Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thing that frustrates me

We have a poor record of attracting known quality players to the club. The best pathway we have to obtaining quality players is through the draft and developing those players.

Ummm, whilst your idea above makes sense the reality is quite the opposite.

We've had 5+ years of rebuild/high draft picks and our best two players by a country mile have been the ones we've traded in.

These two players were fortunate enough to develop outside the AFC/Nicks 'system'.

Ummm, whilst your idea above makes sense the reality is quite the opposite.

We've had 5+ years of rebuild/high draft picks and our best two players by a country mile have been the ones we've traded in.

These two players were fortunate enough to develop outside the AFC/Nicks 'system'.
Two sides of the coin

On one hand, they got a lot better here than they were at their previous clubs
On the other hand, given our development history, it's tough not to say if they were at the AFC since they were drafted, they wouldn't be close to the players they are today

Can you imagine if Port ship Houston to North for their F1 and it ends up being pick 2 next year, they could literally be swapping Houston for Dyson Sharp.

They have Lukosius and if they beat us to Cumming, thats their Houston replacement as well. Enough to make you vomit at how well they could manage this offseason compared to us.
This is why they are constantly in the top 4.. they are a coaching change away from making that elusive GF.
They just have better and smarter people running their club..

Likely the latter. At the end of that game I knew they'd up their offer in $$ and picks to get him. They're desperate to fix their forward line to compliment their banging midfield.

The same way we're desperate to fix our midfield with very decent forwards and backs.
As soon as that forward line clicks at port they will be top 2 locks for years to come.. especially when Ken leaves. I just wish a big Vic club would offer Butters the keys to city and a godfather deal to get him out of Port

As soon as that forward line clicks at port they will be top 2 locks for years to come.. especially when Ken leaves. I just wish a big Vic club would offer Butters the keys to city and a godfather deal to get him out of Port
yeah right their backline is crap and forwards aint much better

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the full list of players we've recruited from other clubs in the past 20 years, who were best 22 at their club and under the age of 27

Izak Rankine
Jordan Dawson
Eddie Betts
Scott Thompson

Our recruiting record is abysmal. We pick up the occasional fringe player scraps (Seedsman, Lynch, Hinge, Symes, Jacobs) but when it actually comes to recruiting best 22 players from other clubs our record is appalling
Wow. That's not a down patch, that's a long-standing systemic issue

I disagree. Rachele has shown massive upside and people are too quick to jump on his mistakes and forget his great moments. Even if he wasn't projecting well trading him would likely also lose us soligo and nank eventually.
I'm not criticising Rachele or his ability, I'm saying we are not (currently) a club who will get the best out of such an outgoing personality because we expect every player to conform to a rather vanilla, bland and corporate friendly style. There's a reason we hold guys like Van Berlo, David Mackay, Rory Sloane up as the epitome of what it means to be an Adelaide Crow player.

Rash is a guy who seems to thrive on confidence and is extremely outgoing, both on and off the field. All the sorts of things we seem to hate in a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back