Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what Fagan is. You've got it around the wrong way - this feels like the structure that many successful teams in different sports are leaning towards.
Nicks is a young go-getter in coaching terms, not an elder statesman

Posted this couple of threads - he is a massive reason for Brisbane’s turn around this year, they were busted before he arrived at the Lions.

I think we had a crack at him last off season but Burns was locked in the Asst role

He would be a great get

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
we cannot afford that many lollies

im a no sorry. i want someone who has success in coaching ranks

Nicks isn't a father figure though. He just threw one of his players under the bus in the media and encouraged other senior players to do similar.

He's nothing like Fagan in that respect who seems extremely supportive of his players at all times
Except all the young players re-sign and seem very committed to the club. It's obviously a happier place, and maybe the younger players wanted their father figure to show a bit of discipline?

Look, we're not inside the club. We're just fans, living vicariously through the achievement and failures of others. I'm just saying there's a few ways to view it.

Look, we're not inside the club. We're just fans
There it is - the absolute this should shut you muppets up line

Can you explain what you think culture is and means inside a sporting organisation?

Agree with all that - I think AFL coaches are maybe getting closer to soccer managers and NFL head coaches. You're a man manager and leader - but a lot of the actual vision and innovation happens on the ground with the line cocoaches
Problem is Nicks doesn't really have a vision...

You need to have decent smarts to be a head coach.

He's clearly learning on the job, and proving to be a ridiculously slow learner
He's not suddenly going to get better after 5 years.

He keeps repeating same mistake over, which means he will never come up to speed.

Should still be on your training wheels after 5 years.

Posted this couple of threads - he is a massive reason for Brisbane’s turn around this year, they were busted before he arrived at the Lions.

I think we had a crack at him last off season but Burns was locked in the Asst role

He would be a great get

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is Dew at Brisbane this year?

I was reliably informed him being overweight would negatively impact the playing group because they'd be expected to meet fitness standards the coaching group doesn't

The media are yet to cotton on to it.
Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, they have a culture and vision for the team.

But they have innovative line coaches that surround them. They're not in the weeds, they're able to lead, motivate and unite.

Anyway, that's my view of where many teams are going. Obviously others do it differently, but it's interesting that one of this "fatherly motivator" group just won the flag.
How do you know he’s not tactical?

The greatest soccer managers, Ferguson, pep, Mourinho, even Postecoglou all had a distinct startegic vision and system in terms of how they want to play and they would be uncompromising in seeing this vision become a reality. They are in complete control and are the key decision makers.

That's a terrible example.

I can't comment on NFL as I'm not familiar.
He’s been watching too much Ted Lasso

Except all the young players re-sign and seem very committed to the club. It's obviously a happier place, and maybe the younger players wanted their father figure to show a bit of discipline?

Look, we're not inside the club. We're just fans, living vicariously through the achievement and failures of others. I'm just saying there's a few ways to view it.
How can you say on one hand we are just fans and not inside the club and then on the other hand claim to be an expert on what’s happening in the coaches box at Brisbane?

Well that’s fine though. They need to cover Marshall and Luko has already shown he can do that - and has been a match winner on occasion. Who else can do it for them? At a proven level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kenny is a fan of having a big bloke to play through even if they don't take many grabs. It's a stupid strategy, but Esava can probably fill the shoes. Not Dixon at his peak, but Dixon of the last 3 or so years.

I don't think Nicks has a strong or easily identifiable coaching identity
GWS disagree ....Nicks, was credited with GWS's jump to the Grand Final, the year he was there

For the love of god Adelaide. Take the brain slug off Malcolm Blight and put it on Bailey Smith.

Kenny is a fan of having a big bloke to play through even if they don't take many grabs. It's a stupid strategy, but Esava can probably fill the shoes. Not Dixon at his peak, but Dixon of the last 3 or so years.
Ratagolea is shit and they now know it. They are stuck with a lemon. He be lucky to get a game even if they have nobody else.

New coach and they will go small forward of the ball.

Ratagolea is shit and they now know it. They are stuck with a lemon. He be lucky to get a game even if they have nobody else.

New coach and they will go small forward of the ball.
They dont really have the ability to do that. Outside of Rioli and SPP their smalls are shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back