Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumor summary September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumor summary October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumor summary October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 7
  • No new rumors, although Justin Reid confirmed we'll use pick 28 on Neal-Bullen

Last edited:

👍 I don’t show any interest in draft # etc why I asked poster that are better qualified
I show plenty of interest - just have no idea on the young guys coming through until after the fact!

I do know that we only have 2 live spots to fill in the draft - 1 is Pick #4 - 2 is for Welsh.

As long as Peatling gets done for Future 2nd, I think this is a pretty fair deal for us.

Welcome ANB, may you give us many Murphy-less games in the coming years

Now I’m just hoping GWS doesn’t play hardball on Peatling

Geelong get away with it, 'Sorry, we no longer have pick 28'.

He is out of contract and has nominated a club. I think it will be alright.

Overpaid slightly, but not by enough to get upset about. Happy to get it done quickly and painlessly.
Yeah nothing worse than a shit fight haggling over late picks and then you miss out on other juicy offers.

Also it's good to have a reputation of being fair at the trade table. Essendon are in the place they are because their list boss is a dick head who overvalued every player they have and undervalues every opposition player.

The only club we've had issues trading with in the past is Sydney due to the Tippett fiasco and then the Dawson trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we're still having a crack at pick 12/13
With what assets though? Second rounder gone along with next years. We'd basically have to give up our future first which might be an issue if we don't have our future second and I'm guessing they'd be doing this to get points for this draft.

Be nice to have but hard to see it done - then adding the fact we don't have any list positions unless we skipped on Welsh or someone else moved on.

Which new teammates are you looking forward to playing alongside?

"Keaysy (Ben Keays) and Murph (Lachlan Murphy), two forward flankers, love that."

Great person and professional who will no doubt lift the culture and standards at the club. You know what you're gonna get with him - I think he'll prove a solid pickup.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the Leadership Group next season.

pffft.. Hard to break into that Group with the likes of Lachlan Murphy being there.

What other experienced players would you like to see dropped? Smith and Murphy likely gone as you say above, we have bugger all experienced (100+ games) left and perhaps the only other “obvious” name is Laird but interested in who all these experienced players are now holding back our many youngsters
Obviously didn't read my post correctly as I was referring to bringing 3 experienced players would help kids and I am saying they are pushing a couple tp SANFl doesn't help development and with Murphy being the only logical current experienced player likely to be dropped.

Which new teammates are you looking forward to playing alongside?

"Keaysy (Ben Keays) and Murph (Lachlan Murphy), two forward flankers, love that."
Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back