Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Last edited:
Since we are playing the stats game, how many of Smiths disposals and metres gained were kick ins?

And it absolutely staggers me that anyone including you are even trying to build an argument for Smith who was horribly out of form replacing Nank after the showdown, even taking into account the unbelievable workload of 5 games of footy.

“Unquestionably poor year” - not average, not acceptable
But that early in the year the coaching staff would have had faith that he could bounce back. We had lost Milera - and Nank is not a driving force out of the back half (at this stage anyway)
Some players are critical to the way you are trying to play - Hinge started the year slowly, Milera did his knee, Smith was terrible - so Nank got a run of games from round 4 but can’t yet do what the other 3 can, provide bounce and penetration from the back half

But easier to completely blame the coach for the rubbish game plan even though key tools required to make it work by your own admission were terrible or absent. Why do you think we were desperate to get Cumming

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Unquestionably poor year” - not average, not acceptable
But that early in the year the coaching staff would have had faith that he could bounce back. We had lost Milera - and Nank is not a driving force out of the back half (at this stage anyway)
Some players are critical to the way you are trying to play - Hinge started the year slowly, Milera did his knee, Smith was terrible - so Nank got a run of games from round 4 but can’t yet do what the other 3 can, provide bounce and penetration from the back half

But easier to completely blame the coach for the rubbish game plan even though key tools required to make it work by your own admission were terrible or absent. Why do you think we were desperate to get Cumming

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So you agreed with making Nank sub after his Port game and replacing him with a horribly out of form Smith? What about Nicks getting Smith to a trigger and then dropping him?

Interesting you mention Milera who played round 1. Go watch the replay and tell me how many times he stopped, went behind the mark rather than play on which he’s known for?

Nicks didn’t know Smith was going to stink it up or Milera would get injured during preseason when they changed the gameplan to a stop start short kick possession game. The coaches and Dawson even admitted the focus on preseason had been defence.

And I’ve mentioned this a few times but I did have a long chat with a Crows official who said we had to change it as we couldn’t defend, this despite us ending up with the 9th best defence in 2023.

And this is an example of why posters like you are so annoying, make up bullshit excuses to defend the club when the blatant reality was there for you all to see. Even Wayne, Nicks no 1 man admitted he went rogue bonkers, want do you think we was referring to, putting salt in his coffee?

The young talent in their squad is very good and they're adding a pick 5 midfielder to that mix.

Pickett, Rivers, Van Rooyen, Bowey, Windsor, Tholstrup, Pick 5...

The hindrance is their coach
I think every side in the league has a list of kids equal to that.

Aging Max and May, loss of Brayshaw and ANB, possibly disinterested Pickett, who knows what level Petracca and Oliver are still capable of ... There's a lot of question marks there.

Imagine thinking Milera's presence is the difference between success and failure. God we have some delusional supporters.
Especially when we were 0-3 with him in the side lol.

wonder why we were hot on goad but not dodson

could it be that goads less than impressive first year at roos has put them off recruiting a developing ruck? well thats fine get Mutineer penry will no draft capital. But do something!

So you agreed with making Nank sub after his Port game and replacing him with a horribly out of form Smith? What about Nicks getting Smith to a trigger and then dropping him?

Interesting you mention Milera who played round 1. Go watch the replay and tell me how many times he stopped, went behind the mark rather than play on which he’s known for?

Nicks didn’t know Smith was going to stink it up or Milera would get injured during preseason when they changed the gameplan to a stop start short kick possession game. The coaches and Dawson even admitted the focus on preseason had been defence.

And I’ve mentioned this a few times but I did have a long chat with a Crows official who said we had to change it as we couldn’t defend, this despite us ending up with the 9th best defence in 2023.

And this is an example of why posters like you are so annoying, make up bullshit excuses to defend the club when the blatant reality was there for you all to see. Even Wayne, Nicks no 1 man admitted he went rogue bonkers, want do you think we was referring to, putting salt in his coffee?

The perception of Milera v reality is vastly different. He doesn't use his speed, he doesn't break lines, he doesn't take running bounces, he's turned into a weaponless disappointment. But I hope he gets another game.

That’s why you don’t lol at single stats in isolation

You look at metres gained, with DE and score involvements - that give you a picture of impact

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's probably a Champion Data only stat but I think there was some sort of effective metres gained stat or something like that. It only counted metres gained that ended in the ball being retained or not turned over or something. But I guess raw numbers are sexier so that's what the broadcasters always run with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your answer? How does giving it to the crowd help win?
Players like Rachelle draw strength from emotion and undoubtably play better when they are riding that wave. Momentum of the whole team can also definately shift through that process as well. Shane Warne in the 1999 World Cup semi and the amazing Adelaide test are prime examples. Not only Warnie started believing we could win but the whole team bought in, and conversely South Africa and England started to believe it too.

It’s a complex issue that could be debated for ever, but anyone saying players like that don’t affect the results of games is not being honest. On one hand we bemoan the “Crowbot” philosophy that Neil Craig brought in but then we try and control anyone that brings in a more of an emotion based style.

We can quibble about the player he is but it's undeniable that Milera has been a massive disappointment from a recruiting perspective. He was supposed to be an elite midfielder and our only real compensation for Danger after Noble went into full cuck mode. Now he's an unremarkable, injury prone role player in the most easily replaceable role in the side. What a disaster.

lol wrong. Dawson did target the goal celebration.

"How does giving it to port supporters in the crowd help us win" was his exact quote.

You have no argument

You need to provide full context

Dawson and the club has repeatedly said that they love Rash celebrations and the angry his goal celebrations gives the team

However - this isn’t really hard to understand

The media comments about bad teeth went too far, it was not only disrespectful to port but also to people in the community that may have either media issues. Drug addictions or low income to be able to properly car for their health

The club and leadership players prior to the game asked Rash - not to do a teeth goal celebration which he gave the club and teammates the commitment that he wouldn’t do so.

No matter how you look at this - people need to stop treating Rash that he’s the victim - he’s a big boy and knows he not only over stepped the mark in terms of what is tasteful and not tasteful- but he broke his commitment to his team mates

I now don’t live in Adelaide and I get the opportunity to see up close so many sporting rivalries - I believe, and I see this with my friends back in Adelaide that the rivalry in recent years between port and crows fan has gone too feral - and this is why many people are not seeing the true issue with Rash media comments and goal celebration - it was in poor taste.

Carlton and Collingwood have a huge rivalry - when has a Carlton player taking a public pot shot of Collingwood supporters teeth - NEVER

If people actually believe that strong cultured clubs like Sydney wouldn’t make a strong public statement - you kidding yourself - that’s why it doesn’t happen at Sydney- it’s why they have a strong culture

Honestly - time to move on

Dawson and the club has repeatedly said that they love Rash celebrations and the angry his goal celebrations gives the team

The media comments about bad teeth went too far, it was not only disrespectful to port but also to people in the community that may have either media issues. Drug addictions or low income to be able to properly car for their health

The club and leadership players prior to the game asked Rash - not to do a teeth goal celebration which he gave the club and teammates the commitment that he wouldn’t do so.

No matter how you look at this - people need to stop treating Rash that he’s the victim - he’s a big boy and knows he not only over stepped the mark in terms of what is tasteful and not tasteful- but he broke his commitment to his team mates

I now don’t live in Adelaide and I get the opportunity to see up close so many sporting rivalries - I believe, and I see this with my friends back in Adelaide that the rivalry in recent years between port and crows fan has gone too feral - and this is why many people are not seeing the true issue with Rash media comments and goal celebration - it was in poor taste.

Carlton and Collingwood have a huge rivalry - when has a Carlton player taking a public pot shot of Collingwood supporters teeth - NEVER

If people actually believe that strong cultured clubs like Sydney wouldn’t make a strong public statement - you kidding yourself - that’s why it doesn’t happen at Sydney- it’s why they have a strong culture

The entire side surrendering in pathetic and predictable fashion after the Rankine hit should have been the main talking point after the showdown.

Even leadership group players like Fog lost the plot.

Warner is a complete FIGJAM tosser every week and no one says a thing from their leadership. Hawthorn let Ginnivan and the Wiz express themselves however they liked and they had a great season.

The bottom line with your comments are that Rach said what he did with a big smile, which means it’s a joke, it’s comedy, and there is absolutely nothing you can’t joke about. If you relate comedy to real world like drug addiction then you will end up with no free speech left in the world at all.

And Carlton supporters and players have joked about Collingwood supporters being toothless bogans for ever, did you ever watch the footy show?

We can quibble about the player he is but it's undeniable that Milera has been a massive disappointment from a recruiting perspective. He was supposed to be an elite midfielder and our only real compensation for Danger after Noble went into full cuck mode. Now he's an unremarkable, injury prone role player in the most easily replaceable role in the side. What a disaster.
Yeah injuries haven’t helped, but also being moved around consistently in his first 3-4 years when he should have been allowed to develop in 1 role and grow from there was also a factor, he showed really promising signs at HB in 2018, but then would get moved out to accommodate Mackay, which is still mind boggling from Pyke.

It's probably a Champion Data only stat but I think there was some sort of effective metres gained stat or something like that. It only counted metres gained that ended in the ball being retained or not turned over or something. But I guess raw numbers are sexier so that's what the broadcasters always run with.
Isnt it if it goes to a contest? Which is why it should be a null stat for a kick out

I think every side in the league has a list of kids equal to that.

Aging Max and May, loss of Brayshaw and ANB, possibly disinterested Pickett, who knows what level Petracca and Oliver are still capable of ... There's a lot of question marks there.
They look like getting in a pretty slippery small forward/utility Ricky Mentha through their NT NGA zone, looked decent for Gippy Power and the couple of Allies games he played. Likely get him for nought as a rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back