Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Clearly. His agent has said openly that he hasn't made up his mind yet, and he is waiting until Port are out of finals to have have another round of meetings with Adelaide and Port. This is code for upping the offers.

Port losing this week, as compared to today, doesn't trigger any new information to assist in decision making. The only variable factor in Port's contract offer is how much cap space they'll have which is dependent upon potential trading out of higher paid players. Is Houston still making a decision? If he's still wavering on staying/going, is Cumming going to hold off selecting a club until that decision is made and Port can provide a final offer? Could it go even longer and wait until Houston is successfully traded?

Port losing this week, as compared to today, doesn't trigger any new information to assist in decision making. The only variable factor in Port's contract offer is how much cap space they'll have which is dependent upon potential trading out of higher paid players. Is Houston still making a decision? If he's still wavering on staying/going, is Cumming going to hold off selecting a club until that decision is made and Port can provide a final offer? Could it go even longer and wait until Houston is successfully traded?
Free Agency ends pretty quickly, not sure they can wait that long

Just seemed a natural fit.

West Coast having trouble finding a coach is concerning. Wealthy club, good history etc. Whatever problems they're having will be worse at Adelaide when it's our turn.
Maybe...

But our development and list profile is several years ahead of the Eagles. Both clubs will bounce back but we're about ready to climb where West coast look likely to have a couple more lean years before they get a list coming together.

I get the "it's only Adelaide" chip on the shoulder thing but as a coaching opportunity, I think we are one of the most attractive options in the league.

Mid year, the strong rumour circulating was there had been a major fallout between Ross Lyon and Crouch ....and Crouch would not play another game under Lyon

That in fact is the case, he hasn't played another game .....the Knee has been questionable, but was it that bad to not play another game at any level since R11 (when the rumour was about) ?

Then Josh Jenkins put out a tweet yesterday, that Brad was training for next year ?

Think you will find he didn’t play another game to trigger the fifth year of his contract.

Who would have thought a coach not playing a player to trigger his contract, would never happen at the Crows?

I recall many posters pointing out a few years back that progress is not likely to be linear.

Anyone notice that of our six double ups this year, four were against the preliminary finalists? The other two were Hawthorn (but not before they came good), and Essendon (won one, and got robbed of the other).

IMO our first choice KPPs are Murray and Thilthorpe. Our key playmaker is Rankine. We didn't manage to get those three on the park together until R23.

We didn’t play for the first time Brisbane until R10, Sydney until R15 and even Hawthorn wasn’t until R13. We will always doubleup with Port.

Our season was cooked after R4 when we were 0-4 and were the 17th for points for (228) and only Eagles were worse (221).

And supercoach kept playing the same players with Dowling only getting a look in at R14 - Bond and Taylor were after that.

Clark added: “It’s somewhere in the middle — it’s around Pick 20, I think. I mean, Jack Lukosius, I’m not so sure he was in Gold Coast’s best 22 by the end. He was dropped by Damien Hardwick ... Where does he play? I don’t think he set the world on fire.”

Sounds reasonable - so how do we get pick 20?

Keane would've probably had that value.

Berry, maybe.

How, now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark added: “It’s somewhere in the middle — it’s around Pick 20, I think. I mean, Jack Lukosius, I’m not so sure he was in Gold Coast’s best 22 by the end. He was dropped by Damien Hardwick ... Where does he play? I don’t think he set the world on fire.”

Sounds reasonable - so how do we get pick 20?

Keane would've probably had that value.

Berry, maybe.

How, now?
25 and f2 for luko and 3rd rounder?

My guess with Cumming is we are favourites but he has to see what Port offer first.

Port can't offer until they know more about Luko and Perryman. Doesn't mean we are not first choice but just making sure he can't squeeze anything more out of us.

Had some port supporter saying that port had offered cumming a 6 year contract I think he got Perryman confused with cumming I said to him there’s no way that could fit them all in their salary cap

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why wouldn't they just get Cox?

Because everyone keeps turning them down.
Cox is part of succession plan at Sydney when Longmire retires

His family are settled there and don't particularly want to move (wife and kids). And I have some vague recollection his wife has a business there

He turned them down early in the piece

Yes, that's my point.

Why wouldn't they just get Buckley? Same reason they didn't just get Cox. Because they asked and they weren't interested.

And my comment “why don’t they just get Buckley” was a sarcastic dig at a few on here who were keen on him as a replacement for sacking Nicks

I doubt Bucks coaches again - I certainly doubt it would be us or any non VIC club. Port connection being arguably the only thing that might turn his head

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They'll be calling you Alex in no time, don't worry.
Look At That Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back