Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, few players have the versatility of Borlase. He's the worst tall defender option AND the worst tall forward option.
Except that he's not the worst tall forward option. As bad as he is (and he really is awful), he's still a better tall forward option than Burgess or Gollant.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure the club would have come out on the front foot and said something disputing the news report. But then again this club isn't the most proactive so who knows!

Except that he's not the worst tall forward option. As bad as he is (and he really is awful), he's still a better tall forward option than Burgess or Gollant.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Better defender than them both.

Gollant is the better forward.

Dits said he toured port but nothing suggesting he was choosing them

In fact he categorically said hs word is he will go wherever is best for him whether that’s in SA or not (think then mentioned the pies interest)

So the report add no weight to where he’s going, just confirms he’s looking
Pies were interested when they thought it would be a Bowes situation...

Imagine the collingwood convo with GC

Collingwood:- 'Hi first round pick we would love you to come to Collingwood...oh and if that means we have to take lukosius on our list so be it'

GC:- ' ahhh yeah ahem, its not a bowes salary dum...... (beep beep beep)...Collingwood, are you still there?..hello?'

That could be code for Luko came and looked, realised he would need to get tatts all over him and said no.

A bowes situation is bullshit reason to pull out because they have zero cap space still. Luko said no. Will either return to SA or stay.

Imagine the collingwood convo with GC

Collingwood:- 'Hi first round pick we would love you to come to Collingwood...oh and if that means we have to take lukosius on our list so be it'

GC:- ' ahhh yeah ahem, its not a bowes salary dum...... (beep beep beep)...Collingwood, are you still there?..hello?'
The thing is this is a Bowes scenario. Never going to get the Cats treatment, but either he's great trade value to take on the $1m pa salary or he stays which will have consequences for Hardwick's plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the club would have come out on the front foot and said something disputing the news report. But then again this club isn't the most proactive so who knows!
The club would rather a festering turd sit on the doorstep rather than clean it up

And it's not a Bowes situation how?
It is a similar scenario for sure (read my last post), but it won't be like the 1st rounder offered to the Cats which makes it different.

Yeah saw that said here yesterday

I’m more just highlighting that people turning reports of him touring port into bring reports he is port bound are off the mark, since the exact report of him touring port explicitly said it didn’t mean he was heading there

Yeah saw that said here yesterday

I’m more just highlighting that people turning reports of him touring port into bring reports he is port bound are off the mark, since the exact report of him touring port explicitly said it didn’t mean he was heading there
A player should look at all his options...

Is there any real traction with the Burgo rumor other than "Carlton would like him"? He came back here for his family, is paid really well, not getting younger (different priorities) ...I don't know. Not saying we're smashing the lights out as a club right now, so can understand if he did leave, just not buying it yet...

Is there any real traction with the Burgo rumor other than "Carlton would like him"? He came back here for his family, is paid really well, not getting younger (different priorities) ...I don't know. Not saying we're smashing the lights out as a club right now, so can understand if he did leave, just not buying it yet...
Maybe he's finally understood what he's working with here and realises that attaching your career to this shitshow isn't exactly a good thing?

Rumor was said to be false on triple M before said he is with the Crows for 2025 (Roo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back