Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gettable's doing a live show from the MCG live site at 2pm

Someone pls get down there and quiz them on why the hell we'd do this
You couldn't make it up if we do flip 25 for ANB in this draft..it would literally fly in the face of the wisdom of this draft to do that.

Absolutely there are (more players in limbo than usual), it’s because we have a 2024 super draft — we love a super draft — we know there have only been a handful over the last 25 years,” Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“So why does that matter? Because clubs that would normally take two or three picks are looking at taking four and five, they love it — there’s probably 50 to 55 really good candidates in this draft.

“There’s just so many quality players — there’s talls, smalls, ruckmen and halfbacks.

“So players out there will be potentially pushed out. Clubs that would normally trade for them are saying to themselves: ‘We’ll get them as a delisted free agent’.

You couldn't make it up if we do flip 25 for ANB in this draft..it would literally fly in the face of the wisdom of this draft to do that.

Absolutely there are (more players in limbo than usual), it’s because we have a 2024 super draft — we love a super draft — we know there have only been a handful over the last 25 years,” Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“So why does that matter? Because clubs that would normally take two or three picks are looking at taking four and five, they love it — there’s probably 50 to 55 really good candidates in this draft.

“There’s just so many quality players — there’s talls, smalls, ruckmen and halfbacks.

“So players out there will be potentially pushed out. Clubs that would normally trade for them are saying to themselves: ‘We’ll get them as a delisted free agent’.
Great strategy to sign just about everyone on our list before the draft so we have no list spaces to bring anyone in.

I'm not criticising Rachele or his ability, I'm saying we are not (currently) a club who will get the best out of such an outgoing personality because we expect every player to conform to a rather vanilla, bland and corporate friendly style. There's a reason we hold guys like Van Berlo, David Mackay, Rory Sloane up as the epitome of what it means to be an Adelaide Crow player.

Rash is a guy who seems to thrive on confidence and is extremely outgoing, both on and off the field. All the sorts of things we seem to hate in a player.
Rankine ....Betts .....Charlie

giphy.gif

Jesus Christ. If we swap 25 for ANB and Dodson is there at that pick, I’d never forgive the club.

All this talk about being aggressive and we trade out a decent pick in an amazing draft for a 29 year old role player.

Great.
Can always trade back in, well try to.

I reckon he'll be gone by 20

Pyke absolutely stiffled Cameron and his celebrations, hated them and Betts and Rankine are not the trash talking types like Rachele at all.
You posted ...
I'm saying we are not (currently) a club who will get the best out of such an outgoing personality
Now you're narrowing it down to trash talkin ....in either case you're wrong ! there's no evidence of this

Show me the evidence around Pyke's attitude to stifling Cameron ....or it's just another made-up story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You posted ...

Now you're narrowing it down to trash talkin ....in either case you're wrong ! there's no evidence of this

Show me the evidence around Pyke's attitude to stifling Cameron ....or it's just another made-up story
Sure, next time I get told something from a player I'll ask them to write it down and sign it for you.

as much as we deny it these high pick busts happen to everyone
Absolutely this

We think the Crows are the worse with Draft Picks .....but if you do a comparison to other AFL Clubs, we stack up pretty well

Sure, next time I get told something from a player I'll ask them to write it down and sign it for you.
Yeah, of course you were told by a player, Pyke didn't like outgoing personalities .....makes sense to hold that info for 8 years also

Jesus Christ. If we swap 25 for ANB and Dodson is there at that pick, I’d never forgive the club.

All this talk about being aggressive and we trade out a decent pick in an amazing draft for a 29 year old role player.

Great.
Aggressive?? He walked to us . If the club spin this as a win they will get feedback

Yeah, of course you were told by a player, Pyke didn't like outgoing personalities .....makes sense to hold that info for 8 years also
Oh, so you've got my entire posting history memorised. Good work!
I was told a story once about Pyke yelling at Cameron "you're not as ****ing good as you think you are" or words to that effect when Cameron had done a goal celebration in a game we ended up losing.

Lever leaving was put in place before Pyke even got here though when we dropped him for the finals in 2015. He had everyone whispering in his ear after that.

Any indication which way? Twomey usually has good inside lines at Port Adelaide.
He absolutely does not. Got told this from someone inside clubland that would know, Twomey calls all clubs frequently trying to get info on drafting/trades, to the point it happens so often (and is just plain annoying) that they usually ignore him.

Great.
Very good chance Dodson is top 20, he is moving up the draft boards very fast

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back