Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
So, it’s complete conjecture. Just as I suspected.

You f*****g whingers will never shut up crying about the club you supposedly barrack for. “Noble sucks”, “We want noble back”. “Campo sucks”, “we want Campo back”. “Ogilvie sucks”, “ Reid sucks”, “they all suck”.

Let’s face it. You are all a bunch of basement-dwelling 40-50 somethings living your life on an internet-based FOOTY FORUM who don’t know shit from shit.

Shut the f*** up and get a life or start a football club yourselves.
None of it is conjecture, but thanks for the epic rant.

FWIW I'm not 40 yet and my house doesn't have a basement. If you can't handle a consensus opinion of people not just here but outside of this forum then maybe you need to go away

Reid is based in Victoria so wouldn't be an issue for us to have Bartel in a similar role.
Bartel was recently a GWS Director .....he isn't chasing a List Management role ....he in fact wanted Laura Kane's role at the AFL

You f*****g whingers will never shut up crying about the club you supposedly barrack for. “Noble sucks”, “We want noble back”. “Campo sucks”, “we want Campo back”. “Ogilvie sucks”, “ Reid sucks”, “they all suck”.

Let’s face it. You are all a bunch of basement-dwelling 40-50 somethings living your life on an internet-based FOOTY FORUM who don’t know shit from shit.

Conjecture - no.

Fact - yes!

Stick your head in the sand if you must as I really couldn't care less.

Bartel was recently a GWS Director .....he isn't chasing a List Management role ....he in fact wanted Laura Kane's role at the AFL
He's not getting Kane's job, even though she is out of her depth.

He left the GWS role because he wants a list management role!

FWIW I'm not 40 yet and my house doesn't have a basement. If you can't handle a consensus opinion of people not just here but outside of this forum then maybe you need to go away
Don’t worry, I’m only around at trade/draft time. You can have the rest of the year to be a loser.

He's not getting Kane's job, even though she is out of her depth.

He left the GWS role because he wants a list management role!
Lets see .....my money's on no list management role ....I think he would take the COLL footy Managers role

Not sure negotiation is Bartel's strength

Don’t worry, I’m only around at trade/draft time. You can have the rest of the year to be a loser.
Given your crazed rants, may be best for you to spend more time away...

Can't be good for your blood pressure.

Just out of curiosity, all the guys potting Ricciuto constantly, like everything’s his fault.

A guy that gave his soul to the club. A guy that bleeds red, navy and gold.

What EXACTLY has he done that has destroyed the club?

I want specifics coz you guys don’t shut the f*** up.
I think it’s hard to get over Burton

That is the main thing that has ruined the club in short to medium term and the issue is we know he was a boys club hire

In other areas he’s done well , ie he’s main reason we hired Walsh . He’s got connections and influence that other people in Adelaide don’t have

There’s plenty of good things he’s done but he’s made some errors that have cost the club years of pain

Nah you are right. Everyone else is wrong.
They are all the very best of the bestest.
That's why we have been an elite club for the last 30 years and keep on winning everything.

homer simpson fight GIF

And go support another club?……….I feel like we’ve heard this before, I wonder who said it on tv??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord of the Flies is the 2024 Adelaide Crows bigfooty board. The board contents concerns a group of Aussie boys who are stranded on an uninhabited virtual island and their disastrous attempts to govern themselves. The board's themes include morality, leadership, and the tension between civility and chaos.

We have a history of mediocre appointments, nepotism, moving people sideways, and promoting internally without merit.

People have called it at the time, hindsight has proven it to be correct in many instances.

We complained about Noble at the time, was probably much better than Kelly though.

For a club in a footy mad state with a massive following, I don’t see a problem with expecting someone better than both. It’s a crucial role.

You can support the club and expect more from them at the same time. It’s not a one or the other thing.

We have a history of mediocre appointments, nepotism, moving people sideways, and promoting internally without merit.

People have called it at the time, hindsight has proven it to be correct in many instances.

We complained about Noble at the time, was probably much better than Kelly though.

For a club in a footy mad state with a massive following, I don’t see a problem with expecting someone better than both. It’s a crucial role.

You can support the club and expect more from them at the same time. It’s not a one or the other thing.
This has nothing to do with what I was asking.

So Bartel as list manager? Hasn’t had experience in the role so would be a stab in the dark, but I’d be on board

Edit: I’m wrong, he worked as a consultant in that space with the Lions
List Managers usually all operate out of Melbourne too, so it'd probably be the only way you can get him to the club since it would mean he wouldn't need to move to Adelaide.

Best melt I've seen on here in a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back