Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Last edited:
What if Melbourne were clear they weren’t giving anything back?

How were we getting their contracted player then?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good faith trade. Get it done to help the player. Paid overs in reality. Melbourne wanted to keep him. But let him go easily because of his circumstances.

If Rioli gets Richmond pick 6, they should be handing the first rounder they get for Baker to Gold Coast

And if Baker is worth pick 14 (via Hawthorn for Barrass) then Richmond should hand pick 32 back to West Coast.

Basically to get pick 6 they should be handing over Rioli, Baker and a second rounder

yeh hes a mare. i have heard another source there is a 4th target and that we are still actively tring to trade someone out.

I thought Roo said there was an unnamed target yet to be released about a week ago. After Peatling so its not him.

It would not be hard to trade out a fringe player, nearly all of ours are bottom barrel third and 4th rounders in value. So I wonder if its a current name best 23 player. (not Murphy) he is a 6th rounder and no one will want him. Not to speculate but there really is only one player that could bring back any real value. But a name player surely would have leaked to the media. So its hard to say, especially the player im thinking of.

The only other sort of players would be best 23 players that have told the club that although contracted they would be open to a trade back to their home state.

If Rioli gets Richmond pick 6, they should be handing the first rounder they get for Baker to Gold Coast

And if Baker is worth pick 14 (via Hawthorn for Barrass) then Richmond should hand pick 32 back to West Coast.

Basically to get pick 6 they should be handing over Rioli, Baker and a second rounder

Pick 14 for a player who averages 19 disposals and kicked just 14 goals. wowee. Are West Coast that desperate?

If Richmond get that done, that is the crime of century. What a steal!

I thought Roo said there was an unnamed target yet to be released about a week ago. After Peatling so its not him.

It would not be hard to trade out a fringe player, nearly all of ours are bottom barrel third and 4th rounders in value. So I wonder if its a current name best 23 player. (not Murphy) he is a 6th rounder and no one will want him. Not to speculate but there really is only one player that could bring back any real value. But a name player surely would have leaked to the media. So its hard to say, especially the player im thinking of.

The only other sort of players would be best 23 players that have told the club that although contracted they would be open to a trade back to their home state.
we all know it should be laird but wont be but as i said even smith would be a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McHenry? Surprises me that he’d say something like that about the club in public

Why? I dont think the club treated him great in his final year. They could have dropped him back to the Sanfl quietly but went public with this farscicle non statistical shape running role which all but made McHenry a joke amongst the supporters. They they threw him back to the Sanfl. So kind of can see that maybe he hasnt parted ways with the club on the best of terms.

Why? I dont think the club treated him great in his final year. They could have dropped him back to the Sanfl quietly but went public with this farscicle non statistical shape running role which all but made McHenry a joke amongst the supporters. They they threw him back to the Sanfl. So kind of can see that maybe he hasnt parted ways with the club on the best of terms.
Doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to have a direct pot shot at someone in public

Anyway I’m listening to it right now, it’s more along the lines of “if Silvers thinks more staff are needed, I’d be on board”

Sholl?

Some are getting greedy and based on some flogs rumour.

We aren’t trading anyone out or in.

We are done after Peatling.

We have brought in 3 good players.

Last year we brought in Burgess.

Be happy.
I Need More Season 1 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Some are getting greedy and based on some flogs rumour.

We aren’t trading anyone out or in.

We are done after Peatling.

We have brought in 3 good players.

Last year we brought in Burgess.

Be happy.

It is incredibly rare for players to remain unnamed if they are being shopped around. Someone would have leaked it.

I would never say never about trading anyone out though. Just because we dont know about it doesnt mean the club isnt shopping around a list of players for draft picks.

I reckon the 4th option is Draper.

ROB is out of contract and a free agent next year. He might get offers from Vic. He seems highly rated over there. If he went, we'd be stuffed as Strachan is not good. Draper is not much better, but is good cover for ROB during the year, and an option if ROB did leave.

Dodson won't be ready for a while. We were into Goad last year. He'll have a 3-year deal, so might be working on getting him back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back