Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 5
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
Jack Ginnivan being a very recent case in point.

The change in Collingwood fans attitudes towards him was quite funny.
You think some supporters didn’t think he was a mouthy little turd when he played for them? But if he’s playing decent footy you tolerate it doesn’t change your opinion of the person.

Let’s take the player that started all this, Draper. I reckon he’s a w***er. If he played for us he’d still be a w***er but I’d want him to play well as it helps the team. But that wasn’t Mostyns point.

Another example, Warner. I reckon he’s a **** and so do a lot of Aussie cricket followers, but of course we want him to play well as it helps us win.

You think some supporters didn’t think he was a mouthy little turd when he played for them? But if he’s playing decent footy you tolerate it doesn’t change your opinion of the person.

Let’s take the player that started all this, Draper. I reckon he’s a w***er. If he played for us he’d still be a w***er but I’d want him to play well as it helps the team. But that wasn’t Mostyns point.

Another example, Warner. I reckon he’s a **** and so do a lot of Aussie cricket followers, but of course we want him to play well as it helps us win.

Biggest flog in Australian Sport history

You are in every thread chasing people around trying to get them to admit they are wrong about anything and everything. It was cute at first and then you realise how often you do it and it just becomes weird.

Here you are trying to get a 'gotcha' moment because someone lightheartedly dares to suggest they would change their opinion of someone based on who they play for....something human beings have done forever. It's in our instinct. Yet you want to try and be the cleverest person in the room constantly. And not even that, you chase and personally berate people.

Why can't you ever just let someone state a view unmolested?
That pretty much sums it up. Not sure about trying to be the cleverest in the room more the Trump mantra of “say it enough times to try and get people to believe you”

Putting some on ignore really enhances the BF experience IMO. It’s been an exciting time post-season for our club after a crappy few years. Surely allowing default happy posters to enjoy these “wins” in the last couple of weeks and not keep dragging down the overall mood isn’t too much to ask

I have been reading on their boards, that both Clubs are contemplating splits, especially so North who are keen on a defender.

The only issue is that it potentially opens the door for Port, but Im not sure they will have enough quality picks to trade to get Pick 2 or 3.
Article did say Kangas would need another top 10 pick AND something else. Power don’t even have a top 10 pick and even if getting Blues 13 for Houston probably won’t satisfy Kangas who then possibly miss their first target (KPP)

Either way, with Smith, FOS, Lalor and Draper it seems we are just within the can’t miss section that we will be happy with any of these guys and can’t see us trading up to 2 or 3 as giving uo far too much to get this done most likely

I liked the photos of the lads on holidays. They do seem a tight group. I realize that every club has these happy snaps of their chaps enjoying the post-season, but I would like to think that our lads are forging a solid group ethic thing, the sort of thing that keeps them tight as they develop into a super group of players who know their positions, the ways each other plays, making the team stronger than the sum of the individuals. Just dreaming I guess, but you gotta have faith.

It’s been an exciting time post-season for our club after a crappy few years. Surely allowing default happy posters to enjoy these “wins” in the last couple of weeks and not keep dragging down the overall mood isn’t too much to ask
No issue with that, but that’s how people are being told to post during the season when it’s not sunshine and rainbows.

Article did say Kangas would need another top 10 pick AND something else. Power don’t even have a top 10 pick and even if getting Blues 13 for Houston probably won’t satisfy Kangas who then possibly miss their first target (KPP)

Either way, with Smith, FOS, Lalor and Draper it seems we are just within the can’t miss section that we will be happy with any of these guys and can’t see us trading up to 2 or 3 as giving uo far too much to get this done most likely
If St Kilda come into the picture for Houston, then something like their pick 8 + f2 for houston could fly. Port then offer their f1 + st kilda f2 to GC for their pick 13. Picks 8 & 13 for pick 3 and there is draper for them

I liked the photos of the lads on holidays. They do seem a tight group. I realize that every club has these happy snaps of their chaps enjoying the post-season, but I would like to think that our lads are forging a solid group ethic thing, the sort of thing that keeps them tight as they develop into a super group of players who know their positions, the ways each other plays, making the team stronger than the sum of the individuals. Just dreaming I guess, but you gotta have faith.
The sooner we hand over the keys of the club and it's culture to the young core group we have, the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting about Eagles and Kangaroos looking to both split their first round picks. Makes sense for them both to do that.

If that does happen, it increases the likelihood that Draper will be available for us at pick 4 as it removes the Eagles who have interest.
It also increases the chance that draper is taken by port before us if they get norths pick 2

The sooner we hand over the keys of the club and it's culture to the young core group we have, the better.
I actually think Dawson, ROB and Keays are a prettty solid top group of leaders.

It was the extended leadership group with Murph and Milera especially that failed. But Fog and Hinge after poorish starts both came good for most of the year.

Who’s up next from both an impactful and leadership perspective?

Crouch's role isn't a real role in a contending midfield. He wins plenty of the ball, as does our midfield generally, but we routinely get beaten for impact. Crouch is a key driver in why oppo midfields run through us so often.
We know this to be false though as he was part of a midfield group that made it to the grand final and was our B&F for the season.

Imo, post 2017 it seemed like Crouch tried to become more of an outside player who would collect those 'cheap' touches. The issue being is he often took speed off the game and isn't known for his damage by foot.

Coming back to when he came back into the side in 2023 and again this season, he's focused more on his contested game and feeding it to those around him to let them do the damage. This has resulted in career high contested possession % numbers, center clearances, clearances, disposal efficiency and lowest kick to handball percentages.

People are quick to moan about Crouch having low meters gained stats but honestly, do we want Crouch to be racking up meters gained at the expense of those around him?

And yeah, I'm sure we'd love the full package that can win it and damage by foot but they've proven difficult to come by. I think if Crouch can continue on the same path as his 2023/2024 seasons, he's still got a bit to offer the team.

If St Kilda come into the picture for Houston, then something like their pick 8 + f2 for houston could fly. Port then offer their f1 + st kilda f2 to GC for their pick 13. Picks 8 & 13 for pick 3 and there is draper for them
Yes true. Even pick 8 and Powers F1 would likely get it done as gives Kangas that other top 10 pick

Thankfully Saints have pulled out of the race for Houston, if you were him surely Blues and Pies (both in terms of being massive clubs with huge crowds playing regularly at The G, along with their contending phase in the premiership window craps all over the 2 duds of the competition- Kangas and Saints

I actually think Dawson, ROB and Keays are a prettty solid top group of leaders.

It was the extended leadership group with Murph and Milera especially that failed. But Fog and Hinge after poorish starts both came good for most of the year.

Who’s up next from both an impactful and leadership perspective?
Soligo, Max, Thilthorpe and Worrell hopefully.

That is a massive price for one player. Houston + F1! If Port's original price for Houston was 2 firsts then this total package becomes the equivalent of three firsts! You'd want to be sure he was worth it.
Having said that, those dang shifty Port dudes are just as likely to do it!

You’d think if st kilda were wanting to over pay they’d go 8 and F1 not 7&8

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back