Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Last edited:
Before the usual suspects start wetting the bed, maybe inform yourself on who is Murray Davis

Coached Lions backline for a decade, switch to forward line middle of last year, highly rated by Fages who acknowledges Davis’s role in changing Lions more aggressive mindset

91346997e8fa779a80e0fa3b450c2299.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s the coaching director, a step above our coach. Take off your clappers, you can’t seriously say that you’re not underwhelmed with appointing a coaching director to oversee our coaches who hasn’t coached an AFL team.

If that’s not a slap in the face to Nicks I don’t know what is.

Now if they’ve got it wrong in the tweet and he’s a senior assistant that’s at least acceptable, it’s just a slap in the face to Burns.
I’m happy for Nicks and Burns to be slapped in perpetuity

Some quotes from Lions supporters on Davis:
Long-time assistant, was backline coach for years and more recently coached the forwards.

Harris Andrews really rates him from memory.

Was a real whipping boy as a backline coach due to those years seeing us have the top attack and middling defence. Moved to the forwardline role last year and instantly our forwards became so much more engaged defensively which helped the team defence as a whole. Now is liked here, will be sad to see him go but such is life.

Feel free to go through the link.

He has worked across our defense and forwards, been a pretty good and supporting coach for Fagan overall. He understands our system very well and will be a great addition to your ranks.

Before the usual suspects start wetting the bed, maybe inform yourself on who is Murray Davis

Coached Lions backline for a decade, switch to forward line middle of last year, highly rated by Fages who acknowledges Davis’s role in changing Lions more aggressive mindset

91346997e8fa779a80e0fa3b450c2299.jpg

No David Murrays 👍🏼

Is it?

We've missed on countless targets over the past 3 years.
Is our target aiming wrong?
Have we missed out on more targets than other clubs ?

As much as we want Peatling and I’m happy to offer him the best deal of the lot there is a point where you need to walk away or you’ll miss out on a player due to cap issues

If he’s staying at giants for less money than 4 other clubs then it’s not the offer that’s the issue

I know for a fact we are trying to help him off field with one of his passions so I think we have put a pretty good case together for him and hence we are one of favs IF he leaves giants

Have we missed out on more targets than other clubs ?

As much as we want Peatling and I’m happy to offer him the best deal of the lot there is a point where you need to walk away or you’ll miss out on a player due to cap issues

If he’s staying at giants for less money than 4 other clubs then it’s not the offer that’s the issue

I know for a fact we are trying to help him off field with one of his passions so I think we have put a pretty good case together for him and hence we are one of favs IF he leaves giants
Ned's taking him fishing ??

Premiership forward line coach is a turd?

Wow

This board love reacting without all the information

A guy that 24 hours ago was a complete unknown, but has suddenly gone from complete zero to hero in some people's eyes the moment he's announced that he's coming to the club.

Same thing happened last year when people were hyping up Chris Burgess' arrival.

As I said I can't even feign excitement anymore with mediocre announcements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy that 24 hours ago was a complete unknown, but has suddenly gone from complete zero to hero in some people's eyes the moment he's announced that he's coming to the club.

Same thing happened last year when people were hyping up Chris Burgess' arrival.
He's coming from a bit of a higher base than Chris Burgess don't you think ??

Anyone who hyped up Burgess was a clown. Was no good before he even signed at Gold Coast, I was stunned when he got 4 years

Article anyone?

Haven't heard of him before, no idea if this is a good appointment or not. At least he has come from a successful club which is a good thing. Happy to give him the benefit of doubt for now.
I am underwhelmed but happy to sit back and see what happens

Not sure his career path lends itself to it but he has an opportunity to

omg we are giving him training wheels arent we.
I don’t think he is coming in as Coaching Director

It literally says so in the tweet

I wouldn’t know 90% of the coaches in this league. Most people would barely be able to name all the senior coaches, let alone assistants. There’s plenty of articles and good content from Lions supporters on their board to suggest we have hired someone with very good credentials, what more do you want?

The Hawks took a punt on a no name Chris Fagan all those years ago, how did that turn out? There’s plenty of good people in this industry beyond the names the media just recycles.

I wouldn’t know 90% of the coaches in this league. Most people would barely be able to name all the senior coaches, let alone assistants. There’s plenty of articles and good content from Lions supporters on their board to suggest we have hired someone with very good credentials, what more do you want?

A coaching director?

Anyone else seen the Keays video on X today?

Worst thing I may have ever seen but creates a bit of a rumour none the less. I’ll find it in a second no idea who he is meeting with in it.
I saw a TikTok that I think is the same video that alleges he's telling his manager he's happy if the Bulldogs are interested

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back