Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
I agree with you. I posted the day Peatling announced he chose Adelaide that we should take it to the PSD and it was disliked by many on here.

Sorry, but if GWS don't like what we're offering, and we're being very generous with a F2 pick, then take it or leave it. They have no bargaining power. We get him for free in the PSD and keep our F2. GWS are pissed that they've lost half a dozen players this off season and want to play hardball. Suits us to a tee.
The only thing is, I reckon someone else takes him and we as a club wouldn't like those optics.

In saying that, the Gianta might have done well to offer him a good contract and more midfield time if they rated him this highly

Well basically most of our best players have been traded in

This includes 2 that were discarded by another club and are both in the leadership group

He’s by far the most competent person in list management and recruiting at the club given his role is mainly to target and acquire mature age players that can help the squad , of course he’s backed up by one or 2 guys from recruiting that look at mature age players too

Meanwhile Hamish and his team have struggled to draft players that come up to same standards , some have but alot have struggled and delisted

The question would be is it drafting or development or both as trading has gone well after Reid’s initial issues with Gibbs etc in first couple years

Reid is competent enough to be offered a job at a big melb club , Hamish isn’t getting any job offers . Pretty sure this will be his last job in the afl
When!!!

it does make sense
they get a good first next year
we get two shit firsts. pick 15 will be 20 on the night.
Clearly GWS think we won't be bottom 4 next year with a much easier draw so want pick 46 with F2 so why would they want F1 as they think this would be around pick 10? We should have given them pick 28 and F2 to Melbourne.

I agree with you. I posted the day Peatling announced he chose Adelaide that we should take it to the PSD and it was disliked by many on here.

Sorry, but if GWS don't like what we're offering, and we're being very generous with a F2 pick, then take it or leave it. They have no bargaining power. We get him for free in the PSD and keep our F2. GWS are pissed that they've lost half a dozen players this off season and want to play hardball. Suits us to a tee.

Every club that finished below us would draft him, and it would severely damage our credibility not only with other clubs but with prospective recruits. There's a reason that the threat of walking a player to the PSD is almost never actually exercised.

Every club that finished below us would draft him, and it would severely damage our credibility not only with other clubs but with prospective recruits. There's a reason that the threat of walking a player to the PSD is almost never actually exercised.
When was the last time that happened? Nick Stevens is the only one I can remember.

no they wont its never happened

plus they will be too busy salivating over bailey smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only heard as Rowey went to the break and he mentioned Reid to Collingwood and Bartel to Adelaide. Is this a rumour or just his wishing?

Would be a great get and he gets to stay in Melbourne
They speak to Bartel on the show Wednesdays I think, or they did during the season anyway. Might be a case of "we know him, let's get him"

Which in this case I'd agree with

I only heard as Rowey went to the break and he mentioned Reid to Collingwood and Bartel to Adelaide. Is this a rumour or just his wishing?

Would be a great get and he gets to stay in Melbourne
So Bartel as list manager? Hasn’t had experience in the role so would be a stab in the dark, but I’d be on board

Edit: I’m wrong, he worked as a consultant in that space with the Lions

Far out, so a bid in at the last pick in 2nd round eats into our F1 whereas the 1st in 3rd round eats into our F3? And he's expected to be bid on at about 40, this is hilarious. We should have approached the ANB negotiation like we didn't care whether we got him or not, which is exactly what our list management committee should have been thinking. Great if we get him at the right price, stiff $hit if we don't. He can suck it up and stay at Melbourne, retire or play for Port, him wanting to get back to Adelaide is not our problem to overcome.

Our F1 will not be affect if we go into points deficit

What big gun key forward has collingwood attracted in the last 10 years even though they’ve gone for most ? And been in dire need of one for most of that time

Mcstay doesn’t count , he’s the biggest one they’ve landed despite being in market for all
There are Collingwood folk still scratching their heads that Lynch went to Richmond

He was a massive pie fan growing up and most of his family are massive pie nuffies as well

There are Collingwood folk still scratching their heads that Lynch went to Richmond

He was a massive pie fan growing up and most of his family are massive pie nuffies as well
If the Pies were smart, they would go after Lynch instead of Houston given Tigers are selling off their best players.

Would make their forward line very potent!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back