Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Silvers admitted that he takes guidance and advice from Roo with all football related matters.
Theres absolutely no doubt. That’s Roos role - the conduit between football department and board. But his is a part time, voluntary role. People seem to forget that. Nonetheless he’s been there long enough. I’d like to see new eyes in that position. Question is - who?

10 pages since I read last night must be something juicy..

Caroline Huber GIF

WILL ANYONE EXECUTE A ‘SLIDE’?

North Melbourne and West Coast and open to making a “slight slide” down the order in this year’s draft.

But finding a buyer who is willing to pay handsomely to move up to pick 2 or 3 might not be easy.

The group of top 10 players in this year’s draft pool are very even and there is still no standout No. 1 pick for Richmond.

Rival clubs believe Sam Lalor is the most likely target for the Tigers, but Finn O’Sullivan, Jagga Smith and Harvey Langford also sit in the mix.

An inside-midfielder who can also go forward and kick goals, Lalor is an X-Factor player has tried to base his game off Collingwood’s Jordan De Goey this year.

O’Sullivan, Smith and Langford are all midfielders with different attributes, while Josh Smillie, Sid Draper and Murphy Reid are other top prospects in a midfield-heavy group of top-10 prospects.

The Brisbane Lions will also secure father-son Levi Ashcroft inside the top-10, with Richmond not ruling out placing a bid on gun onballer from the Sandringham Dragons.

“Our philosophy has always been we’ll assess where they sit in the pool and bid accordingly,” Tigers list boss Blair Hartley said this week.

Even if picks do not change hands during the trade period, clubs can still trade selections up to and during this year’s national draft, which will be held over two nights on November 20 and 21.

HOT DRAFT BOLTER CONTINUES TO CLIMB

The biggest bolter in this year’s draft is in hot demand and is fast shaping as a potential top-10 pick.

Gippsland Power utility Alixzander Tauru came in at No. 12 on our list of the top 60 draft prospects for November, which was released this week.

However, he could climb even higher on draft night.

Tauru reportedly met with every AFL club except for Hawthorn at last weekend’s national draft combine.

An athletically-gifted 193cm player, Tauru has featured – and impacted – in all areas of the ground this year and has no shortage of X-Factor despite still being relatively raw.

“I can’t remember a better contested mark either in front or behind the footy that I’ve seen for his size,” Gippsland Power talent manager Scott McDougal said.

“His commitment to the ball in the air and his aggression when the ball hits the ground is a really, really good one-wood to have.

“I’m really keen to see the 22-year-old, 23-year-old Alix Tauru. I just can’t wait to see that footballer. You pay to go and watch blokes like him play footy.”

Tauru spent significant time across halfback this year, but also had stints forward and through the midfield with the Power in the Coates Talent League.

A specific would be:

“Mark Ricciuto did ‘this’”

“Mark Ricciuto did “that”

‘This’ or ‘that’ being SOMETHING PROVABLE with evidence. So far none of you whingers have produced anything. Like I said, none of it would hold up in a court of law, therefore it is complete conjecture.

I don’t think any of you forum lifers would be happy even if the club won 10 premierships in a row and Mark Ricciuto saved your dog’s life.

As for you attempting to “flip it”. I am not the whingeing arseh*le constantly denigrating a club legend with absolutely no proof.
To be fair you’re doing a lot of whinging about people whinging…… 🤷‍♂️

Genuinely you guys are fighting over nothing. Andrew Fagan is the one who has a lot to blame for how the club diminished, he basically had an authoritarian regime. Was Roo potentially complicit? Maybe but again its speculation, none of us are inside the inner sanctum. But from the outside Fagan was the one calling the majority of shots that has led to this, I don't need to remind everyone of him being the main instigator for the Gibbs trade, do I?

This club is infuriating to follow but I swear only BigFooty could find a way to bitch and moan about every little detail after a great offseason so far, find it hard to believe any of you blokes ever enjoy the footy club :tearsofjoy:
You know Fagan has been gone for a few years and we re-signed Nicks this year right?

The 4th player might be one of ours (not 100% sure), I'll try to confirm this morning.

Very grey information, but something is cooking in the kitchen, and it is complex. Apparently, we are having group meetings with clubs getting included in a multi club deal.

Not everything has surfaced in the media yet. This is the biggest year a lot of clubs plans have failed or are not clear-cut done deals weeks before trade week like it normally is.

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Runnin Blue you still drinking? Can you understand this?
Yes, my morning coffee. Looks like we are still going around in circles. This still does not prove Mark Ricciuto’s direct action on anything.

None of you have answered the question: “what EXACTLY did he do?”. We are still at square one. I simply asked. Everybody failed to provide the examples. Pointless rehashing this over and over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This more an argument page than a rumour page having to sift through the constant bickering to see what rumours are maybe a seperate page should be started to debate all this stuff instead of having pages of constant bickering

Just a thought

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
You don't need to sift through the bickering to see what the rumours are - they're all collected in the "rumour summary" section at the top of the page.

Yes, my morning coffee. Looks like we are still going around in circles. This still does not prove Mark Ricciuto’s direct action on anything.

None of you have answered the question: “what EXACTLY did he do?”. We are still at square one. I simply asked. Everybody failed to provide the examples. Pointless rehashing this over and over again.
lol, how many of those you going to have?

Yes you asked, were given examples, you want leaked emails until then you can continue to put your fingers in your ears.

You know what you haven’t done? Provide anything positive Roo has done as football director to state he’s been a positive influence let alone warrant club legend status.

The 4th player might be one of ours (not 100% sure), I'll try to confirm this morning.

Very grey information, but something is cooking in the kitchen, and it is complex. Apparently, we are having group meetings with clubs getting included in a multi club deal.

Not everything has surfaced in the media yet. This is the biggest year a lot of clubs plans have failed or are not clear-cut done deals weeks before trade week like it normally is.

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm hearing the same thing.

That there is no detail - and nothing you can hold me to - but definitely a chance that maybe something is going on behind closed doors that no-one can confirm or deny.

It might not come out in the media, but if it does I will be able to say "this is what I was talking about" but obviously I can't say what it is now because it's all very grey and clandestine.

I'm hearing the same thing.

That there is no detail - and nothing you can hold me to - but definitely a chance that maybe something is going on behind closed doors that no-one can confirm or deny.

It might not come out in the media, but if it does I will be able to say "this is what I was talking about" but obviously I can't say what it is now because it's all very grey and clandestine.
I wonder how many fall for it?

None of it is conjecture, but thanks for the epic rant.

FWIW I'm not 40 yet and my house doesn't have a basement. If you can't handle a consensus opinion of people not just here but outside of this forum then maybe you need to go away
Nah, good on him. We talk bollocks on here constantly about things we can't possibly know. It's the furthest thing from confirmed.

Frankly this place needs a good rant every now and again. Everyone gets too comfy hearing their opinions repeated back to them.

That being said, Burton was rubbish.

Maybe that’s the point look at the overall performance of the club in the last 10 years, we are steeped in the mediocre performances and have become irrelevant in the scheme of the AFL.

The board have to ultimately take responsibility for this, and Roo is a part of the board.

Is he solely responsible?

No, they all are responsible.

Maybe that’s the point look at the overall performance of the club in the last 10 years, we are steeped in the mediocre performances and have become irrelevant in the scheme of the AFL.

The board have to ultimately take responsibility for this, and Roo is a part of the board.

Is he solely responsible?

No, they all are responsible.
But as football director, that’s his area of responsibility and that’s performed worse than any area of the club.

lol, how many of those you going to have?

Yes you asked, were given examples, you want leaked emails until then you can continue to put your fingers in your ears.

You know what you haven’t done? Provide anything positive Roo has done as football director to state he’s been a positive influence let alone warrant club legend status.
I have two coffees. Always two. And then a trip to the cargo bay, like clockwork.

I don’t constantly post on this board for years singing Roo’s praises, so I have nothing to prove. Unlike you lot who never shut up about who is to blame, sitting on your high horses with NFI what goes on inside the club.

I gave you specifics. He is specifically responsible for everything because he is a board member
He is part of a group responsible for the governance of the club.

Boards aren't operational. You're right though, in that they're collectively responsible for recruiting the executive level staff who are.

Roo is only one vote on the board - though I'd agree with those who suspect he probably has a lot of influence on board-level football decisions.

I have two coffees. Always two. And then a trip to the cargo bay, like clockwork.

I don’t constantly post on this board for years singing Roo’s praises, so I have nothing to prove. Unlike you lot who never shut up about who is to blame, sitting on your high horses with NFI what goes on inside the club.
Oh so when you’ve referred to him as a club legend it’s just his playing career and you can’t provide anything positive he’s done as football director, get it.

Ok I’ll ask it another way, whilst he’s been football director, have we finished bottom, did he say to back the club management in or support another club, then we had an external review where we changed management and finished out of the finals 7 years running?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back