coaches? Injuries that bad?

A day of questions as we ponder a tough game coming up.

Last edited:
I' m worried I'll admit.

Creepy Ross and Sos would love to smash us.
I'm worried they might inflict damage on our players.
Hope I'm wrong.
Despite what JAB says, I think we do play conservatively when we should be attacking very often. What I don't know if it's a coaches directive or the players not following directives. Or careful play style due to injured players...
For whatever reason we were able to playmy favorite style for a lot of the match. The 1st q and a bit was deadly dull though. Mark...kick. etc.

So what hapoens when we play Hawks sgsin? Or Dogs or Lions? Do we go sliw$and defensive? Or do we sttack?

Who are we really? What made us play so boldly yesterday? Confidence growing in game? Lack of strong oppostion?

Why have or champion forwards had so little impact in our lost month of games? What is that? Why hadn't it been corrected?
Coaches? Injuries that bad?

A day of questions as we ponder a tough game coming up.
Damn bloody good questions horsey 👏👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the opposite. It’s been our issue all year. Way too predictable and we get picked off and sides run from our fwd 50

Today we went in low and our small forward pressure was awesome. If we didn’t score, we locked it in. It’s why WCE only scored 4 goals

How many sides now play with 3 tall forwards?

So play Harry at CHB?

Yesterday we saw a better balance of senior heads and hungry youth. The joy that the older players had towards their younger counterparts when they did something well was inspiring and I’m surprised it took so long to add a little sprinkle of youth to the line up.

Kemp needs to play forward this game and stay forward always. If he doesn’t kick goals he is going up in packs and stopping key backs from an easy mark or spoiling it to their advantage (see Motlops goal yesterday).

I’m worried about this match as we all should be. We have so many injured players but what that may do for the Saints is make us unpredictable. Normally we bomb it long and have our fingers crossed that Charlie can not get mauled and clunk it or that Harry doesn’t get a head knock! (Not sure why someone hasn’t told him to wear a helmet, he always seems to be hitting his head one way or another).

Big game for Walsh coming up imo. Has been below his best for a while and there’s no better time to get 30 plus, set a few up and really make the most of going forward and slotting some goals when he should.

Us by a heart attack and 4 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back