Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

100%. Neither you, or I or ANYONE has said Craig is the sole reason we won the flags. 'Talk about extreme'. I actually said Blight was the number one reason but Craig was integral to the flags with his fitness regime (and you have heard Blight say the same thing). Why would Blight lie about this? Thats right, he wouldnt.

This forum is like being in a US election debate at times with the lies and shit some spin. As another poster said Blight AND Craig AND others (Doctor etc) can all be materially responsible but nobody thinks its solely Craig. I am trying to work out the sentiments and motivations of those that refuse to give Craig credit - its totally illogical and extreme - but everyone sees the world differently I suppose
yeh it sounds very personal and most of its going over my head because i don't understand the background of the hatred for craigy. so i'm staying out of it even though I was somehow dragged into it.

I hate seeing any Crows official use the word 'Aggressive' when referring to the offseason for the AFC. They clearly have 0 concept of what that word means or entails.

Aggressive with regards to list management would have been calling time on Tex and Smith (as good as they have been), followed by immediately delisting at least 5 players the Monday after our season was done.

Aggressive with trading would be going to the likes of Finn Callaghan, Will Day, Chad Warner etc and telling them we will pay them DOUBLE. Imagine being told you could earn DOUBLE your salary by doing the exact same job with a competitor. You would absolutely do it even if it meant moving.

Aggressive with regards to coaching (in the absence of doing the obvious and sacking Nicks) would have been for Silvers to say to VB, Burns and Kelly 'thanks for your services' and coming out telling the club we will be on the hunt to secure some quality senior assistants and a new Football GM. 'Send your resumes to me as we will be paying the best $ in the league' - screw the VFL soft cap garbage rules.

Sure - we may or may not have done some of the above behind the scenes, but its time to put our money where our mouths are and do something that remotely looks 'aggressive'. Ive yet to see it.

yeh it sounds very personal and most of its going over my head because i don't understand the background of the hatred for craigy. so i'm staying out of it even though I was somehow dragged into it.
Craigy had/has his faults, preparing his players and squads physically was not one of them.

Sport is all about peaking at the right time.

Olympic athletes train to be at the peak of their fitness and form at the exact moments to ensure maximum chances of success in the big events (worlds, olympics, comm games etc.).

I remember being told around the time of the 97/98 that the bulk of the credit behind the scenes for the 97/98 GF victories was given to Neil Craig who had the team peak at exactly the tight time.. scrape into the final 8 but with a team on the cusp of top fitness and form.

most of the credit from joe public obviously went to Blighty..

Tassie appeals as there is zero expectations for win / loss.

I think Bucks would only go around again to get a flag. He has never won one? Asa key part he was an assistant from memory

I don’t think he would coach for any other reason. Big VIC based media personality - he isn’t going to get paid much more to coach

Success would be the only reason ( unless the AFL paid him an ambassadorial wage for Tassie)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate seeing any Crows official use the word 'Aggressive' when referring to the offseason for the AFC. They clearly have 0 concept of what that word means or entails.

Aggressive with regards to list management would have been calling time on Tex and Smith (as good as they have been), followed by immediately delisting at least 5 players the Monday after our season was done.

Aggressive with trading would be going to the likes of Finn Callaghan, Will Day, Chad Warner etc and telling them we will pay them DOUBLE. Imagine being told you could earn DOUBLE your salary by doing the exact same job with a competitor. You would absolutely do it even if it meant moving.

Aggressive with regards to coaching (in the absence of doing the obvious and sacking Nicks) would have been for Silvers to say to VB, Burns and Kelly 'thanks for your services' and coming out telling the club we will be on the hunt to secure some quality senior assistants and a new Football GM. 'Send your resumes to me as we will be paying the best $ in the league' - screw the VFL soft cap garbage rules.

Sure - we may or may not have done some of the above behind the scenes, but its time to put our money where our mouths are and do something that remotely looks 'aggressive'. Ive yet to see it.
I think you're missing the meaning of "aggressive" .....you can be aggressive in sport or business, and still not win

Was the offer to Gulden being aggressive .....it certainly was a very unlike Crows move ....so IMO that was out of character

What about the Oliver play .....I call that an aggressive move

I think Bucks would only go around again to get a flag. He has never won one? Asa key part he was an assistant from memory

I don’t think he would coach for any other reason. Big VIC based media personality - he isn’t going to get paid much more to coach

Success would be the only reason ( unless the AFL paid him an ambassadorial wage for Tassie)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not sure that would be his driving motivation .....it was IMO, to coach his beloved COLL

Can he muster the same dedication for another Club ....doubt it, otherwise he would have hopped back into the Coaches chair by now

to be fair on player acquisition they tried to be agressive but couldnt get any matches on tinder. so we are left with targets others dont want to fill roles

on coaching again the media are saying they having trouble getting better coaching candidates to move states (because its not the top job because we keeping nix)

Yeah, they are confusing aggressive & passive.

Actions speaks louder than words...

Neil Craig left the Crows in 1999 to join the Olympic cycling team. The Crows went downhill that year.

End of 1999 and he returned 1 year later. He was gone for 1 season. The cult of Neil remains strong in so many. Neil was a good coach, not good enough on match day or tactically in terms of adjusting for specific opposition. He was able to work us very hard to gain a fitness edge in 1997/1998, but the genius behind it was Doctor Brian Sando. Craig's training methods broke a lot of players in the following years. The credit he receives for those flags is overstated. Just look at the rest of his history, failure everywhere he went.

I think you're missing the meaning of "aggressive" .....you can be aggressive in sport or business, and still not win

Was the offer to Gulden being aggressive .....it certainly was a very unlike Crows move ....so IMO that was out of character

What about the Oliver play .....I call that an aggressive move
You need to get a grasp of "ineffective" & "incompetent".

If you are effective & competent you find a way of getting it done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You saw him coach the Saints right...
it cracked me up because remember when kochie cracked the shits at a journo for saying port adelaide power rather than port power or port adelaide football club. like seriously who cares....

anyway imagine his 🤬 if a journo ie tim says port adelaide crows
🤣🤣🤣

it cracked me up because remember when kochie cracked the shits at a journo for saying port adelaide power rather than port power or port adelaide football club. like seriously who cares....

🤣🤣🤣
Well Biden called Zelnskyy Putin on the world stage.

Yeah, they are confusing aggressive & passive.

Actions speaks louder than words...
Tried but didn't land the big fish in the last few years (also including the Oliver play last year) like we did with Dawson and Rankine the previous years, now we will "aggressively" give up a F1 for Lukosius who we clearly targeted since he was drafted by GCS.

Tried but didn't land the big fish in the last few years (also including the Oliver play last year) like we did with Dawson and Rankine the previous years, now we will "aggressively" give up a F1 for Lukosius who we clearly targeted since he was drafted by GCS.
There is smart aggressive - Dawson & Rankine.

Dumb aggressive - Gibbs.

🤣🤣🤣
They do, a lot.
It halts the false narrative that they are the same club, they spend thousands trying to make people believe this.
One of Nicks’ finest moments was calling them Port Power ! He knows how it irks them.

Aggressive would also be delisting a bunch of players who are never going to make it. McHenry, Jones, Shoenberg, Hamill, Himmelberg, Parnell, Burgess, Gollant etc. We know where their limits are, and its solid SANFL standard. If any of those players play AFL next year, you know we are in trouble.

Clear the decks of the deadwood and aggressively approach some young talent with more upside.

End of 1999 and he returned 1 year later. He was gone for 1 season. The cult of Neil remains strong in so many. Neil was a good coach, not good enough on match day or tactically in terms of adjusting for specific opposition. He was able to work us very hard to gain a fitness edge in 1997/1998, but the genius behind it was Doctor Brian Sando. Craig's training methods broke a lot of players in the following years. The credit he receives for those flags is overstated. Just look at the rest of his history, failure everywhere he went.
So when did Docs magic wear out?

Never...by way of example look at balme's magic all these years later and we as a club could still greatly benefit from it. Bet you never would have thought that back in your day when he would send you guys out to beat up the opposition...and then play footy😉
seagulls GIF
Not me

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back