Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Curnow and Harry are available I’d love to see us keep Kemp forward. Having 3 big guys who all move extremely well would be a nightmare for the oppo and make us a lot more unpredictable. Would also allow us to push a couple of them a lot higher and be a bail out option for our defense down the line.
If Kemp does stay forward, his newly acquired defensive skills could be handy - Charlie & Harry not great defensively - Kemp did a great job on The Healthier
McGovern.

I don't believe any of our "big names" will be available this week

Win this week and then with a week off we could easily have McKay Charlie Saad Cerra TDK Martin Boyd all available for the first final

Selection that week will be very interesting
Cerra would need to approach training with ferocity. His form pre-injury was pedestrian.

Win this week and then with a week off we could easily have McKay Charlie Saad Cerra TDK Martin Boyd all available for the first final

I’d almost put a line through Martin, his body is just too big of a risk these days, he’s playing days are unfortunately done…

Cerra is worrying, 3 hamstrings within this season alone he’s class act but I’m not convinced or confident he can get through multiple games without breaking down again this year, hopefully that’s not the case, our reserves season is over which doesn’t help his chances either…

Having TDK Charlie Harry Saad and Boyd available would be a huge boost…

Don't want to even think about how sickening it would be for us to lose to Saints and see Power pull out a couple of stars pre-game knowing they have 2nd spot tied up already :sick:
You've completely glossed over GWS being the main factor in terms of what Port are going to do.

Pretty exciting pathway to Carlton winning the flag this year.

Beat St Kilda
Beat Brisbane at Gabba
Beat Geelong
Beat Port at Adelaide Oval
Beat Sydney at the G

Simples.

Drama Peek GIF

I’d almost put a line through Martin, his body is just too big of a risk these days, he’s playing days are unfortunately done…

Cerra is worrying, 3 hamstrings within this season alone he’s class act but I’m not convinced or confident he can get through multiple games without breaking down again this year, hopefully that’s not the case, our reserves season is over which doesn’t help his chances either…

Having TDK Charlie Harry Saad and Boyd available would be a huge boost…

Agree.

Boyd is the interesting one. Been struggling this year and I really liked Cincotta Cowan & Hollands (plus Saad) as our running defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Boyd is the interesting one. Been struggling this year and I really liked Cincotta Cowan & Hollands (plus Saad) as our running defenders
Boyd’s form has dropped off over the past month or so before being injured, he may be a victim of the players being sore and gassed that has been mentioned by some on here…
I did like the defensive setup and matchups on the weekend 👍

Last edited:
Boyd’s form has dropped off over the past month or so particularly before being injured, he may be a victim of the players being sore and gassed that has been mentioned by some on here…
I did like the defensive setup and matchups on the weekend 👍

I feel he was okay early but never really got going (not bad but not great). Fell away last month

I was expecting a big year from him

I feel he was okay early but never really got going (not bad but not great). Fell away last month

I was expecting a big year from him
Still only played the 35 games, yes he is a more mature age type but nothing beats game experience, he has some good traits to work with just needs to up his involvement and disposal count, more rebounds…

Still only played the 35 games, yes he is a more mature age type but nothing beats game experience, he has some good traits to work with just needs to up his involvement and disposal count, more rebounds…

Agree. I rate him. Just don't think he's had a great season and may not be an automatic in come finals if our current defence keeps playing well

If we win this week, that means at least a month without footy for our big names…

Hmmm, not sure if it’s good or bad…

Saints have started to play better footy since King went out of the side. Has been terrible this year

Kind of like us this week in a way.

Sharman and Membrey playing as the talls and a more mobile forward line generally.

My main point is that Weitering and McGovern can handle those threats and it's going to be all about the smaller defenders and the midfield stopping supply. Young isn't even required back there.

Cinc was good as a defender yesterday but think he would need to be the one to make way for Saady unluckily.

He has not been as effective as when he was starting forward and doing a blanket job in the midfield on one the oppo danger men. Was doing that well and hitting the scoreboard but that has dried up .

Cowan can't be dropped on his recent form and Young probably stays at this stage .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back