Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:
Well true, but Voss took the reigns from memory with no real experience at all, merely got the job because like Hird and Buckley he was a club legend. And you are right. I forgot about those examples. Ratten was a good coach at the blues and coached finals. He was sacked unfairly imo. Boys club scape goat was likely. Pyke is a successful coach and we wanted him to stay.

But I admit I did forget Voss and Ratten.
Ratten's situation was also a perfect storm for him. He went from being a solid coach, to universally regarded as being anywhere from 'unlucky' to 'hard done by' to 'completely screwed over' by Carlton, to Hawthorn ?senior assistant 3-peat coach.
If he didn't land at Hawthorn and have that success, he probably doesn't get another crack.

Not necessarily... Some blokes are just good assistants compared to head coaches. Look at Leppa.. bloke was a dud coach but a great assistant with a "just a bit" of success.
When Nicks is sacked, if Leppa wants to apply, I’d be open to him getting the gig too. As would other clubs

Not a groundbreaking rumour as it’s already been pretty much assumed but heard today that McHenry is now strongly pursuing more media opportunities in SA for next year onwards, he’s expecting his delisting to be formal soon, no other AFL interest, wants to stay in SA but not interested in playing SANFL. Another former Crow in the media with connections is pushing his case in the local media landscape apparently.

As a footballer, Ned makes a fantastic fishing show host.

Wish the lad all the best, seems like a ripping young man.

C2C, this is really difficult to say. We've really appreciated your work here, we just think it's time to make a change and bring in some fresh ideas.

I really didn't want to you to find out like this. We wish you the best, please leave your pass at reception on the way out.
Dont worry I will be gone once the trade period is over.... Your work isn't exactly breathtaking

When Nicks is sacked, if Leppa wants to apply, I’d be open to him getting the gig too. As would other clubs
Not a fan personally.

Not convinced he is senior coach material, rather a handy assistant.

And my article when he said the players were out of form? You asked for proof and was given it twice and your defence is they wouldn’t have been hurt by being blamed. Talk about changing the goalposts when your bullshit comment has been exposed.

Fess up and admit you ****ed up
Do you take your anry pills at night or for breakfast?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, get him the good stuff... Hill of Grace.
Without derailing this thread, a mate and I used to drink that in the late 70s when it was around $17 a bottle. Went to buy one when I got hitched in 2005 and he was my best man and I knew I was in trouble when the guy went to the Grange area. Then it was $680. Bought a cheaper one at $150.

FFS... anyone who is a half decent judge of football knows we clearly changed the game plan.

Don't treat us like fools.
Maybe Rahilly held the keys to the cupboard and the others didn't know or understand the forward transition game so they made up something else... idk all I know is it was shit

Not a groundbreaking rumour as it’s already been pretty much assumed but heard today that McHenry is now strongly pursuing more media opportunities in SA for next year onwards, he’s expecting his delisting to be formal soon, no other AFL interest, wants to stay in SA but not interested in playing SANFL. Another former Crow in the media with connections is pushing his case in the local media landscape apparently.
I haven't bothered to watch his fishing show. Is he any good? Charismatic etc?

It would be nice if he can do a Tony Armstrong and turn a mediocre AFL career into a TV career.

I remember hearing him say something about crying, either on debut or at his first training session. It was the realisation he’d achieved his dream.

Seems like a genuinely nice bloke and I’m disappointed for him and the club that he’s not going to make it.

Confused Doctor Who GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back