Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • No new rumors

Last edited:
Speaking of radio, Trade Radio is taking the absolute piss out of us with the amount of ads they run. Seems to be getting worse. How on earth do they get away with that?
The reason AFL Trade Period goes for so long is so the AFL can make money off the ads - from radio, video, website, and print media. Many of the deals get done early on but the announcements get 'held back' to extend the coverage period.

Trade period could (should) be a 3-day event and the exact same number of deals would be done.

I believe you, but his ban should be lifted. A life ban is ridiculous.

And people who reflexively report posts are equally ridiculous. HTFU.
I agree. I’ve only ever reported a handful of posts and I’ve been here since 2006!

We can't take more picks into the ND than we have vacancies, and we can't trade for more picks once the ND has started.

What we can do is trade 46 + F3 for something in the 30s, if required - as long as we end up with the same number of picks in the 2024 ND.
Couldn’t we delist Smith thereby having enough picks and then put him back on…or just not pick him

My original post was suggesting the amount being paid for ANB was high considering his averages and goals kicked isn't really that much better than Murphy.

You suggested that Murphy wasn't a valid comparison, which I disagreed with because Murphy should be the exact person he replaces and that their career averages are fairly similar. So the comparison seems very valid.

I think that in the best 22 ABN should replace Murphy, but I'm not as sure that the role is duplicated, except they both play half forward flank. ABN is clearly able to do a lot more, and as you point out at least kick as many goals as Murphy.

I don't even think there's is any guarantee they will move Murphy out of the team.

Couldn’t we delist Smith thereby having enough picks and then put him back on…or just not pick him
It's entirely possible that he'll be one of the contracted players we delist and re-draft in the RD.

As for not picking him, we then have to include his 2025 salary in our 2024 cap. That may, or may not, be possible.

The reason AFL Trade Period goes for so long is so the AFL can make money off the ads - from radio, video, website, and print media. Many of the deals get done early on but the announcements get 'held back' to extend the coverage period.

Trade period could (should) be a 3-day event and the exact same number of deals would be done.
Somebody posted that each club gets 15 minutes with each other club during the day, so there really isn't a lot of time each day to discuss what they need to get through with each other.

15 minutes x 17 other clubs = just over 4 hours of meetings, plus if we have 15 minutes of prep time before each meeting, that's an 8.5 hour day.

No doubt they work in the evenings too this week, but it sounds like hard work (compared to watching footy all year).

Normally if you delist a contracted player, you have to pay out his contract. If we re-draft him he would get another contract on top of that pay out.
He doesn't get a new contract on top of the pay out. The AFLPA CBA refers to this as "Unjust Enrichment", and it's banned. If a contracted player is re-drafted to the same club they simply resume their previous contract.

If a contracted player is delisted...
  • If they are not "picked up" then their contract is paid out in full, and the pay out needs to be included in the club's current year salary cap.
  • If they are "picked up" by another club then the original club has to pay any difference between his original contract and his contract at the new club (assuming the new contract is lower than the original).
  • If they are "picked up" by the same club then they just resume their original contract.

You could but you couldn't have it ending any sooner than it does now as the GF teams need time. So you can reduce it to three days but this week would be like last week with speculation so it doesn't really help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still on zero. Although Samcro24 is skating on really thin ice with that ridiculous profile picture.
If anyone should have had him banned it would have been me when we were going thru the Alex stage, we both served a couple of suspensions, He actually reach out thru a pm, he picked up on a thread of mine that things weren’t so good, he was hesitant at first but I respect him for that and had a few chats

If anyone should have had him banned it would have been me when we were going thru the Alex stage, we both served a couple of suspensions, He actually reach out thru a pm, he picked up on a thread of mine that things weren’t so good, he was hesitant at first but I respect him for that and had a few chats

Reporting posts is so unbecoming. It’s not the way grown men should act.

Of course I accept there’s rare exceptions for threats etc.

And Glenelg supporters.

And now we have to put up with Alex and his five other aliases….i miss Cromo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back