Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Last edited:

“We couldn’t ask for future first as they needed it for Henderson”
Ooft. I know Gibbs was bad, but for club killing impact Dangerfield trade is worse.

That 2016 Geelong first pick ended up being Jarrod Berry (Lions).
Players taken immediately after include English, SPP, Cumming and Hayward.

So are we still looking for someone to fill the role, or has Davis filled it?
Re-read my post.

They are 2 different roles we are looking to fill.

1 to boost coaching - Davis

1.to boost football department- still looking.

Re-read my post.

They are 2 different roles we are looking to fill.

1 to boost coaching - Davis

1.to boost football department- still looking.
That last role I don’t believe is happening, pretty sure Olsen said something like “we were looking to boost the footy department which we have with Davis. When someone of Wrights calibre becomes available you try to get him in”

So no Wright, no role.

Like butter was an opinion at the time!
One thing Noble can do is conduct reviews, didn't he fire Sanderson and Ratten (St Kilda) after a couple of reviews? I'm sure some of the Nicks critics would love a Noble review on our club (again).

Apparently he's real hard nosed, rubbed JHF up the wrong way (speaking of butter).

That last role I don’t believe is happening, pretty sure Olsen said something like “we were looking to boost the footy department which we have with Davis. When someone of Wrights calibre becomes available you try to get him in”

So no Wright, no role.
In a way I'd rather that than going cheap and finding another Kelly.

But it's clear we need more, and it seems like only Tim Silvers is looking for it.

Ooft. I know Gibbs was bad, but for club killing impact Dangerfield trade is worse.

That 2016 Geelong first pick ended up being Jarrod Berry (Lions).
Players taken immediately after include English, SPP, Cumming and Hayward.
Like one Saturday in 2017 I’ve blocked that trade from my memory we got the champion Gore and what else for Danger?

Is this suggesting that Richmond are taking Langford at pick 1 or a
Our own draft Board rating at Adelaide.

So if Richmond take Lalor North FOS and West Coast Draper..... That leaves Langford at 4 for us to take? Which I believe Hamish would be pretty happy with
There is strong belief amongst recruiters that Lalor and Langford will be gone in that top 3, I think that will be reflected in Twomey's final phantom draft. Twomey has no idea about SA guys, which is why we haven't seen him linked too often with the Eagles, but make no mistake they are extremely keen. Haven't seen Jagga Smith linked with us at all yet, maybe because we are confident that FOS will still be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because we weren't looking at them for the same role.

Balme/Wright would have been hired for a position above Nicks. Davis was hired for a position either below Nicks, or off to the side and slightly below Nicks, essentially a glorified Senior Assistant.

My reading (and I could be wrong) is that they were looking at getting Wright AND Davis, not Wright OR Davis. Unfortunately, we missed out on getting Wright, probably because nobody wants to live or work in Adelaide (the city).
Lol, what unadulterated horseshit. Ex-pat Adelaidians are the worst, I swear.

The reason for him not taking up the offer is very clearly because he's being offered a direct path to a CEO role, which he's widely known to have coveted for some time. The fact that he didn't flat out reject Silvers when he first started courting him suggests that there was at least interest in there.

FOS is a country lad that boarded in Melbourne IIRC?. Smith is Vic metro and private school. If I am correct, that alone tells me enough

Not in this case. Jagga won't be a flight risk for this reason.
Yes, I have contacts here.
He's had a lot of contact with interstate clubs Sydney, Adelaide and West Coast. Plus Vic clubs, obviously.
He completed school last year, and focused on his football career this year knowing interstate is likely.
He has always been the sort of kid that would consider others before himself (usually kids are like "look at what I can do" he was always the one encouraging others "go on, try it, here let me help you".)
If an interstate club is good for him, he will stay and be a leader.
His dad played some games for Collingwood, family is thrilled to be in this position and have no attitude/arrogance to any club/state.
Jagga's attitude and family are exactly up Hamish's alley - as we often say on here.

However, saying that, I have no indication of how it may play out.

So no Wright, no role.
That’s my understanding too. We don’t need a Wright/Balme because we have Davis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back