Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They definitely get credit for bringing in JHF, who was a #1 pick only 1 year into his career. However, I'm not sure whether that counts as using a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft (when JHF was originally selected), or 2022 (when Port added them to their list). I suspect the latter, but I'm not 100% certain.

They picked Josh Sinn in the 2021 AFL draft with pick 12.

The majority of the worst ones favour Geelong.
I wonder how many trades they have done that favoured non-Victorian clubs?
It’s almost like they have been set up as a development and feeder club for Victorian teams.
I still remember when everyone was bending over GWS on trades, we paid full tote odds for that spud Curtly Hampton who played a handful of games for us including one of the worst individual performances in crows colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They definitely get credit for bringing in JHF, who was a #1 pick only 1 year into his career. However, I'm not sure whether that counts as using a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft (when JHF was originally selected), or 2022 (when Port added them to their list). I suspect the latter, but I'm not 100% certain.
That's definitely a trade not taking a draft selection
Port cannot trade their F1 now without trading back in an F1 for 2024 or 2025 - unless they appeal AFL rule

That’s Tex

Staring George Costanza GIF

Port cannot trade their F1 now without trading back in an F1 for 2024 or 2025 - unless they appeal AFL rule
The rule is in place to stop teams destroying their list profile by swapping all their pics for mature players.

They've shown in the past that if the club brings in young players with the traded pics that they will waive the rule. JHF being a 2nd year player when brought it, Powa would appeal based on that and be successful.

That's definitely a trade not taking a draft selection
Yes, they obtained him via trade. However, because he was a VERY recent 1st round pick (only 12 months in the system), it counts towards the number of 1st round pick window.

Yes, they obtained him via trade. However, because he was a VERY recent 1st round pick (only 12 months in the system), it counts towards the number of 1st round pick window.
Ive heard twomey say port cannot trade their F1 this year without appealing AFL rule. As for the above not sure about that. That is a rule to do with the draft, and as JHF was traded I cannot see how that would be linked unless by special exemption they got from AFL (possible but I dont remember this being granted).

Port did appeal the trading of F1 and F2 fron the same draft and were given an exemption to do that once I remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back