Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5 and 6
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
The issue with Crouch isn't so much whether he's good at his role, it's that we have a bunch of other players to develop

Crouch turns 30 shortly into next season and, if we're being honest, is not part of our premiership team

We have to develop a pick 4 midfielder, Curtin, and Edwards, we've just traded in Peatling and Rankine should return to the side in a midfield role. We've also got to keep developing Soligo in an inside role, Taylor, etc.

It's all well and good to want to play Crouch, but he has zero versatility so will always been occupying a role that should be used on someone that will be there for our next premiership.

I guess you can point to 2017 as a finals midfield that worked with Crouch in there... but that will be 8 seasons ago.
Apart from his age... He still offers alot ... While there are a few in the team who are like him... Ie berry, laird etc ... He is still better at what he does... Which is why berry should have been traded. Apart from injury he had been very consistent when the coach actually played him in his role which is a pure in and under player. The team is the best when he's the only one playing in that role. It doesn't work when there are others with the same skillset. If I'll picking the team, he's ahead of berry who is his main competition. Laird should not be considered got the midfield. I don't even want to see laird in defense.

McHenry’s been gone 5 minutes and the whipping boy is…Wayne Milera?!? Seriously? Excellent footballer, easily part of our best team. Bad run of injuries doesn’t make someone a plodder. Some short memories here.

Apart from his age... He still offers alot ... While there are a few in the team who are like him... Ie berry, laird etc ... He is still better at what he does... Which is why berry should have been traded. Apart from injury he had been very consistent when the coach actually played him in his role which is a pure in and under player. The team is the best when he's the only one playing in that role. It doesn't work when there are others with the same skillset. If I'll picking the team, he's ahead of berry who is his main competition. Laird should not be considered got the midfield. I don't even want to see laird in defense.

The fact he is the best of the three at what he does, shouldn't mean we should pick him. He is a massive liability in transition which is why he spends so much time on the bench, teams actively play through Crouch when he is on the field.

McHenry’s been gone 5 minutes and the whipping boy is…Wayne Milera?!? Seriously? Excellent footballer, easily part of our best team. Bad run of injuries doesn’t make someone a plodder. Some short memories here.
Not a plodder at all, but who knows how he’s going to look once he comes back from this injury

Should start in the SANFL at least, then if his form holds up and/or there’s injuries to our half backs, bring him in

The issue with Crouch isn't so much whether he's good at his role, it's that we have a bunch of other players to develop

Crouch turns 30 shortly into next season and, if we're being honest, is not part of our premiership team

We have to develop a pick 4 midfielder, Curtin, and Edwards, we've just traded in Peatling and Rankine should return to the side in a midfield role. We've also got to keep developing Soligo in an inside role, Taylor, etc.

It's all well and good to want to play Crouch, but he has zero versatility so will always been occupying a role that should be used on someone that will be there for our next premiership.

I guess you can point to 2017 as a finals midfield that worked with Crouch in there... but that will be 8 seasons ago.
I actually think the club thinks we can make a run this year before Tex is done. Reason we went out and got ANB.

We have a solid midfield with some younger guys. Our forward line is still great with Tex, Fog, TT and Rankine.

Feel like its a free shot this year and if it fails then we continue to devlope the kids.

I actually think the club thinks we can make a run this year before Tex is done. Reason we went out and got ANB.

We have a solid midfield with some younger guys. Our forward line is still great with Tex, Fog, TT and Rankine.

Feel like its a free shot this year and if it fails then we continue to devlope the kids.

Would be nice if there was a clear objective for once. I don't think the Club has any idea what it's trying to do. I'm betting the story will change 3 times over the next season,just as it has over the past 6.

When they're foot and knee injuries it robs him of his best assets.

He's not part of our best team let alone EASILY part of it.

Until Murphy and Laird are playing SANFL or retired the position of whipping boy shouldn't be in any doubt.

Milera was a whipping boy before McHenry was drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird got squeezed out of the midfield but will we remember that when we put together our midfield group for next season?

Smith got squeezed out of the team altogether. Will we remember this if he puts in a strong preseason?

ROB got dropped. Will we remember this when putting together our 2025 leadership group?

We haven't been very good at taking on board lessons learned from one season to the next. Often players can weasel their way back in on the back of strong preseason training efforts. Similarly players who worked their way into the team and started contributing find themselves at the back of the queue again by Round 1. Makes it hard to build anything.

Circular? He's never tried to curtail someone's right to an opinion because it doesn't meet his positivity standards, only you do that 😃

You even played a very strong part in having sanders banned for that reason yet his friend mostyn doesn't seem to appreciate that 😃
I ****ing DID NOT have Sanders banned.

Where does he play?

Its not so much his ability - which very few doubt but its the timing of it. Out of contract and 30 years old with kids coming through

If he wants to fight and scrape for a contract in 2026 then so be it - but the club should be looking to move him on

I think you're right, but I also think the club's definition of "making a run" is finishing 7th

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back