Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why injuries would matter to the saints, but nice post anyway. Some good wins recently from the saints, will be a tough one for us with all our outs.
Because they suck at any time of the year, especially if they’re serious. Caminiti just did his shoulder last week for instance and might require a reconstruction, so that could cost him most of the preseason, and we’ve been hit hard by injuries for 4 straight years now (from R1 until about R10 we were missing about 6-8 of our best 22 each week, and our midfield was decimated, and it was a similar story the previous 3 years), so I’m pretty sick of them, as I’m certain you guys would be of yours.

Because they suck at any time of the year, especially if they’re serious. Caminiti just did his shoulder last week for instance and might require a reconstruction, so that could cost him most of the preseason, and we’ve been hit hard by injuries for 4 straight years now (from R1 until about R10 we were missing about 6-8 of our best 22 each week, and our midfield was decimated, and it was a similar story the previous 3 years), so I’m pretty sick of them, as I’m certain you guys would be of yours.

Carlton don’t have any injuries 😳

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/blue-healers-discussion-2024.1376194/post-84969893

Likely, hence why it’ll show how desperate the MC is for finals.

Fascinating.
Charlie is our number 1 asset. With his injury history it would be insanity to play him at Marvel unless he is 100pc.
But I’m thinking the MC is desperate, real desperate. Beating WCE is a bullet dodged … Trump style.
Wouldn’t be expecting the same result this week unless we can bring some of the injured back in.

Not sure why injuries would matter to the saints, but nice post anyway. Some good wins recently from the saints, will be a tough one for us with all our outs.
Stating the bleeding obvious but because injuries suck & as a general rule, it's polite to wish people good health.
Imagine in years past if opposition fans were posting about injuries to Charlie, Doc etc as if they were inconsequential..

Players listed as test generally get up. I am thinking Saad and Curnow could be back this week.

I really liked our backline. Saad is a gun, Newman was awesome last week, Cowan is playing really good football and Carroll was super super impressive at half back. I'd like to see a back 7 of McGovern Young Cowan Carroll Weitering Newman and Cincotta again. If Saad comes back, would we consider using him in another role? Wing? Half forward?

Acres, Hollands and Binns is a good wing trio. Would we tamper with that?

The midfield group was solid and there were some nice rotations going on there. Cripps and Hewett were big ball winners. Walsh was good. Really liked Lord's game. Then we have Kennedy and Hollands who go through there. It would be tough to break that group up. I liked our main onball group last week. Walsh, Cripps, Hewett, Hollands and Lord with supporting players.

Forward line could be interesting. Curnow could be back? He and Kemp to play as tall mobile forwards could be good for us if we get similar results from Owies, Durdin, Williams? Does Moir make way? Did Motlop do enough? This will be tough.

If everyone gets through their tests it's going to be hard to pick the side which is good.

It makes a difference when players perform and they have. Saints will be a challenge. We will need to really make sure we have run and pace. They will challenge us in this area which is always such a big test for us.

If we match their run or even out do them, we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players listed as test generally get up. I am thinking Saad and Curnow could be back this week.

I really liked our backline. Saad is a gun, Newman was awesome last week, Cowan is playing really good football and Carroll was super super impressive at half back. I'd like to see a back 7 of McGovern Young Cowan Carroll Weitering Newman and Cincotta again. If Saad comes back, would we consider using him in another role? Wing? Half forward?

The midfield group was solid and there were some nice rotations going on there. Cripps and Hewett were big ball winners. Walsh was good. Really liked Lord's game. Then we have Kennedy and Hollands who go through there. It would be tough to break that group up. I liked our main onball group last week. Walsh, Cripps, Hewett, Hollands and Lord with supporting players.

Forward line could be interesting. Curnow could be back? He and Kemp to play as tall mobile forwards could be good for us if we get similar results from Owies, Durdin, Williams? Does Moir make way? Did Motlop do enough? This will be tough.

If everyone gets through their tests it's going to be hard to pick the side which is good.

It makes a difference when players perform and they have. Saints will be a challenge. We will need to really make sure we have run and pace. They will challenge us in this area which is always such a big test for us.

Yes my point exactly..

Hope not. Poor if we do. Probably need a jab to play

I reckon he has been getting jabs most of the year. Might explain some of his decision making and how he kicks.

If we win the midfield battle and the boys run both ways like they did last week, and apply pressure like they did last week, we will win. Our midfield is still strong, and with F50 pressure and mids willing to run both ways last week, our defenders weren’t left in the position of hopelessly trying to defend fast ball movement to loose opposition players or 1v1 contests in the D50.

If our mids and forwards can apply the same level of pressure again, we will win.

On paper the Saints look like an average team. Midfield especially weak
They could field a Sandringham team, they'll still play like it's their Grand Final and out of their skins

I’d love Voss to keep mixing it up this week … we’re now unpredictable (out of necessity but we still got there lol ) and imo need to remain so … I’d definitely move Saad up the ground if he plays …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back