Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumor summary September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumor summary October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumor summary October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 7
  • No new rumors, although Justin Reid confirmed we'll use pick 28 on Neal-Bullen

Last edited:
Fair point I probably hadn’t considered. Then I would argue we should have done 28 and 63(ish whatever that one is we have) for ANB and 48. Add some extra points that way.
the points dont matter you're worried about nothing

better to just get the trade done and focus on the rest

Missed your post injecting yourself into the discussion and calling me an attention seeker?

So you’re moving on from your opening bullshit claim?

Did you read all of my reply to Jenny?

I pick up on the overtly positive posters who criticise those of us that are critical about the club and who also have cracks at me. Have a read of my response to Mostyn just now and yet when I give it to him I’m the bad guy?

There are plenty of opinions on here I don’t respond to even if I disagree with them and that far outweighs my posts against those posters who I consider hypocritical sheep who try and shut down those of us critical of the club.

Not found

Burgess and Smith are the obvious ones to me
Burgess, Strachan, Smith would be my order... & bonus if anyone else takes them off our hands.

Would still consider paying 2 out.

Throw Schoenberg in there too.

Been demoted significantly in our MID / HF pecking order with our 3 recent arrivals
Nah, Schoenberg is still capable of AFL football imo, but may be one looking for a trade given our 3 ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bond is Back pocket perfect. He can definitely have a role in that backline.
Worrell can play big and small, the others should be half back/wing rotation.
Laird can play sanfl 😁
I'm looking forward to Bigman reporting that Max is training with our midfield this summer.. wishful thinking maybe.
Prefer we leave Max in defence as a gun defender.

We have better midfield options imo.

Nah, Schoenberg is still capable of AFL football imo, but may be one looking for a trade given our 3 ins.
Yeh I would like Burgess and Strachan paid out and gone. Or place on the inactive list so they can play sanfl but not afl.

Then schoey and smith can get delisted and re-rookied.

That leaves us with two extra picks.
1. mature ruck
2. development ruck

His running times are nuts. Is he any good at footy?
Yeah not too bad, outside player though, as you know he has great endurance.

If he'd taken up athletics he was a world class steeplechaser as a junior and an Olympic candidate.

Yeh I would like Burgess and Strachan paid out and gone. Or place on the inactive list so they can play sanfl but not afl.

Then schoey and smith can get delisted and re-rookied.

That leaves us with two extra picks.
1. mature ruck
2. development ruck
Two problems with this...

We can't put players on the Inactive List until after the drafts, so it wouldn't give us 2 extra picks. We can only replace Inactive players via the PSSP or MSD.

Secondly, we can't put fit players on the Inactive List anyway. It's reserved for players who have retired or suffered season-ending injury or illness.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two problems with this...

We can't put players on the Inactive List until after the drafts, so it wouldn't give us 2 extra picks. We can only replace Inactive players via the PSSP or MSD.

Secondly, we can't put fit players on the Inactive List anyway. It's reserved for players who have retired or suffered season-ending injury or illness.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ok point 1 taken thats a shame.

On point 2, ever seen the Stallone movie Escape to Victory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back