Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 26
  • Isaac Cumming has chosen Adelaide
  • Sid Draper denies rumor that he is upset with the club's handling of Rachele, saying he is a Crows supporter and would love to join Adelaide or any of the other clubs
  • Kane Cornes leaks potential new Crows logo (see here), corroborated by Braden Ingram
  • We have interest in James Peatling

Last edited:
again, why cherry pick..what did I say after that sentence? The rest of the post gives context

in the near term and watching them like a hawk over whether they can get a deal for Cumming over the line on what should have been a slam dunk for us with what we could have offered.
a) you posted you negative thoughts on the Club after the Cumming announcement

b) you realise he's an UFA .....nah, you don't by your post

I rest my case on your knowledge base

They spelt Adelaide correctly too but watch the naysayers overlook that positive too
The text is one of the worst parts.

I don't mind the concept now. Scorpus is dead right about some of the angles and details. Beak is shitful too.

As I stated in another thread the money man can get stuffed. Shortchanged us all with his misinformation. Get in the bin.
Such is the demand for info, these social media people ...trolls and media, are just pumping out rumours

Doesn't matter if they right or not .....it's all forgotten in a few days, after the next round of rumours

Why would the one leaked image we see of the logo be from some embroidery / print on fabric - and the lowest quality image you could possibly imagine?

Getting less concerned.

View attachment 2122397

This quality of image is what you would expect with a leak. Someone using their phone to snap a pic of a computer screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it been ink-printed onto a towel?
Yeah - strange thing to do at this stage.
There are creative goal celebrations and there are ones that are low-blows and distasteful

The no-teeth celebration and pre-game comments was not called for - it’s a tasteless dig at people who might be from a Lower social economic situation
What? Apricot slice with a glass of Chardonnay anyone?

The jibes aren't real, they are just ways to rib your most loathed opposition.

And thats where IN PRIVATE, he shouldve had a few words said to him by senior leaders.
Celebrations are something I want to see more of, but get to your teammates too.

Not dropped and publicly shamed.

Putting aside whether the leadership group asking Rachele what not to do for one second, this is exactly the issue.

Keep it behind closed doors. It could have been handled so, so much better.

Journo baits Laird, desk man just plays a straight bat, tows the line.
They want to drop him to prove a point still? Go for it. Tell him why, officially put it as Out: Rachele (Managed).

Yet our brains trust chose every single course of action that made everyone come out looking worse than they should have.

If you think that me writing a single line is equivalent to a line-by-line deconstruction, then knock yourself out. Logos don't matter, and caring about them is wasted energy.
It's ok if logos don't matter to you - but you don't need to get too excited by other people having a light chat about it on a footy forum.

My son plays with Alex Dodson, the last conversation I had was his interest seems to be strongest with North Melbourne. Ill be curious where he lands & if he bolts up the order or not.

Only concern is he will take a few years to develop and this is a deep draft of powerful runners.
North have picks 2, 22, 40, 58 and 64. They want to trade in Darling plus a couple of others. As far as I know they aren't doing any trades out or losing any free agents. They're not using pick 2 on Dodson, so either they're splitting 2 or 22 is what we'll have to beat.

The version I had seen was on a navy background and straight on - this taken at a slight angle does make it look a bit odd.

The text is identical though, so I'm thinking either this, or I have seen an early/prototype version

I'm now currently squinting my eyes, tilting my phone 😄

I'm not a designer, but if I was going to use a logo in a similar vein to this, I would have gone for something more down this path

1727327894285.png 1727328272525.png

(Straightened logo from the graphic design board)

Last edited:
Putting aside whether the leadership group asking Rachele what not to do for one second, this is exactly the issue.

Keep it behind closed doors. It could have been handled so, so much better.

Journo baits Laird, desk man just plays a straight bat, tows the line.
They want to drop him to prove a point still? Go for it. Tell him why, officially put it as Out: Rachele (Managed).

Yet our brains trust chose every single course of action that made everyone come out looking worse than they should have.
The worst part is the backlash is exactly what we didnt want after an awful season and many managerial mistakes.
Play the kid for the final round and in his exit interview you have a stern chat about a more 'team first' approach while pumping up his tyres about what he is good at. Its not rocket science, but once again AFC fails to do anything useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back