Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Ok thanks for thoughts. Reidy has said Jnr was a top guy and very loyal. Loved by teammates. Sad his career has been cut down so badly as was probably our most promising youngster (not huge competition) when signed up for the 5 year contract
JR is absolutely spot on, at least it looks that way from the outside.

JR is absolutely spot on, at least it looks that way from the outside.
How do you rate JRs performance overall? And Hamishs also?

For me, JR has had an excellent last 4 years (Dawson, Rankine and the 3 this year). Secured all major elite talents to extensions (a couple for an unprecedented term) whilst not stuffing up long term contracts for oldies /questionable talents with perhaos Murphs contract the only exception - which is minor in comparison to real stuff ups (Oliver owed anywhere between 8-10m over the next 6 years…). Aggressive and if we had hit with Day last year would have been an exceptional period but either way we would be one of the best performing clubs in the last 4 years for attracting inbound trades of good-elite players (not much before this though)

Hamish - started with a bang and drafted 3 x AA in first few years (CC, Lever and Crouch) plus excellent pick of MM in the 40’s. Then went missing for a few years 2015-2019 which was shite overall (yea understand English/Gooch issue) but also think his last 4 years have been excellent- both high end first rounders (TT, Rachele, Curtin) plus Soli and potential of Edwards, Ryan and others. Great “bargain basement” ins with Keays, Hinge, Keane, Butts, Murray, Nank also

Interested in your thoughts mate

The only reason for thinking milera is best 22, is the bias associated with him being “the Dangerfield pick”. He’s not good enough and sadly, that’s footy.

Any of his instinctive creativity was crowed out of him (cough, Rachelle) and the coaching staff can’t decide where his best position is…

Add multiple injuries.. and here we are. We owe to him to get him through his rehab and cut him loose.

its injuries not form besides 2022 after coming back from 2 full years out when his form was only mediocre. 2023 form was very good IMO but acknowledge all these injuries may cumulatively mean his body gets worn down to not being able to replicate this form again.

Ideal bench player who can fill in most positions - hbf, wing, forward flank and even mid early on (not sure if he is still up to this) but exceptional time and space, the ability to get out of congestion almost competition best, excellent kick and decision making. Really like the lad and sad he hasnt been able to produce his best due to injuries. Before his rare heart condition in 2015 there was talk he was a top 3-5 draftee but never had a full run at things once he matured
I think he’s only ever looked good off half back, weaving his way through traffic

i think after various suspensions and warnings if you continue the undesirable pattern of behaviour - toxic attacking of the man and not the issue as a high % of his postings relative to any other poster - I imagine chances run out.

That said, sure he is reading now and Crow-Mosone and Cro-Mo have risen like a Phoenix historically so I am sure he will be given another chance at some point
Like Arnie, He'll be back!

Yeah - him and Nank the only two that might get a bite ... and we should say no way to both.

I think some teams would take ROB but that won't be a snap judgement, that would be planned.
Taylor and Nank have not shown enough to be on the Do-Not-Trade-At-Any-Price list.

We need another ruck pretty badly.

Taylor and Nank have not shown enough to be on the Do-Not-Trade-At-Any-Price list.

We need another ruck pretty badly.
With the incoming players and the picks from last season's draft I sadly feel Taylor will struggle for time and a trade may be best for all. Nank in that boat maybe.

i think after various suspensions and warnings if you continue the undesirable pattern of behaviour - toxic attacking of the man and not the issue as a high % of his postings relative to any other poster - I imagine chances run out.

That said, sure he is reading now and Crow-Mosone and Cro-Mo have risen like a Phoenix historically so I am sure he will be given another chance at some point
Nope hasn’t logged in since.

The only reason for thinking milera is best 22, is the bias associated with him being “the Dangerfield pick”. He’s not good enough and sadly, that’s footy.

Any of his instinctive creativity was crowed out of him (cough, Rachelle) and the coaching staff can’t decide where his best position is…

Add multiple injuries.. and here we are. We owe to him to get him through his rehab and cut him loose.

Part of the problem is as a defender now a days you need to bring something to the mix. Milera isn't soft but he isn't hard at the player or ball, he can't lock down a player and doesn’t have elite disposal.

The days of going down back to run the ball out because you couldn't make it on the wing or up forward are past.

He is solid player and if he can get himself fit he will play plenty of games but unless he can reinvent himself in one of those roles he won't be best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the problem is as a defender now a days you need to bring something to the mix. Milera isn't soft but he isn't hard at the player or ball, he can't lock down a player and doesn’t have elite disposal.

The days of going down back to run the ball out because you couldn't make it on the wing or up forward are past.

He is solid player and if he can get himself fit he will play plenty of games but unless he can reinvent himself in one of those roles he won't be best 22.
Bit tough on Milera's disposal there, he's a bloody good kick, one of his very best attributes along with his agility and evasiveness. What remains to be seen with his serious achilles injury is will he still maintain that agility and evasiveness.

Totally agree on Milera and Crouch, a Fit Milera is easily best 22, and with the re-gig of our Midfield with Rankine, Soli, Daws and now Peatling, we have pace so his hand will be like gold.
Where does he play?

Sadly this will be it.

Fingers crossed he stays fit but those thinking he walks back into the 22 are misguided IMO.

I doubt Junior would even be thinking that at this stage.
Someone said Pedlar has to sit in the 2s and get his body right before thinking of reclaiming a spot in the As - I feel Milera is in a similar position.

I dont think 6 weeks in the SANFL would be a good guide to his readiness for AFL

Doing my round 1 team for next year I could only squeeze him onto the bench but that's without the expected development of Ryan and Edwards.

Very borderline inclusion for next year. The preseason is crucial to him.

Kelly said that there are no other plans to change the list besides what's known.

It will be bring in ANB, Peatling, pick 4 and Welsh.
As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.

Pretty easy to guess. I’ve seen the same with other posters on here too from the same mod.
I've been given infractions from all our mods bar 1 (I won't even bother mentioning mods on other boards), does that mean I'm being targeted by all of them?

TBF - I've deserved all of them, and on more than few occasions knew I'd be infracted when posting a reply

About the only thing I'd question is the size or severity on a few of them - c'est la vie

He'll probably be allowed back after a reasonable holiday

There are mods on others boards who were perma banned in previous incarnations of their lives here

Even at his fit and firing best he's had this tendency to pick and choose when he "gos", when he chases and when he runs hard to a contest.
When he's off,and by that I mean having an isolated bad day, his effort,body language and all round demeanour are atrocious.

His best is game breaking spectacular, but I feel his poor outweighs it easily. I also think he'd be one of the first to go missing under finals pressure.
Popular opinion Im sure.

Doing my round 1 team for next year I could only squeeze him onto the bench but that's without the expected development of Ryan and Edwards.

Very borderline inclusion for next year. The preseason is crucial to him.
He won't start in the team Round One. He needs a couple of months of footy to find his feet before he gets back to the top level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back