Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t Montgomery want to come back to SA for family reasons (like Burgo)? If we have a Snr Assistant position or other (new role) available…

There were rumours earlier in the season around this, but the WCE job came up…

Look, I'm hoping it's true. It'd be great if we turned up the heat on Peatling after missing out on Luko.

But a lot of rumours only exist as inventions on BigFooty. When there's widespread media coverage every day on trade rumours - anything I read here I think is just make believe until it gets reported somewhere else.

There's been stacks of coverage on suitors for Peatling and we've been completely unmentioned so far. I hope it changes.
That's why this thread is called rumours and speculation though mate. It's a place to speculate on rumours.

By definition a rumours thread is 80% Bulls**t, but the 20% is so much fun it keeps us all trawling through the nonsense everyday.

So for me it's all fair game until the player is photographed in a new clubs colours

Lukosius is going to be better than Motlop, but I remember when the "race" was on for Motlop between Port and Crows. Ultimately he chose Port, and turns out he was on a massively inflated contract that he never delivered on.

It's not surprising. Port's model is to overpay to lure players and trade wanted players for picks to then get needs. It leaves them with top end talent but no depth. I admire their balls, though.

Lukosius is going to be better than Motlop, but I remember when the "race" was on for Motlop between Port and Crows. Ultimately he chose Port, and turns out he was on a massively inflated contract that he never delivered on.

It's not surprising. Port's model is to overpay to lure players and trade wanted players for picks to then get needs. It leaves them with top end talent but no depth. I admire their balls, though.

Ball admirer.

That's why this thread is called rumours and speculation though mate. It's a place to speculate on rumours.

By definition a rumours thread is 80% Bulls**t, but the 20% is so much fun it keeps us all trawling through the nonsense everyday.

So for me it's all fair game until the player is photographed in a new clubs colours

20%? You're being very generous here.

The irony is their list management strength is essentially the root cause of their inability to win finals.

Every team has a great top 6 players in their 22. But more often then not it's the bottom 6 that let your team down. Port have an exceptional top 6, but their bottom 6 are a liability, especially when the heat is turned up.

If the rumoured Luko numbers are accurate, that's not getting easier in the next 5 years IMO

Twomey gets his rumours from managers and club leaks. He's notorious for how he ferrets out info.

There is no one on BigFooty who is leaking information they get direct from managers. Mostly it's just people making things up.

No disrespect to Jeffcrowe - who is both an excellent poster and a great middle order bat - but I don't think he was claiming that his source was a manager or someone direct.
There are plenty of people on here that have sources in player management and clubs, I don't understand why you think everyone just makes it up when that absolutely isn't true. I have a mate that works in recruiting at an AFL club, if I get anything I will share it. I know Trigger13 has a mate in player management.

Twomey doesn't get better info because he's a journo and he gets fed bad info just like people on here do at times. People that post on here are more likely to get a juicy rumour because they are not a journo with a public profile.

Are there trolls that just make up stuff too? Yes, but as you've seen with Josh Money, journos can do that too.

Are there trolls that just make up stuff too? Yes, but as you've seen with Josh Money, journos can do that too.
Call me naive but I still don’t believe they make stuff up, he’s been given bad information by someone.
You run a 95% chance of being wrong and being made to look like a fool by making something up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep stanning for the integrity of so called “journalists”.

I’m just pointing out that there are millions of examples of them peddling b******t.
I don’t actually it’s more that if there’s a good story about the crows/bad story about port it gets believed yet the reverse, “it’s all they’re making it up, what would they know.”
And what is the evidence that Money made it up and didn’t get fed bad information?

I don’t actually it’s more that if there’s a good story about the crows/bad story about port it gets believed yet the reverse, “it’s all they’re making it up, what would they know.”
And what is the evidence that Money made it up and didn’t get fed bad information?
Maybe some of them are not journalists, but instead are short arsed, teenage-brained middle wits with a cheesy name and cheesier smile who masquerade as someone important in order to disguise their inferiority complex and the embarrassing fact that they barrack for a feral team?

Port are robbing themselves - Now we know why they started the narrative Adelaide offered more.

7 years at $1m per season for a player that kicked 23 goals this year and was dropped

Add Rozee and JHF long term deals, plus Ratugolea on $800k for next for years - no wonder they have no depth.

It will be interesting to see how they retain Butters in two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do you actually believe it's a 7 $million Contract ......not a chance in hell

Feels like we’ve got something else big coming up. I don’t think we are done with ANB and Cummings. They’ve said we are going to be VERY active in the trade period. I’d love for us to still be having a crack at Oliver or throwing a huge offer at LDU like we did to Gulden

Lol, that's very true, and at least it's an ACTUAL rumour.

I just think it's funny how emotional this place can get over things that weren't ever real - like, we go from "twitter random" to "it's happening" to "I'm so angry they couldn't get it done" in a heartbeat - meanwhile, the twitter random has moved on to making different shit up for likes ...

Lol, that's very true, and at least it's an ACTUAL rumour.

I just think it's funny how emotional this place can get over things that weren't ever real - like, we go from "twitter random" to "it's happening" to "I'm so angry they couldn't get it done" in a heartbeat - meanwhile, the twitter random has moved on to making different shit up for likes ...
It’s really just some on the edges that get like that though.

There are plenty of people on here that have sources in player management and clubs, I don't understand why you think everyone just makes it up when that absolutely isn't true. I have a mate that works in recruiting at an AFL club, if I get anything I will share it. I know Trigger13 has a mate in player management.

Twomey doesn't get better info because he's a journo and he gets fed bad info just like people on here do at times. People that post on here are more likely to get a juicy rumour because they are not a journo with a public profile.

Sorry, I don't believe the credibility of anyone here is even remotely close to a Sam Edmund or a Twomey.

We've MAYBE had one or two folks with genuine sources here over the last 20 years, and they've all been chased away like the one pretty girl in a mining town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back