Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:

Report confirmed that GWS want F2 and 46

I’d do it if we get 56 back
Yep I agree.

The thing thats making me uneasy right now is knowing how strong this draft is being seen as and we see a number of clubs at the back end of the top 10 and a bit beyond openly putting their 1sts up for bid and we can't play ball to get an extra pick around 10 in this draft - Draper and say Travaglia would be so good....hmm

Yep I agree.

The thing thats making me uneasy right now is knowing how strong this draft is being seen as and we see a number of clubs at the back end of the top 10 and a bit beyond openly putting their 1sts up for bid and we can't play ball to get an extra pick around 10 in this draft - Draper and say Travaglia would be so good....hmm
Would be nice to have that flexibility, but I’m not too fussed, keeping that F1 means we maintain the capital required to have a crack at a NWM-type

They’re interested in our F2 but why not F1?
I would do F1 and 46 for Peatling and pick 21
Pick 21 does us no good, as we don't have any vacancies to fill with it. Our draft will be pick #4 and Welsh.

I want to know how they explain giving him an extra year on the board.

Seriously with all Roo is doing, why the **** wouldn’t he give it up? The bloke must be knackered all the time, no wonder he can’t think straight

They can't give him an extra year on the board, but guess what? Good news is that despite Neil Balme's ill-health and Graham Wright choosing the Carlton gig, we've managed to persuade Roo to stick around in a newly created, highly paying Director of Football role.

GIANTS PUSH FOR TWO PICKS​

GREATER Western Sydney has been keen on Adelaide's future second-round pick and selection No.46 in this year's draft in exchange for midfielder James Peatling.

But the Crows are not expected to hand over the selections, with more negotiations likely in coming days.

Adelaide's future second-round pick is set to be the central part of the trade talks between the clubs, with the Giants starting with an eye on the Crows' second remaining pick this season as well (No.46 is Adelaide's next selection after its pick No.4).

I reckon we should just pay it, if Welsh slips far enough we have no use for it. And if he doesn't, well, we just start eating into our 2025 3rd round pick. Having already spent our second and looking like replacing about 5 delisted players. Definitely was not worth playing hardball over ANB and demanding a 3rd or F3 back, best just to fold early so we can move onto other deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walk away from the Peatling deal. We don’t need him, we’re paying him too much and GWS asking price is too much for a guy they only offered a 1 year deal to. This ain’t aggressive, it’s stupid.
Not sure if you're kidding but GWS offered Peatling four years. Hard to see how F2 and change is a bad price, leaving aside whether the Crows actually want to pay it or not.

Walk away from the Peatling deal. We don’t need him, we’re paying him too much and GWS asking price is too much for a guy they only offered a 1 year deal to. This ain’t aggressive, it’s stupid.

If you're 'walking away' from any deal, ANB was the one. He wasn't going to be suiting up for Melbourne next year and Port weren't going to be able to offer more than us. So walking away would only see them grovelling back late in the piece hoping to get something.

I reckon we should just pay it, if Welsh slips far enough we have no use for it. And if he doesn't, well, we just start eating into our 2025 3rd round pick. Having already spent our second and looking like replacing about 5 delisted players. Definitely was not worth playing hardball over ANB and demanding a 3rd or F3 back, best just to fold early so we can move onto other deals.
If we have no F2 and go into deficit it will eat into our future 1st. If this does go down that way then rolling over on the ANB deal just looks incompetent. They should have at least held off until having talked to GWS.

If you're 'walking away' from any deal, ANB was the one. He wasn't going to be suiting up for Melbourne next year and Port weren't going to be able to offer more than us. So walking away would only see them grovelling back late in the piece hoping to get something.
Ideally ANB and Peatling for our F2, F3 & pick 43 would have been the best outcome. Take 27 to the draft in what looks to be a good hitting zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back