Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:
But they were in August .....gee, you won't admit your too skinny call on Mac Andrew was wrong .....or Caleb Windsor being too outside call, also wrong

If you highlight 120 players in the Draft as being good players ....it's like taking the field in a race 🤣 ....I need you to start putting your b...s on the line and pick 1-2 for our picks ;)
A rankings order is the best way to do this

Choosing one player for our pick doesn’t make sense as what happens when that one player isn’t there at our pick ? Eg mac andrew

When did Nicks say he changed the game plan?
Is it a full moon? You can’t be serious we didn’t implement a defensive game plan?

Hell even over preseason Burns was on 5aa and said their had been a focus on defence over the summer.

Then when the players don’t play on from a mark or free but instead short kick their way up the field rather than take the game on in case they were scored on turnover, well then you can say we’ve changed our attacking gameplan to a defensive one to protect our defence.

And I know you won’t believe but I had a conversation with a Crows official after we beat North who admitted it when he said we couldn’t defend that gameplan. I pointed out that we had the 9th best defence and they needed to have more faith in our developing defence. He couldn’t rebut it.

When did Nicks say he changed the game plan?
Did you miss out 1st month of football?

Everyone, including the media were saying wtf was going on with our game plan after last season.

Nah, it's good to have someone who doesn't just follow the BigFooty party line.

Diverse points of view are good, I reckon.
Yeah, diverse views are great... unless complete stupidity.

FFS , so if this is what is regarded as hanging his players out to dry then we
might as well turn the lights off and shut the doors.
No player in their right mind would have sooked about this, & if they did, clear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And my article when he said the players were out of form? You asked for proof and was given it twice and your defence is they wouldn’t have been hurt by being blamed. Talk about changing the goalposts when your bullshit comment has been exposed.

Fess up and admit you ****ed up

FFS , so if this is what is regarded as hanging his players out to dry then we
might as well turn the lights off and shut the doors.
No player in their right mind would have sooked about this, & if they did, clear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If only Nicks took the same responsibility as he expected of the players...

Certainly hasn’t been able to get us to the heights of a grand final like he did with GWS in 2019 that’s for sure.
Well he did take us to a position on the ladder that the AFC has never been before, so there is that on his resume. But it is true you can't let one man take credit for that achievement.

Nah, it's good to have someone who doesn't just follow the BigFooty party line.

Diverse points of view are good, I reckon.

You are right, nothing wrong with it. But ask him to go to the Nicks thread. Have a read. Every point has been discussed not only at length, but with stats, detailed discussion from both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure going from the most attacking side to the second worst after 4 rounds is pretty conclusive something in our game plan changed.
To think otherwise is the ultimate in denial.

No ...I did say, I nominated the Players in AUG / SEPT ......if they drift up the draft boards in the two months after, that simply reinforces that I made good calls

I don't then revise those calls .....I also chose Oliver, two months out, when he was expected to go in the high teens
You might as well nominate Levi Ashcroft for us this year if it doesn’t matter if they’re available at our pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back