Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:
Someone has hinted that another name will drop tomorrow…..I wonder if that’s Caleb Daniel , knowing we’ve missed out on Cumming?

Yes I am suggesting chasing Oliver if someone competent at our club does due diligence.

Its a tough trade to quantify from the outside because we don't know his mental wellbeing. If he is mentally stable and we believe he will be able to get to his best - he is absolutely worth pick 4 and the salary.

Oliver is still cooked off field and looking like that on field - we will not fix him and he won’t fix us.

Crows admin and recruitment are too busy pushing this prioritise others crap when elite sportspeople want to prioritise winning.

Who wants to come play for a team with preschool like values where it's just about trying hard and not about results.

The "diverse" crows board love that crap coming out of Nicks mouth and without stronger football voices to challenge these ideals they think he's the Messiah and even extended his contract ahead of time because they were so afraid of him being poached.

Make no mistake this all starts at the board level and trickles down to give us a weak club with all the wrong values that is laughed at from the outside.
Literally every club has very similar values.

Go listen to the work that Jack Reiwoldt does, which comes from what Richmond did during their premiership years.

This is a waste of energy to get upset about - that we're not selfish enough? **** me.

You genuinely think his best friend, whose bridal party he is in, who is the captain of the club - you think that played no factor? You think Rozee wasn't on the phone, selling the vision?

How naive.
I'm sure he would have been selling the good points
Perennial finalist
Regular top four finisher
Elite midfield for you to play in front of

Of course, everyone knows all that already, same as anyone can see that we're a bottom four struggler with a mediocre coaching set up and a weak midfield. No matter what sell job anyone tries on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally every club has very similar values.

Go listen to the work that Jack Reiwoldt does, which comes from what Richmond did during their premiership years.

This is a waste of energy to get upset about - that we're not selfish enough? **** me.
What Jack talks about is vulnerability and being real and expressing how you truly feel to build trust. Trust is crucial to a winning team.

That's nothing like what the crows are doing. In fact I couldn't think of a more inauthentic club and set of values.

"Let's all.care.about each other" what a load of inauthentic garbage.

To be vulnerable is to express how you really feel and not be crucified by the choir boys mob. The players at Adelaide are forced into being this vanilla flavoured person and player which some buy into whilst others feel pressured to become and it is absolutely breaking the trust between groups, which translates onto the field.

This shit is being led by the board who know nothing about football and true leadership, but it all sounds good to them.

If they players were free to express how they truly felt and be vulnerable and be themselves without fear of retribution or punishment then absolutely wed be in a better place.

A winning mentality is one that is ruthless and unforgiving in it's pursuit of glory and vulnerable enough to admit early when things aren't working so they can learn and continually be better.

And we can't. It's hilarious isn't it
Probably paying Murphy, Jones and Milera 650k a year each.

Seems like something dumb that we would do, paying overs for mediocre players who never reach their potential
The salary floor means every club can be quite flexible. The difference in cap space between minimum and maximum is like 800k. So a deal of around 800k for a new player wouldn't be that hard to fit in.

How does Port bring in players on big wages every year (JHF, Rats, Luko etc) all on 800k - good players or not. Still have space for Perryman. All while competing top 4 every year.

Need money for Butters, Rozee etc.

Who exactly are we paying to hit the salary floor?

Maybe we are making a play at absorbing Olivers contract but I just don’t see it. Wishful thinking from this board after again missing out on a target despite the money and picks to use.

You genuinely think his best friend, whose bridal party he is in, who is the captain of the club - you think that played no factor? You think Rozee wasn't on the phone, selling the vision?

How naive.
I wonder where the line is for you mate. At what point do you stop deflecting accountability from the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back