Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)

Last edited:
So the Peatling trade are we simply asking GWS to swap F2 and F3 with them as the deal to get Peatling where by we don't actually lose any picks we simply push them back.

With the assumption that GWS finish above us?

Like what if they don't (unlikely) and we end up with better picks and a player? That would be like 4D chess level trading

So the Peatling trade are we simply asking GWS to swap F2 and F3 with them as the deal to get Peatling where by we don't actually lose any picks we simply push them back.

With the assumption that GWS finish above us?

Like what if they don't (unlikely) and we end up with better picks and a player? That would be like 4D chess level trading
That sounds like a good deal for us, possibly for GWS as they don't care about picks like we do.

Strange to see people wishing for David Noble back. I remember him not being very popular around these parts. Maybe I’m misremembering.
My recollection is that Noble was regarded as one of the few competent AFC operators. He was terrible as senior coach at Norf, a role to which she should never have applied, but as an administrator he is excellent.

I was really just comparing Roweys show with SENs drive time product (from the biggest footy market in Australia)
which I personally find neither informative nor funny.
But each to their own... you lost me at Derwayne too by the way. That show is a train wreck & never news-worthy...unless you're in Werribee...and in the market for a KIA!
Wrong SEN

SEN SA on the app . Although it’s Dylan and the Ferret it’s all SA content and Crows/Pear interviews.
Had Butters as weekly spot last year who went awol a few times now Bergman
and Laird last 3 years.
Laird did his spot yesterday and actually sounded happy and positive.
Maybe had some feedback

I was really just comparing Roweys show with SENs drive time product (from the biggest footy market in Australia)
which I personally find neither informative nor funny.
But each to their own... you lost me at Derwayne too by the way. That show is a train wreck & never news-worthy...unless you're in Werribee...and in the market for a KIA!
I think I may prefer Kymbo and the Rooch over Rowey and Timmy G.

Rowey and Timmy just seems so vaudeville.

My recollection is that Noble was regarded as one of the few competent AFC operators. He was terrible as senior coach at Norf, a role to which she should never have applied, but as an administrator he is excellent.
My recollection is that the perception of Noble as a negotiator was a bit soft.

So it’s clear we’ve offered him a gig here.

Nice retirement fund for past leaders.
In the paper this morning it sounded like he was more interested in an "AFL Engagement" type role with the league about getting youngsters interested in footy which tied back in to him being part owner of AFL Max and those smiley face footies that teach kids to kick.

We would need to delist 2 players (really 3) to use those picks.

I vote Burgess, Strachan and Smith.

We're trying to play finals and depth is important, you've probably noticed that we've made the minimum amount of delistings that we could. With EH gone, there is absolutely no way that we would delist both Burgess and Strachan and rely on 2 preseason Toby Murray to carry the ruck all year if ROB was to go down early. Smith is a given, but I think our next best bet would be convincing a contracted player that their future lies elsewhere. Pay their remaining contract and get whatever we can for them and then hope to upgrade 2 picks into 1. Berry, Jones or Murphy would be top of my list if we couldn't bring ourselves to delist one of the talls mentioned.

God forbid that the AFL invests in the development of young players outside of Victoria!

If they are serious, they should be throwing resources at immediately pre a nd post draftvyear kids in SA, WA, Tasmania and NT (as well as Vic). The NSW and Qld academies can (and do) look after those states already.

For a "traditional football state", we aren't churning out a heap of draftees these days.

I think they're happy to but they need control over how the funding is spent. If SANFL won't come to the table, can't blame AFL for not funding them.

Strange to see people wishing for David Noble back. I remember him not being very popular around these parts. Maybe I’m misremembering.
I'd much rather Noble than the two turds we've had as head of football since he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny Daly didn't let it go unmentioned how important David Noble was in setting Brisbane on the path to success...haters gonna hate unfortunately.

I remember that too, but I think most ppl think we were wrong, and now think he did ok with us, and well at Brisbane. He failed as a coach, but that’s not disqualifying for a footy manager position (and the experience probably gives him some insight he wouldn’t otherwise have).

I think his trading wasn’t highly regarded while he was here, but it felt like he was covering a lot of different roles at the time.

Outside of that I think his influence was positive, and he certainly helped turn Brisbane around while he was there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back