Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, yours was just a very odd post.

We're helping out ANB, and frankly Melbourne as well.

They want to do their right thing for player welfare, and we're coming to the party to assist.

We don't need to pay full price for a player we didn't even pursue.

It's fine for us to take on all of the salary that Melbourne owes him - but it can't be that Melbourne gets a draft pick haul as well.

What he is worth is a very late second or a third. Anything else is an overpay.

Your failure to read a post without jumping around putting words in someone's mouth doesn't make it odd.

If you aren't sure, ask the question. Don't jump to ridiculous conclusions its embarrassing.

Your failure to read a post without jumping around putting words in someone's mouth doesn't make it odd.

If you aren't sure, ask the question. Don't jump to ridiculous conclusions its embarrassing.
Sorry, your opinion seemed odd. Or at least it seemed to be missing some pretty obvious caveats.

You said Melbourne has done enough morally by releasing him, they didn't have to accept unders.

Sure - except they've already said they're selling something, before putting a price on it. And they're trying to get a return from a buyer that didn't actually express any previous interest in what they're selling.

Basic supply and demand shows that they are in a difficult spot to demand much.

We're going to accept his $500k+ contract. That's the favour we're doing Melbourne. The price will recognise that.

Sorry, your opinion seemed odd. Or at least it seemed to be missing some pretty obvious caveats.

You said Melbourne has done enough morally by releasing him, they didn't have to accept unders.

Sure - except they've already said they're selling something, before putting a price on it. And they're trying to get a return from a buyer that didn't actually express any previous interest in what they're selling.

Basic supply and demand shows that they are in a difficult spot to demand much.

We're going to accept his $500k+ contract. That's the favour we're doing Melbourne. The price will recognise that.

I didnt actually put any type of draft pick or contract value on it.

I was responding to several posters who seemed to think Adelaide's intent should be to deliberately undercut the situation and by inference play hard ball in that respect and that Melbourne will be bound to accept that tactic.

All I said was that Melbourne shouldn't be compelled to get ripped off completely.

All I said was that in a deal like this both parties acting in good faith is the ideal outcome. If Melbourne are happy to sell at a discount great. If the contract is factored in then great.

Nowhere did I ever say Adelaide needed to overpay. Adelaide don't even need to take him.

I didnt actually put any type of draft pick or contract value on it.

I was responding to several posters who seemed to think Adelaide's intent should be to deliberately undercut the situation and by inference play hard ball in that respect and that Melbourne will be bound to accept that tactic.

All I said was that Melbourne shouldn't be compelled to get ripped off completely.

All I said was that in a deal like this both parties acting in good faith is the ideal outcome. If Melbourne are happy to sell at a discount great. If the contract is factored in then great.

Nowhere did I ever say Adelaide needed to overpay. Adelaide don't even need to take him.
ANB is the one that needs to take unders here.
Two clubs are being put out because of his decision to not honor a contract

Can you believe the year they won the GF by 80-90 points they brought in FOUR FIRST ROUNDERS - unprecedented:

• Bowes on a salary dump (clearly the flag fave normally has huge amt of spare salary cap)
  • Pick 7 as part of Bowes
  • Bruhn from GWS
  • Henry from Pies for way unders (will kick around 75-80 goals over his first 2 years at Cats)

You couldnt make this shit up

But they are so professional to deal with. good operators! FFS

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ANB is the one that needs to take unders here.
Two clubs are being put out because of his decision to not honor a contract
Yes, that's right however harsh it sounds.
I don't know the circumstances of why he wants back to Adelaide but no doubt he feels he has no choice. This has resulted in him effectively resigning from his job to move interstate. His employer (MFC) will try to extract what value they can.

Our only role in this is to either accept or decline the ANB $$ demand and the MFC trade deal. No obligation on us.

All that said, I think he would be a handy pickup if his head and his heart are fully in the game. It sounds like there's a traumatic story unfolding away from the public gaze. Is he going to be the player he was before being forced to make such a sudden and undesired life choice?

I hope he is okay and that coming to a supportive Adelaide FC is a great success in this life transition.

...And he kicks 25 goals next year as Murphy's replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like ANB would retire if he can't be traded to South Australia and forgo his contract. Therefore whatever Melbourne get for him is a bonus for them. And whatever cash ANB gets is a bonus for him. I'd say a future 3rd gets the job done.
I’ve not paid any attention to this whatsoever so I don’t know the “family reasons.”

Surely no one at 28 walks away from a multi year afl contract. Unless he has a law degree or something.

Sounds like ANB would retire if he can't be traded to South Australia and forgo his contract. Therefore whatever Melbourne get for him is a bonus for them. And whatever cash ANB gets is a bonus for him. I'd say a future 3rd gets the job done.
A 3rd rounder id very fair imho and it's a value that's shows good faith

What does this mean? ANB is “little choppy”?

And Luko - how would Power get the deal done after giving away most of your picks on premium KPD/rucks? Not sure why Luko would want Power either to be frank
Little choppy is Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back