Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumor summary September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumor summary October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumor summary October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 7
  • No new rumors, although Justin Reid confirmed we'll use pick 28 on Neal-Bullen

Last edited:
See media reports Henry Smith from Brisbane may be looking around. I assume would be pretty cheap - Brisbane in desperate need of points

Maybe we do try and trade someone out?
How about Pick 28 for Henry Smit-

Damn!

How many times has Smith towelled up Grundy?

That is what Premiership ruckman and cult hero Darcy Fort did
I got news for you, Oscar's not going anywhere, and in case you haven't noticed Daniher wasn't played as a lead ruck he was a KPF that chopped out in ruck.

While Oscar's there and fit neither Fort are Smith are taking his role, it's Daniher's role they'll need to replace, KPF that chops out in ruck, Smith is yet to turn 22, Darcy Fort is 31 currently (contracted 2025) and has played the royal sum of 36 AFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got news for you, Oscar's not going anywhere, and in case you haven't noticed Daniher wasn't played as a lead ruck he was a KPF that chopped out in ruck.

While Oscar's there and fit neither Fort are Smith are taking his role, it's Daniher's role they'll need to replace, KPF that chops out in ruck, Smith is yet to turn 22, Darcy Fort is 31 currently (contracted 2025) and has played the royal sum of 36 AFL games.
He will line up at FF round 1, they are not giving that role to a 4 game kid who hasn't kicked a goal in his career.

Most ridiculous argument and thought process I have read on this board...and we have Wayne

People wanting some change back in the trade for ANB are forgetting that we don't have the list spots available to take extra picks to the draft this year. As Vader has clearly and repeatedly explained. With the list being so full, any moves we make would have to be on draft night.
Fair point I probably hadn’t considered. Then I would argue we should have done 28 and 63(ish whatever that one is we have) for ANB and 48. Add some extra points that way.

Prying smith out if its possible ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why on earth would Brisbane do that they extended him mid 2023 when he was still in ciontract.

Is he a lead ruck in the AFL, possibly in time but to date he's mostly played forward and chopped out in ruck in the VFL, and that's the role he's played in his 4 AFL games this year, subbed off in two of those games. Fagan had more than inkling that Daniher was going to hang up the boots after this year's GF given Joe told him after last year's GF he was retiring if they won.

Unless they bring in a proven KPF this trade period surely Smith is favourite on their list to have 1st crack at Daniher's spot?

You assume wrong, he'll be 1st cab off the rank for Daniher's spot unless they can bring in a KPF that chops out in ruck.

Why after drafting him as tall skinny kid that would have got blown over by a strong gust of wind and putting 4 years of development/size/strength and patience into him would they let a contracted player (2026) like him go pretty cheap. No chance he goes cheap.

You do realise they gave him an AFL teaser this year also?
Are there media reports? I'd be curious to see those.

He will line up at FF round 1, they are not giving that role to a 4 game kid who hasn't kicked a goal in his career.

Most ridiculous argument and thought process I have read on this board...and we have Wayne
Kicked plenty in the VFL even when he was an 84kg skinny beanpole not the 98kg monster he is now.

Are there media reports? I'd be curious to see those.
You tell me?

I haven't seen them?

My initial comment was re picking Henry Smith up pretty cheap, a long term prospect they've already extended until 2026, knowing the time they've put into him when he was drafted as a 202cm beanpole that weighed 82kg wringing wet.

Chris Burgess won the VFL goal kicking twice, should Brisbane ask us for a trade for him?
Look I'm not interested in going any further with you on this....you can revisit it with me next season if you want,until then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back