Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with the team from last week except for any returning guns who are 100% ready.

I certainly wouldn't swap anyone from last week for Fantasia unless they are injured.
Unless they want a lockdown role from him?

Selection will be really tough, especially for our backline. Carroll and Cincotta were excellent. Binns and Lord offered a lot. There is an opportunity to picks a side that has a little more speed and mobility and an opportunity to pick a side that had the same problems with this all season.

Despite all the injuries, we find ourselves with too many form/good players to choose from. Depth isn't really the issue. The top end (best 22) is.
We will need all the speed and mobility this week. Need to put it beyond doubt early if we can.

What Have I Done Cat GIF

Exactly 😜

If someone gets injured 10 minutes into the 1st quarter

Kat Graham Christmas GIF by GIF Registry

That’s what I’m looking forward to most, Kemp without all the attention being on him, either has a massive day out, or will go missing in Charlie’s shadow.

Could be the genuine making of him as a forward.
I don't know why we insist on piling the pressure on developing players in this manner. He played one good game in the forward line against an atrocious West Coast Eagles.

It was very encouraging for sure, this week isn't a 'make or break' game for him, it will just be another small step in his development. I hope that whatever happens, whether he plays well or not, we persevere with him in a forward position. I reckon we will see the best of him when he's the third forward behind Harry and Charlie.

Let's temper our expectations a little until we see some consistency. Sometimes the biggest problem is OUR expectations which are often fairly unreasonable.

How does the bench work out?

I don't think Fantasia will be included.

Who will be the wingers? Acres, O Hollands and Binns or Acres, O Hollands and E Hollands?

What about defence? Who is the 7th defender? Both Carroll and Cincotta were very good in defence. It's really hard to exclude either.

Then there's the forwards. Who is the 7th forward? Kennedy, Durdin or Moir?

As for onballers, who will get that spot? Kennedy or Lord?

Then of course there is the sub.

I'll have a guess at what I think it will look like.

Cincotta and Carroll are line ball for the last defensive spot. I'm Picking Cincotta but gee it's super hard. Kennedy Can fill two spots but I think he gets the forward spot. Lord gets the onball spot and Binns the wing. The sub? Durdin or Carroll? I'm picking Carroll, he's backup for a lot out there, particularly Saad.

IC: Cincotta Lord Binns Kennedy
SUB: Carroll
EM: Moir Fantasia Durdin

However I am not against seeing some late outs. I don't think Saad should play if there is any doubt. I'm happy with that. Would love to see Cincotta and Carroll take the back flanks again. I think Curnow will play even if he is sore. Think we will use Kennedy as a forward target a fair bit. Durdin was really good last week. I expect his shoulder will pop again. Can he play after it pops? The answer to that will determine whether he plays or not. I think E Hollands will spend time in the middle. Probably rotates with Kennedy a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of those on the bench, I'd like Binns, Durdin & Lord to stay in the team

Lord - faded in the second half but he will now know the endurance he needs to work to, to see out games. He was just so clean in tight and really good defensively with his tackling.

Binns - the opposite. He really grew into the game once he settled himself and still ended with over 20 disposals. I'd love for him to take that confidence and grow with it

Durdin - assuming his shoulder is fine, played that half forward role brilliantly. He had some great link up play and speed which I think really helped. For a small guy he does have strong hands in a marking contest most the time

Nah I wouldn’t play fantasia. Maybe if durds doesn’t get up but that’s it.
Try and keep things as close to last week as possible
There were concerns about endurance of Moir but we had limited options and got away with it. As good as he looked coming on for the last quarter it might be tempting fate to go again (of course internally they may be more comfortable)

I questioned why we would extend his contract by 2 years when he still had a season to run. I stand by that comment as it still doesn’t make sense to me

He’s talented BUT is not yet established and injury prone.

That’s my take
It was more like 2/3rds of a season to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back