Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Last edited:
"We need to get this done quickly, Geelong have a lot of other deals in the works".
Oh cripes, that was it. I couldn't remember the exact sentiment.

Basically, "we had to make it easy for them to pinch the best player in the comp so as not to inconvenience them. And unrelated, does anyone have any spare lunch money?"

Like one Saturday in 2017 I’ve blocked that trade from my memory we got the champion Gore and what else for Danger?
Geelong are pissing themselves laughing still

"...and we got them to take on Gore as well!"
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I'd have thought a late first to early second would be about right. 6+23 would be insane
Houston is worth pick 1 and 2 if that's the case. He's five times the player Rioli is.

Wasn’t it 11, 28 (used for Menzel) and Gore for Danger and a late pick?

Essentially. It was picks 9, 28 and Gore for Dangerfield and pick 50. Pick 28 was traded for Menzel as you say (we also gave them Kerridge), pick 9 drifted out to pick 11 on draft night.

Given that Milera hasn't worked out, it was a disaster trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick #6 is overs, let alone #23 also.

I would argue Houston is slightly better & imo he is worth around 1st rounder in early teens.

But GC love paying crazy overs...

Oh cripes, that was it. I couldn't remember the exact sentiment.

Basically, "we had to make it easy for them to pinch the best player in the comp so as not to inconvenience them. And unrelated, does anyone have any spare lunch money?"
Also we couldn’t ask for their future first because they needed that to get Henderson from Carlton. Okily Dokey then. That pick eventually ended up with Brisbane to get Jarrod Berry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back