Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)

Last edited:
If it were true id say someone is either being traded or delisted

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Imagine this is true and they delist Murphy.

oprah-pray-oprah-praying.gif

If Smith dropped down to us there could be a lot of clubs offering a future first and 2024 first to get that pick, including Richmond, Essendon, possibly St Kilda with 2 x picks this year?
I wonder, with the talent order being so contentious, if we’ll see a huge amount of pick trading on draft night as selections gradually come in.

How are Richmond not taking this and running? He’s a HBFer and has never been near the AA squad. Houston is worth two first rounders if Richmond think Rioli is worth this; it’s even worse that the Suns are just giving up high picks so easily in yet another off season.

The Suns love getting bent over at trade time.

Except when dealing with us.

I wonder, with the talent order being so contentious, if we’ll see a huge amount of pick trading on draft night as selections gradually come in.
Likely a lot of pick swopping still to come, no doubt on the night too. I think we shouldn't be too smart, if Draper is there we should grab him.

That Tasmania inclusion is going to hurt which ever clubs are at our end of the ladder when that time comes, thats for sure.
Geelong might finally hit the cliff they've been thwarting for about a decade.

Tuohy, Rohan and Hawkins this year. With Danger, Duncan, Atkins, Bews, Blicavs, Cameron, Guthrie, Stanley, and Stewart all should be done or there abouts by the Tassie entry.

TBH 2025 could even be the year it starts to unravel. Still a lot of old bodies carrying a large amount of the weight in that line-up.

The Suns love getting bent over at trade time.

Except when dealing with us.
Gotta trade with them in a year they got a lot of academy picks. That's when they don't give a stuff about the draft.

Richmond have nothing to lose holding out for more. As long as the Suns have the points to nab Lombard then they'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong might finally hit the cliff they've been thwarting for about a decade.

Tuohy, Rohan and Hawkins this year. With Danger, Duncan, Atkins, Bews, Blicavs, Cameron, Guthrie, Stanley, and Stewart all should be done or there abouts by the Tassie entry.

TBH 2025 could even be the year it starts to unravel. Still a lot of old bodies carrying a large amount of the weight in that line-up.
Wishful thinking ... they will continue to get the highest end talent moving down there for unders.

Bond is Back pocket perfect. He can definitely have a role in that backline.
Worrell can play big and small, the others should be half back/wing rotation.
Laird can play sanfl 😁
I'm looking forward to Bigman reporting that Max is training with our midfield this summer.. wishful thinking maybe.

You can push push Cumming and Hinge to wing/half back rotation but that just pushes the crush of options further up the field. Eventually you'll end up having to find a spot in a forward line alongside Tex, TT, Fog, Rachele, ANB, Keays, Peatling, Pedlar and rotating mids. If I had to bet at evens, and assuming a fully fit list, my money would be on Bond missing out in round 1.

How are Richmond not taking this and running? He’s a HBFer and has never been near the AA squad. Houston is worth two first rounders if Richmond think Rioli is worth this; it’s even worse that the Suns are just giving up high picks so easily in yet another off season.

Clearly Hardwick is sabotaging GC from within. His job is to rid the AFL of a team so that we keep it to 18 teams!

Probably because we weren't looking at them for the same role.

Balme/Wright would have been hired for a position above Nicks. Davis was hired for a position either below Nicks, or off to the side and slightly below Nicks, essentially a glorified Senior Assistant.

My reading (and I could be wrong) is that they were looking at getting Wright AND Davis, not Wright OR Davis. Unfortunately, we missed out on getting Wright, probably because nobody wants to live or work in Adelaide (the city).
Well, not nobody. Davis and Peatling have no ties here…

But how long will Davis stay if his partner is staying in Brisbane, after all the family pull was what saw Rahilly head home in the end.
Brisbane but Davis in a safe house (ie. us) for 2-3 years to develop in a new senior role then bring him back when Danny Daly steps down or is poached by another club. Smart work by the Lions - just like Geelong with Rahilly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back