Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Again, you (and others) attribute specific things to Mark Ricciuto with no direct proof. I asked for specifics. Conjecture isn’t specifics. They would not hold up in a court of law. You have your opinion. Fine. I asked for specific examples. So far, none.

A big fat zero.

If you want to ask me a question, ask me directly.

I agree with this. We as a forum tend to jump on individuals without knowing their roles. Noble was a fun period. Everything was Nobles fault at one stage. Then Campo became a kicking can for many who decided to lump all the clubs problems on an assistant coach. lol. What a fail that was.

I will defend Roo on Burton though. For two whole years after Burtons appointment no one said anything about that appointment. We even made a grand final. Then a camp happened (im not opening up that can of worms but it was literally the definition of a media driven storm in a tea cup). But 9900% of the rumours all turned out to be BS like we should have been smart enough to realise. But werent.

Anyway. Point is noone said boo about that appointment for 2 years. In fact it really wasnt a thing until 2019 occured, 3 whole years after the appointment when the camp details came to light that Burton and Roo became the most evil things on the planet.

But Roo did instigate the Nicks appointment and the internal review and said his goal was to turn the club into this elite club the envy of the competition. He has done none of that. In fact the reason why people are frustrated is the appointment of Nicks was not an elite decision at the timing of his renewal.

Overall though, most of the thoughts on Roo are rubbish. He doesnt have the power to do what many think he does. He isnt at the club full time. The most laughable was that Roo was to blame for selection. If I was to assume, Id would say Olsen, Silvers and the board have pushed roo down the food chain. Since 2020 he is not the same as he was before then.

Have you sobered up? Will it be a coherent response if I asked you a question?

Think about what you’re asking. You want proof, what proof do you expect to receive? Beyond being the football director, beyond being the one constant through this whole shit show, beyond sitting on the list management committee, beyond having a say in the recruitment and employment of key personal, beyond his best mate being employed despite a shit work history and after telling Roo he wants to go home whilst sharing a family holiday, beyond telling supporters to follow another club if they didn’t like how the club was managed which then led to a review with key changes, beyond talking about players contacts on MMM, beyond getting in embarrassing Twitter blue with a past player, beyond us finishing bottom and with no finals in 7 years whilst he has been football diredor, beyond giggling whilst he boundary rider for Port games, what further proof do you want that he’s shit? Emails?

But let’s flip it, besides being a legend footballer and a hard worker, provide proof of good qualities as our football director and under his watch what we have achieved.
A specific would be:

“Mark Ricciuto did ‘this’”

“Mark Ricciuto did “that”

‘This’ or ‘that’ being SOMETHING PROVABLE with evidence. So far none of you whingers have produced anything. Like I said, none of it would hold up in a court of law, therefore it is complete conjecture.

I don’t think any of you forum lifers would be happy even if the club won 10 premierships in a row and Mark Ricciuto saved your dog’s life.

As for you attempting to “flip it”. I am not the whingeing arseh*le constantly denigrating a club legend with absolutely no proof.

I agree with this. We as a forum tend to jump on individuals without knowing their roles. Noble was a fun period. Everything was Nobles fault at one stage. Then Campo became a kicking can for many who decided to lump all the clubs problems on an assistant coach. lol. What a fail that was.

I will defend Roo on Burton though. For two whole years after Burtons appointment no one said anything about that appointment. We even made a grand final. Then a camp happened (im not opening up that can of worms but it was literally the definition of a media driven storm in a tea cup). But 9900% of the rumours all turned out to be BS like we should have been smart enough to realise. But werent.

Anyway. Point is noone said boo about that appointment for 2 years. In fact it really wasnt a thing until 2019 occured, 3 whole years after the appointment when the camp details came to light that Burton and Roo became the most evil things on the planet.

But Roo did instigate the Nicks appointment and the internal review and said his goal was to turn the club into this elite club the envy of the competition. He has done none of that. In fact the reason why people are frustrated is the appointment of Nicks was not an elite decision at the timing of his renewal.

Overall though, most of the thoughts on Roo are rubbish. He doesnt have the power to do what many think he does. He isnt at the club full time. The most laughable was that Roo was to blame for selection. If I was to assume, Id would say Olsen, Silvers and the board have pushed roo down the food chain. Since 2020 he is not the same as he was before then.

We know Mark Ricciuto's role though. He's a board member and so votes and makes key decisions relating to the club. And the board is ultimately responsible for all decision making at the club as it's the very top of the hierarchy.

I reckon people were pretty suspicious of the Burton appointment from the start

I however agree Re your Noble point , he appeared to get blamed for everything but was then Cherry picked by the afl to help sort brisbane out and got them on the path

Have you sobered up? Will it be a coherent response if I asked you a question?

Think about what you’re asking. You want proof, what proof do you expect to receive? Beyond being the football director, beyond being the one constant through this whole shit show, beyond sitting on the list management committee, beyond having a say in the recruitment and employment of key personal, beyond his best mate being employed despite a shit work history and after telling Roo he wants to go home whilst sharing a family holiday, beyond telling supporters to follow another club if they didn’t like how the club was managed which then led to a review with key changes, beyond talking about players contacts on MMM, beyond getting in embarrassing Twitter blue with a past player, beyond us finishing bottom and with no finals in 7 years whilst he has been football diredor, beyond giggling whilst he boundary rider for Port games, what further proof do you want that he’s shit? Emails?

But let’s flip it, besides being a legend footballer and a hard worker, provide proof of good qualities as our football director and under his watch what we have achieved.

You keep bringing up the Burton appointment. What evidence do you have of a shit work history. Brisbane not playing finals under a bad coach as your evidence?, no one said anything negative about Burton for at least his first two years at the club. We made a GF and our injuries during those years were minimal. So Id say he was pretty good. Even our win loss in 2018 and 2019 werent that bad. Seems everything to do with this appointment is all based on 2019 where he did a bad job in the PR department. In which many want to scape goat Roo for this appointment 4 years before. Like do we realise how insane that is? thats like sacking a manager for hiring someone 3 years before they rob the place.

Yes he has made some mistakes though and I do think his time has past. But the Burton appointment is the least of his crimes.

A specific would be:

‘This’ or ‘that’ being SOMETHING PROVABLE with evidence. So far none of you whingers have produced anything. Like I said, none of it would hold up in a court of law, therefore it is complete conjecture.

I don’t think any of you forum lifers would be happy even if the club won 10 premierships in a row and Mark Ricciuto saved your dog’s life.

As for you attempting to “flip it”. I am not the whingeing arseh*le constantly denigrating a club legend with absolutely no proof.
My beef with Roo is the blatant conflict of interest in him commentating Crows matches while their Football Director.
This should not be allowed and it's embarrassing to listen to. It's got to be one or the other.

A specific would be:

lol. Proof? Under Roo as Football Director, did we employ his best mate despite a poor work history?

Is he on the list management committee?

Did we win our first wooden spoon and have we finished outside of the finals for 7 years?

Did he tell supporters to support another club if they weren’t happy with the club direction only to then have a review leading to his best mates sackings?

No one is denigrating his football legacy. We are criticising his off field legacy, refer again to our wooden spoon and missing finals for 7 years.

So you’re incapable of telling us the positives whilst he’s been footy director? And think about your last statement, Roo the Club Legend, the Football Director, the only member of the board with football experience doesn’t have enormous influence on the club and how have we gone?

All you’ve contributed is you mean posters, you bad posters, leave Roo alone, he was a great footballer.

And we aren’t in court, we are on a football forum.

Reckon you need a Panadol and bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know Mark Ricciuto's role though. He's a board member and so votes and makes key decisions relating to the club. And the board is ultimately responsible for all decision making at the club as it's the very top of the hierarchy.

He is just one vote though and voting doesnt even need to be unanimous. The AFC have said nothing as far as I can tell about how the Nicks extension occured other than a cheap PR message. The board have never had to answer anything on it. Usually Roo has been the one all over it in the media promoting decisions like that. Not once. Which leads me to suspect this was a motion carried by Olsen, backed by some yes men on the board and I dont think Roo was one of them. It likely played out that Roo recommended we wait but gave some pros and cons in his presentation and the cons scared the yes men into action.

So point is, not sure what you want from Roo if he is no longer able to wield his influence like he used to pre 2020. Olsen has almost certainly removed that. Especially since Olsen is the one who ran to the media backing in Nicks and how he is trying to build connection with the young guys.

You keep bringing up the Burton appointment. What evidence do you have of a shit work history. Brisbane not playing finals under a bad coach as your evidence?, no one said anything negative about Burton for at least his first two years at the club. We made a GF and our injuries during those years were minimal. So Id say he was pretty good. Even our win loss in 2018 and 2019 werent that bad. Seems everything to do with this appointment is all based on 2019 where he did a bad job in the PR department. In which many want to scape goat Roo for this appointment 4 years before. Like do we realise how insane that is? thats like sacking a manager for hiring someone 3 years before they rob the place.

Yes he has made some mistakes though and I do think his time has past. But the Burton appointment is the least of his crimes.
You know about Brisbanes injury record when he was fitness boss yeah?

lol. Proof? Under Roo as Football Director, did we employ his best mate despite a poor work history?

Did we win our first wooden spoon and have we finished outside of the finals for 7 years?

Did he tell supporters to support another club if they weren’t happy with the club direction only to then have a review leading to his best mates sackings?

No one is denigrating his football legacy. We are criticising his off field legacy, refer again to our wooden spoon and missing finals for 7 years.

So you’re incapable of telling us the positives whilst he’s been footy director? And think about your last statement, Roo the Club Legend, the Football Director, the only member of the board with football experience doesn’t have enormous influence on the club and how have we gone?

All you’ve contributed is you mean posters, you bad posters, leave Roo alone, he was a great footballer.

I’m good. Just cracked a beer.

Again, you literally list absolutely no DIRECT proof or EVIDENCE of anything Mark Ricciuto has done.

We can keep going around in circles if you want. The night is still young.

I reckon people were pretty suspicious of the Burton appointment from the start

I however agree Re your Noble point , he appeared to get blamed for everything but was then Cherry picked by the afl to help sort brisbane out and got them on the path

There is suspicion about how he was appointed, due diligence (best candidate) but the performance at least in his first two years at the club took us to a GF with Pyke. So hard to suggest he was the worlds worst appointment like some claim.

There is suspicion about how he was appointed, due diligence (best candidate) but the performance at least in his first two years at the club took us to a GF with Pyke. So hard to suggest he was the worlds worst appointment like some claim.
A fitness program takes time to have its effect. Did we not have a run of hamstring injuries under Burton which led to the phrase “hamstring awareness?”

The Il Capo vs The Godfather...love it :)

I’m good. Just cracked a beer.

Again, you literally list absolutely no DIRECT proof or EVIDENCE of anything Mark Ricciuto has done.

We can keep going around in circles if you want. The night is still young.

Mark Ricciuto was on the hiring panel that selected Matthew Nicks:

He didn’t even say he wanted to stay involved with a club, why not articulate what he actually said?

Again, you (and others) attribute specific things to Mark Ricciuto with no direct proof. I asked for specifics. Conjecture isn’t specifics. They would not hold up in a court of law. You have your opinion. Fine. I asked for specific examples. So far, none.

A big fat zero.

If you want to ask me a question, ask me directly.
What has roo done right then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back