Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumor summary September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumor summary October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumor summary October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 7
  • No new rumors, although Justin Reid confirmed we'll use pick 28 on Neal-Bullen

Last edited:

It's very mild overs. A late pick back for points would be better from our end.

It probably gets you the 32nd best player in the draft.

We can be confident we'll get maybe 70 good games from ANB. There's a chance that we get something a lot better from that pick, but it's more likely that we don't
Didn’t you state you previously you hated this suggestion and now it’s mildly overs 🤣🤣🤣

I'm all for replacing Murphy with ANB and feel this is a win.

But let's not get carried away with him being a difference maker.
Certainly not doing that.
Just pointing out the actual reason for his goal tally being what it was . Didn’t play pressure forward all year.
I’m on record as saying it should have been negotiated to. 3 Rd as Melbourne were talking up the benevolence factor.

What does Burgess offer our list in any way? If we paid him out it would give us the flexibility to trade back in if someone we love slides, and at worst we could take Jack Michalaney as a rookie. There is definitely several players on our list that won’t ever be AFL standard footballers, and when your primary list is only 38 players that’s a big handicap to endure.
Just forget the Jack Michalaney thing. If the Crows want a later/rookie pick they should be looking at Charlie West or Charlie Nicholls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just forget the Jack Michalaney thing. If the Crows want a later/rookie pick they should be looking at Charlie West or Charlie Nicholls.
We don't have any rookie list positions available. We won't be making any "live" picks in the RD. We will have 2 picks in the RD, both of which will be used to re-draft current contracted senior list players as part of the "moving to the rookie list" process.

I personally am really happy that we are bringing in ANB for those very reasons, however smallish forwards is an area that we have spent, 2 top 10 picks on (Rachelle and Pedlar), given up pick 5 (Rankine) and just had one crowned club champion (Keays). It just isn’t an area that we need to give up such a valuable pick on.

It feels like we have all the leverage in this situation, but we gave that up weeks ago because we wanted to play nice with the other kids.
I think we forget that players like ANB and Peatling choose us trusting we can close the deal.

If Melbourne were being unreasonable, then I think we have grounds to push back.

But it feels like 28 is only slightly too high, and we can find a reasonable path from there.

If we're not going to use a mid to late second round pick on a quality genuine small forward, I hope we're targeting one in a trade next season.

I like ANB in the short term, but we also need to be thinking about getting a quality young small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back