Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes i wanted jack but at what cost and was he a neccesity ? Not really we need mids and a ruck and trying to get a higher pick to nab dodson is a bigger priority than jack in my opinion ever thought that is the clubs thoughts as well ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes i wanted jack but at what cost and was he a neccesity ? Not really we need mids and a ruck and trying ti get a higher pick to nab dodson is a bigger priority than jack in my opinion ever thought that is the clubs thoughts as well ?

Im not that bothered on missing out on lukosius but if the club did target him in our aggressive trade strategy and failed, like we have failed with multiple players the last 12 months, it doesn’t bode well for who we are actually going to be able to get in.

I wonder if we're targeting the wrong players given where we're at?

The desirable commodities (Free agents, contracted players, big dollar signings etc) are going to have multiple options and are just going to pursue a better one.

Should we instead look at recent draftees who haven't yet been offered a second contract? Which ones were highly regarded as juniors but for whatever reason (injury, role, strong club that's tough to break into, haven't matured yet) haven't yet made their mark.

Who are the ones we missed out on at the draft and were disappointed to?

These players have no suitors. Not only that, they will be worrying about their future in the game so very easy to have their head turned.

Taylor Goad for instance. Has done **** all. Early days for a ruck of course but NM would be at least wondering if he's a bust. If we swept in with a contract for him and a pick for North, would they take it? There are multiple players in similar boats around the league. Heck, Luke Pedlar would qualify.

Do we need to bet on unrealised potential and aim to hit gold with low cost / high unknown purchases rather than trying to target sure (expensive) bets like Gulden?

The desirable commodities (Free agents, contracted players, big dollar signings etc) are going to have multiple options and are just going to pursue a better one.

Should we instead look at recent draftees who haven't yet been offered a second contract? Which ones were highly regarded as juniors but for whatever reason (injury, role, strong club that's tough to break into, haven't matured yet) haven't yet made their mark.

These players have no suitors. Not only that, they will be worrying about their future in the game so very easy to have their head turned.

Taylor Goad for instance. Has done **** all. Early days for a ruck of course but NM would be at least wondering if he's a bust. If we swept in with a contract for him and a pick for North, would they take it? There are multiple players in similar boars around the league. Heck, Luke Pedlar would qualify.

Do we need to bet on unrealised potential and aim to hit gold with low cost / high unknown purchases rather than trying to target sure (expensive) bets like Gulden?
I think that's a fairly good strategy TBH. Cherry pick those guys we might have rated in their drafts to fill areas of need on the cheap.

Instead we'll end up with Brandon Parfitt

Taylor Goad for instance. Has done **** all. Early days for a ruck of course but NM would be at least wondering if he's a bust. If we swept in with a contract for him and a pick for North, would they take it? There are multiple players in similar boats around the league. Heck, Luke Pedlar would qualify.

Except we want experience

I wonder where the line is for you mate. At what point do you stop deflecting accountability from the club?
It’s if that happens I’ll be so angry, that rolls around and then it’s if this happens I’ll burn the club down and the cycle continues.

Except we want experience
You can still bring in the ANBs of this world. Again, that's a low cost investment instead of targeting sought after players in their prime.

We're not fighting with anyone for ANBs signature.

It’s if that happens I’ll be so angry, that rolls around and then it’s if this happens I’ll burn the club down and the cycle continues.
Miss out on Cumming:

Oh, so you were happy to overpay for a half back flanker

I thought everyone wanted us to fix the midfield?

Yes i wanted jack but at what cost and was he a neccesity ? Not really we need mids and a ruck and trying to get a higher pick to nab dodson is a bigger priority than jack in my opinion ever thought that is the clubs thoughts as well ?

No because it appears from reports we are giving up 25 without a whimper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet we are giving up 25 in a strong draft for a bloke who might have 3-4 years when we are contending and is just a role player
Surely to goodness we aren't really doing that

I know we lay the boots in and are probably too negative on here at times but we couldn't possibly be that incompetent

We're not giving up 25 for ANB, with Dodson projected to go around that mark.

Surely to goodness we aren't really doing that

I know we lay the boots in and are probably too negative on here at times but we couldn't possibly be that incompetent

We're not giving up 25 for ANB, with Dodson projected to go around that mark.
Frankly, we should be doing everything possible to strengthen our draft hand this year, not giving up picks for middling senior players. Sadly, given our re-signings/extensions so far this off season, it doesn't look like that's a focus. Many would disagree with me here, and this is nothing against the player, but I'd be looking at leveraging Rachele plus future picks for a pick inside the top 5. Two picks inside the top 5 is exactly what we need in this draft. Add ANB and Cumming to that and it's a pretty good off season.

But we won't be that aggressive, despite the rhetoric.

Just to lighten the mood in the off season .
Had to have a smile to see a picture from one of our players of his girlfriend on a boat in Sorrento Italy with a nice spread of lunch alongside her and just in the picture a Sherrin footy.
So guess we knew Rash had character but looking pretty committed as well .

Agree - for some weird reason it seems we have a better strike rate going after these types (KEays, Hinge, Keane) - trhe low risk/high reward scenario suits us better.

The more I think about it, I'm OK not getting Luko as think we would have had to give up too much draft and $$ Capital.

We need to focus on getting Draper, Dodson and Welsh in this years draft.

Future second for ANB, pure $$$ for Cumming.

From there - do what you have set out above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back