Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Look - FANTASTIC effort by Runnin Blue to come in swinging last night and give us pages of new content.

Personally, I love those posters (Wayne is another) who come in and don't just reinforce the politically correct "agreed views" on here, like "Roo sucks" or "Nicks sucks".

Come in with something that swims against the tide, it's a fantastic effort.

There’s a lot about me that would surprise you.

Don’t have a problem with you.

Just waiting for you to put together an argument as to why the longest serving board member — a bloke who has been there since Brenton Sanderson — bears no responsibility for what’s occurred at the club in the last seven years.

Look - FANTASTIC effort by Runnin Blue to come in swinging last night and give us pages of new content.

Personally, I love those posters (Wayne is another) who come in and don't just reinforce the politically correct "agreed views" on here, like "Roo sucks" or "Nicks sucks".

Yeah you’re all about posters who swim against the tide.

The 4th player might be one of ours (not 100% sure), I'll try to confirm this morning.

Very grey information, but something is cooking in the kitchen, and it is complex. Apparently, we are having group meetings with clubs getting included in a multi club deal.

Not everything has surfaced in the media yet. This is the biggest year a lot of clubs plans have failed or are not clear-cut done deals weeks before trade week like it normally is.

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Berry is being shopped.

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seven minutes - impressive.

Spirited debate is always fun.

So all these youngsters especially the interstate lads inking new deals doesn't point to a very much improved culture within the playing group?

Nup, I disagree big time.

So you think there's a difference currently in people signing up or extending under Nicks compared to previous generations and that's your measure of culture?

Oh some excitement this morning. A massive complex playstation style multi club deal going on, well rumoured too.

Thanks for sharing to those putting it out there. I know it usually comes with hate but its fun to consider.

At least one or two multi club deals happen during trade week. So would I be surprised to see one happen no. Clubs have points to get for academy and father son bids and fringe players to shift to create room for wanted draft selections.

Why are you asking me question after question when you still haven’t answered my first one?

I have nothing to prove to you, Basement. Your usual tactic of incessantly replying with walls of text and pointless circular arguments will not work with me.
In your opinion I haven’t, mine I have. But at least I attempted to answer even if you’re not happy with it.

Whereas you won’t or shall I say can’t, after all that would mean you’d need to be able to back up and debate your opinion.

If that’s how you choose to interact, no wonder you’re up all night getting pissed telling a forum how many beers you’ve drunk.

So you think there's a difference currently in people signing up or extending under Nicks compared to previous generations and that's your measure of culture?

They have signed longer term deals than id expect. However, the culture has shifted too AFL wide so im not sure how much is Nicks and how much is the culture. Player managers are clearly looking to cement lengthy long term deals for their players and there are a lot of players now inking 5-8 year deals. Before that a long term deal was 3-5 years and a stupid length deal was 7.

In your opinion I haven’t, mine I have. But at least I attempted to answer even if you’re not happy with it.

Whereas you won’t or shall I say can’t, after all that would mean you’d need to be able to back up and debate your opinion.

If that’s how you choose to interact, no wonder you’re up all night getting pissed telling a forum how many beers you’ve drunk.
he isnt saying you are wrong. regardless of what you think we have both answered all your questions. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks did transform the culture of the club.

He won't survive, but I think he's largely done what he was hired to do, and when he leaves the Crows he'll immediately find work elsewhere.

We also don't know to what degree Roo was involved in the hiring of Burton. On a board level, he could have declared his conflict of interest and not participated in that decision.

I mean, the board would still know his position so he'd still hold massive influence, but we don't necessarily know the process.

1728602267963.gif

You mean you’re enamoured by a poster who supports your views, who would have thought.

Give him credit though, I doubt he’d change his opinion to bend with the club. Like your opinions pre and post ANB trade. Classic Shorten manoeuvre.

Don’t have a problem with you.

Just waiting for you to put together an argument as to why the longest serving board member — a bloke who has been there since Brenton Sanderson — bears no responsibility for what’s occurred at the club in the last seven years.
I never said anything of the sort. You and Basement and others keep putting words in my mouth.

I never made a claim. The whingers made many claims. I asked them to prove it. They failed.

And they all lived happily ever after.

You mean you’re enamoured by a poster who supports your views, who would have thought.

Give him credit though, I doubt he’d change his opinion to bend with the club. Like your opinions pre and post ANB trade. Classic Shorten manoeuvre.

His support of RB is no different from me supporting you when we bag Nicks.

I saw it.

Is there Proof?

Good question and typical of the AFL, there is not. I have searched the laws, rules, regulations and even the CBA and none of them outline what happens. But, I presume that we agree that in the event of a points deficit;

1. The points will be deducted from the club's natural pick in the same round of the following year or
2. In the event that the club has no pick in that round in the next year then the points will be deducted from either;
i) the pick in the round directly preceding the round in which the bid was matched or
ii) the pick in the round directly following the round in which the bid was matched

At this stage we've got no evidence either way, but my best guess is that it will come from the earlier round as that is the more punitive outcome for not retaining enough points. I've emailed the AFL for clarification, wonder if I'll get a response.

1728602509656.png

I never said anything of the sort. You and Basement and others keep putting words in my mouth.

I never made a claim. The whingers made many claims. I asked them to prove it. They failed.

And they all lived happily ever after.

You’re asking people to prove something that is self-evident.

They’ve been magnanimous enough to explain it to you like you’re 5.

And yet he’s asked for proof whilst ignoring what I’ve supplied and meanwhile won’t provide his own proof, much like you.

No one has supplied proof. Just circumstantial evidence. That is the best we will get on a forum and I acknowledge it. As I have always said though, hell im happy to be proved wrong. I also said Roo needs to go so regardless of what hand he played in the Nicks extension decision, his time is up anyway. What we will never see if the board vote and that will answer this particular question. And that is unfortunate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back