Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:

Brayden has been on our list for 4 years. This year he spent a little more time on the wing than previous seasons when he was predominantly played as a forward.

2021; 3 matches, 14 disposals per game, no goals
2022; 8 matches, 10.5 disposals per game, 3 goals
2023; 1 match, 16 disposals per game, no goals
2024; 15 matches, 9.3 disposals per game, 12goals

Lachie Murphy in his fourth season;
2021; 15 matches, 11.7 disposals per match, 9 goals.

Could Brayden become the next Lachie Murphy?
I would rather cook play Murphys role then Murphy

He was described as very green when drafted .....he's looked lost the last couple of years, found it hard to get possessions

In 2024 Cook looked to finally get it .....played more FWD than Ciao Giacomo is suggesting, but roamed up to the Wing and back

Looked fitter and more confident in 2024 ....what's his ceiling, we'll know more at the end of next season
And 4 years on he's still pretty green, needs to seriously extract the digit or his AFL career will pass like a warm summer breeze...

We've been plenty patient enough already.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

i was for this last year. not anymore. not worth it.

So go get one.

All you need is a Darcy Fort. Nothing is more irrelevant than ruckmen.
It’s funny that the other day you said about sample size, did fort play all year?
Whilst you don’t need a gun ruck you need one that can football around the ground.

I like Dodson, but I’m kinda the same, especially if it’s for our F1 straight up

I’ve got my eye on Xavier Lindsay at that pick. Run all day, athletic, skilled wing that has played mid for Gippy, too
Yeah, or a Joe Berry? He seems absolutely built for the modern game

On Triple M rumour mill this morning, they said one of the other SA stations sent their 2 main presenters to the AFL Grand Final on a client-entertainment gig, and when they got there, the station only had a ticket for 1 of the hosts.

Could only think it would be 5aa or SEN as the sports stations, so is Timmy sounding a little pissed off at being shafted out of a GF ticket? Only other option would be Bicks and Walsh from SEN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, cos Cook is good when he gets the ball. He just... is a bit too weak in a contest and also can't get it enough.

Pretty much he has to be best 22 next year... or that's it for him. I'm bullish.

Similar statement for Pedlar I guess, just different problems.

The good news for both of them is that the bottom 5 or so players in our 22 are fairly trash, so they could easily be well entrenched if they can live up to their talent.
Which bottom 5 players?

Murphy and which 4 others?

On Triple M rumour mill this morning, they said one of the other SA stations sent their 2 main presenters to the AFL Grand Final on a client-entertainment gig, and when they got there, the station only had a ticket for 1 of the hosts.

Could only think it would be 5aa or SEN as the sports stations, so is Timmy sounding a little pissed off at being shafted out of a GF ticket? Only other option would be Bicks and Walsh from SEN.
Ruch/Dillon

He probably means Sean Darcy (I think you know that) who I just happened to rate highly even though you're mate Sanders heaped shit on me for quite a while....Safe to say I had the last laugh.
No, I didn't know that.

Sam Darcy is a recent high draft pick.

Sean Darcy was taken pick 38 years ago. Why would he be relevant? I wouldn't offer pick 12 for Sean Darcy either. Injury prone and has only played a full season twice.

No, I didn't know that.

Sam Darcy is a recent high draft pick.

Sean Darcy was taken pick 38 years ago. Why would he be relevant? I wouldn't offer pick 12 for Sean Darcy either. Injury prone and has only played a full season twice.
Sean Darcy is one of the very best rucks in the AFL and one of the few that are truly ambidextrous with their tapping.

Chalk & cheese roles
Murphy; 3.08 tackles per match Cook; 1.52 tackles per match
Murphy; 2.51 inside 50s per match. Cook 1.56 inside 50s per match
Murphy 0.55 goal assists per match. Cook 0.3 goal assists per match
Murphy 0.65 goals per match. Cook 0.56 goals per match
Murphy 3.08 tackles per match. Cook 1.52 tackles per match
Murphy 0.14 contested marks per match. Cook 0.15 contested marks per match
Murphy 0.7 clearances per match. Cook 0.7 clearances per match.

So the promising Cook gets less of the ball, has half the tackles, has just over 50% of the inside 50s, kicks less goals, has fewer goal assists than our worst forward.

If his role isn’t kicking goals, setting up goals, kicking the ball inside 50, contested marking or tackling…..what is his role?

That's interesting.

That might be our Senior Assistant - not Dew.

Disappointing but glad to get SOMEONE.
I know he’s been head of that department for 8 years and overseen some good player growth, but a development coach as a senior assistant would be VERY disappointing, for mine

Hope it’s to replace Bello

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back