Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
People here still damage controlling over the rachele treatment. You had dawson crying in the media about how a teamate celebrated a goal. It started over a teeth joke in the media. ****in snowflake club however you look at it.

Mate you love putting on your own spin don’t you

1. There was no Dawson crying in the media

2. He never targeted the goal celebration- his narrative was broader

The only people acting like snowflakes are people like you who have an issue with a young player getting bit of a kick in the ass - some of the comments on this non-issue is soft as butter (toughen up)

This time next year I guarantee that people will be singing a new tune - the kick in the ass the Rash received has been the making of him as a player and leader

FFS - stop flogging the same dead horse especially when Rash himself doesn’t have an issue and is back training hard

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We haven’t won a flag for since 98, in the last 7 years we’ve won a wooden spoon and haven’t played finals in that period. We’ve lurched from one **** to another and are run by a bunch of morons. Of course negativity is going to be more prevalent because that’s our reality.

I think you’re classifying yourself in the middle which is wrong, you’re clearly in the camp of trying to make a positive or an excuse. Your Nank explanation is a classic example. Nank just happened to be the player needing to be managed who just happened to be playing in Smiths spot, what a convenient coincidence.

As we have discussed before - there is negativity and there is nitpicking every decision that’s made. Generally where you sit. Nank is a decent young player - but every chance he is out of the side this year. And when you look at the output (stats) side by side Smith had a higher output (metres gained) in an unquestionably poor year

So not surprising he wasn’t completely locked in each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How is it bleedingly obvious? You are again acting like you know everything said, done, discussed and resulted from this indicent within the club even though you only know of a couple of public comments. I wouldn't doubt the personalities and characteristics of every player are discussed, tactics on how to reach every player are different from the player.

From my little tiny peep hole of a window looking in to the giant club, from the small amount of information I have on hand such as players wanting to come to the club, the playing group appearing tight, and players not wanting to leave, I'd say the culture is pretty good.
I wonder if all of the players getting together to train today had a conversation about how bad the culture is?

Mate you love putting on your own spin don’t you

1. There was no Dawson crying in the media

2. He never targeted the goal celebration- his narrative was broader

The only people acting like snowflakes are people like you who have an issue with a young player getting bit of a kick in the ass - some of the comments on this non-issue is soft as butter (toughen up)

This time next year I guarantee that people will be singing a new tune - the kick in the ass the Rash received has been the making of him as a player and leader

FFS - stop flogging the same dead horse especially when Rash himself doesn’t have an issue and is back training hard

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol wrong. Dawson did target the goal celebration.

"How does giving it to port supporters in the crowd help us win" was his exact quote.

You have no argument

I still rate their squad. It's finals quality. Seems like a good trade risk to get into a strong draft twice
Feels like they have a cap on how high they can finish if Oliver doesn’t get back to his best, but yeah I reckon they’ll have a better year next season with Petracca back and extra player development

I still rate their squad. It's finals quality. Seems like a good trade risk to get into a strong draft twice
They look just like us at the end of 2018 (except their Chair did the right thing and resigned).

Such a waste of some supremely talented players.

Feels like they have a cap on how high they can finish if Oliver doesn’t get back to his best, but yeah I reckon they’ll have a better year next season with Petracca back and extra player development

The young talent in their squad is very good and they're adding a pick 5 midfielder to that mix.

Pickett, Rivers, Van Rooyen, Bowey, Windsor, Tholstrup, Pick 5...

The hindrance is their coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They look just like us at the end of 2018 (except their Chair did the right thing and resigned).

Such a waste of some supremely talented players.
I reckon their list is a step better than ours in 2018 (both for senior and young players) and overall is a step younger.

We had the oldest list in 2018

People here still damage controlling over the rachele treatment. You had dawson crying in the media about how a teamate celebrated a goal. It started over a teeth joke in the media. ****in snowflake club however you look at it.
Oh you're back, and talking about what happened 9 weeks ago 🥱

They'll get talented NT Small forward/utility Ricky Mentha from their NGA zone likely for nought in the rookie draft given he doesn't seem to be on the media pundits radars.

Last edited:
I reckon their list is a step better than ours in 2018 (both for senior and young players) and overall is a step younger.

We had the oldest list in 2018

The MAIN issue I forsee with Dee's is that Gawn and May will both be 33 at start of next season. Massive key players to their formline.

Brayshaw obviously gone, lost 3rd in their B&F and good versatility in in ANB, Oliver very iffy, Petracca no certainty to return to top level form, Van Rooyen is their only KPF who will get best defender each week.

its very fragile at Melbourne I think.

I don't get the narrative of West Coast "snoozing and losing" with Barrass

Last I checked he was contracted for another 3 years. If Hawthorn don't pay up, West Coast won't release him
They got Battle, you'd have to wonder if they're questioning how important Barrass is for them going forward vs money and draft pick spend elsewhere

Agree it's a weird narrative, except it does cater to their audience

I don't get the narrative of West Coast "snoozing and losing" with Barrass

Last I checked he was contracted for another 3 years. If Hawthorn don't pay up, West Coast won't release him
The bias around from the Vic Media is incredible as i caught some FoxFooty tonight.

Barrass - West Coast should just accept unders... lol why when he is contracted?

Rioli - Gold Coast have plenty of picks so should just pay up #6 & #23... even though #6 alone is overs.

Houston - said he is a better player than Rioli... which he is, but Port should accept less than Rioli, even though contracted.

Smith - Dogs should accept unders with Cats 1st rounder as he is a risk. How? They must have Oliver on their mind.

They got Battle, you'd have to wonder if they're questioning how important Barrass is for them going forward vs money and draft pick spend elsewhere

Agree it's a weird narrative, except it does cater to their audience
Barrass is a much better player than Battle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back