Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
No one has supplied proof. Just circumstantial evidence. That is the best we will get on a forum and I acknowledge it. As I have always said though, hell im happy to be proved wrong. I also said Roo needs to go so regardless of what hand he played in the Nicks extension decision, his time is up anyway. What we will never see if the board vote and that will answer this particular question. And that is unfortunate.
The evidence is our results and Roo has been football director, sits on list management and longest serving board member.

If he’s not influencing our football direction given all that what’s he been doing?

On Port and trading Houston - all the discussion has been on the actual trade on isolation. But what amazes me is no one is highlighting the actual potential impact of losing Houston

Outside of Butters and JHF. I think Houston is their next important player - he is integral to how they play and move the ball through the corridor.

If I was Port, I would be trying to get him to North, not Collingwood. Why trade with the club that is going to try to have another serious tilt at a flag in 2025?

Houston is a dual AA and at an age where his best footy is still ahead of home - he could possibly win another two AA in the next 4 to 6 years.

Bringing in Luko won’t even go close to covering the loss of Houston which will be compounded again when they lose Bergman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree he’s probably in the top 5 players at port , but he’s peaked , (hence his dual AA) so the only way is down , hence why no club is paying 2 firsts

Well you replied to Mostyn that his support means nothing because its aligned to his views. But its no different when we support each other over Nicks. He is allowed his opinion.
His opinion is the clubs opinion and anyone who sticks up for the club or bags one of us.

Hell the other day he liked a Amacca23 post and used it to bag me even thought macca made up total bullshit.

Given Mostyns habit of changing his opinion to support the club like he did with ANB, then no, he’s not like me or you.

No one has supplied proof. Just circumstantial evidence.

What is proof that a football club leader hasn’t succeeded in his or her job?

Is it something other than results?

Please let us all know, because you’re about to turn the entire sporting world on its head.

JUDGE: Counsel may proceed. Present your case.

DUMB LAWYER: Ok, your honour. The accused committed the crime! sits back down

JUDGE: Er…did you want to present your evidence?

DUMB LAWYER: I said he did it, so he did it, your honour.

JUDGE: Approach the bench, please. You do realise you making an accusation is not evidence, right?

DUMB LAWYER: Looks around frantically for other dumb lawyers to support him

What is proof that a football club leader hasn’t succeeded in his or her job?

Is it something other than results?

Please let us all know, because you’re about to turn the entire sporting world on its head.

We are getting confused I think. Im talking proof over one particular decision, the extension of Nicks in March. Im not even talking about the results of everything else.

So you think there's a difference currently in people signing up or extending under Nicks compared to previous generations and that's your measure of culture?
Yes absolutely, obviously the culture is good or as we've experienced in the past the interstate draftees tend to head out, some quite early on for whatever reason.

He will get to the club of his choice or stay. Ultimately he is contracted. But Port cant tell him to pick one club over another.

My post was more about the impact of his loss to port is being under stated

However yes he is contracted and like all contracted players wanting a trade - he can nominate a club and force ports hand as they are desperate to get into the first round of this years draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JUDGE: Counsel may proceed. Present your case.

DUMB LAWYER: Ok, your honour. The accused committed the crime! sits back down

JUDGE: Er…did you want to present your evidence?

DUMB LAWYER: I said he did it, so he did it, your honour.

JUDGE: Approach the bench, please. You do realise you making an accusation is not evidence, right?

DUMB LAWYER: Looks around frantically for other dumb lawyers to support him
Pissed Judge: look at me look at me, I’m drunk, please like me I’m cool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh some excitement this morning. A massive complex playstation style multi club deal going on, well rumoured too.

Thanks for sharing to those putting it out there. I know it usually comes with hate but its fun to consider.

At least one or two multi club deals happen during trade week. So would I be surprised to see one happen no. Clubs have points to get for academy and father son bids and fringe players to shift to create room for wanted draft selections.
Eh?

His opinion is the clubs opinion and anyone who sticks up for the club or bags one of us.

Hell the other day he liked a Amacca23 post and used it to bag me even thought macca made up total bullshit.

Given Mostyns habit of changing his opinion to support the club like he did with ANB, then no, he’s not like me or you.
Anything that anyone say except you the throw away line is its bullshit gp look at the rankine thread and you will see people like birdman 24 saying we giving pick 5 for a small forward he isnt worth a top 15 pick but of course that would be too hard to check facts for yourself

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine when Roo’s time at the club is up and he applies for another key football role:

“So you were Crows football director when they finished bottom, haven’t made the finals for 7 years, re-signed a dud coach early, they employed your best mate with a shit work history who ****ed the club up, you go on radio revealing player contracts, get into Twitter fights with past players, giggle as the MMM boundary rider. So why exactly would we want you?”

“I was an awesome player”

“Next”

Anything that anyone say except you the throw away line is its bullshit gp look at the rankine thread and you will see people like birdman 24 saying we giving pick 5 for a small forward he isnt worth a top 15 pick but of course that would be too hard to check facts for yourself

I will after you back up your claim posters don’t want Sloane due to his last couple of years playing career.

And please for the love of god, use sentences or commas at least!

Nicks definitely changed our culture. The question is whether he implemented a net improvement. I'm not convinced he did.
The culture when he took over was nothing short of toxic. He has absolutely "implemented a net improvement", and there can be no doubt about that whatsoever.

Whether he's shifted the needle to the point where we're on track for future success... that's a legitimate question to ask. The question really isn't whether he "implemented a net improvement", but whether the net improvement he implemented has been big enough.

The culture when he took over was nothing short of toxic. He has absolutely "implemented a net improvement", and there can be no doubt about that whatsoever.

Whether he's shifted the needle to the point where we're on track for future success... that's a legitimate question to ask. The question really isn't whether he "implemented a net improvement", but whether the net improvement he implemented has been big enough.

What elements of toxicity has Nicks specifically resolved?

I would argue the biggest issue with our culture prior to Nicks - a culture of entitlement among senior players - is largely unchanged

I would also say our public condemnation of Rachele is one of the most toxic and divisive moves we have made as a club and that under Pyke we never did things of that nature

And thirdly I'd say under Nicks we have the biggest culture of accepting/tolerating losses that we've ever had as a club in our history

We can speculate all we want about it now, but it its probably something we wont know until well after Nicks has left the club. Like the culture Blight left us in 1998, evaporated over time and was long dead by 2010. And well we know our culture grew more toxic as the years passed. A culture can die quickly if it isnt fostered and that like Vader said, is where the jury is going to be out for awhile.

Has it been contemplated that we might not even take Welsh.

Has a formal nomination been made?
F/S nominations aren't due until 31st October.

It's reasonable to expect that we'll be nominating him, given that they thought enough of him to bring him over to our SANFL team. We didn't do the same with the younger Michelanney brother, despite having the option open to us.

What elements of toxicity has Nicks specifically resolved?

I would argue the biggest issue with our culture prior to Nicks - a culture of entitlement among senior players - is largely unchanged

I would also say our public condemnation of Rachele is one of the most toxic and divisive moves we have made as a club and that under Pyke we never did things of that nature

And thirdly I'd say under Nicks we have the biggest culture of accepting/tolerating losses that we've ever had as a club in our history

If anything id say it can be argued that Nicks cracked under the strain of this year and some of the culture he had built evaporated. I think how the club responds to this season over summer and into next season will be telling as to how well Nicks culture is trending.

Monday, November 21 by 3pm

• NAB AFL Draft Nominations close
  • Final date for delisted primary list players and non-retained rookies to nominate for the draft (either National Draft or Pre-Season Draft)
  • International players included on Rookie List lodged
  • AFL Father-Son bidding nomination lodged with the AFL
You might want to check your source on that. I think those may be last year's dates?

The 2024 AFL Draft handbook lists October 31st as the deadline for F/S nominations.

** I agree with your main point - that nominations aren't due yet, just querying the specifics.

Attachments

• 2024-Telstra-AFL-Draft-Booklet_0.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back