Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who believes anything said by callers on 5AA should not even be allowed control of a TV remote.
I know multiple Port supporters who love nothing more than to ring 5AA and spread made up stories. Most of the time they pretend to be Crows supporters.
Spot on !!!!

I've heard a rumours there is some player issues between Hinge and Nankervis causing a few young players to be disgruntled....

Hinge is a bit of a prick not happy with young player efforts and standards, it seems the coaching has lost trust of some of the younger one's in the group backing in players like Hinge.

One piece of second hand info I received was that Keane told quite a few members of the playing group he was staying with the crows before he went to Ireland. The club gave its blessing for him to go across before the final game based on this.

The source also told me that the playing group is actually quite united, leads me to believe that 5AA caller Shaun was taking rubbish.

If this is true though it makes our list management decisions quite interesting. As I mentioned before Chris burgess has a contract for this year, this doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t delist and pay him out.
1725075346553.png

Last edited:
But they're not scrutinised.

The opinions of half a dozen posters on here wouldn't even enter their world.

There's probably a dozen reasons that would impact them more.

"Hey, my player got 90% of the B&F votes that the winner did, but only gets paid half as much. We need to renegotiate this deal."

Unless that is the kind of scrutiny you mean?

The reason this is an echo chamber is the opinions bounce around here and seem louder than they are. It's not reality.
So why have they stopped since we have been shit?

No one leaned on the Coaches ....Coaches come from a variety of perspectives, and they can vary in a few weeks, and where the season is positioned

None of us know what those talks entailed ....but I can guarantee the public had no part to play

Could have been ....initially we want to teach Curtin to defend, of course they're also experimenting with roles ......no-one gets it right ....how many failed FWD's have suddenly become DEF out of either need or desperation .....Rutten was a classic

Then, getting back on point ...it may have been about another "experimental" role

This board was saying Midfield or Defender ....my calls for him as a potential FWD after Tex retired was decried (again) ....FWD / MID seems the go

Did anyone think Bond deserved a game .....did anyone suggest he have a MID tagging role ....Coaches, and there's enough of them, inc development Coaches, have minds too ....and a hell of a lot more actual experience
So you believe Nicks came up with "Brodie is a big part of our future" completely independent of outside comment

That's... something.

So you believe Nicks came up with "Brodie is a big part of our future" completely independent of outside comment

That's... something.
I think people are taking something said to the media too seriously.
What's he supposed to say? "Yeah, Smith is a worry. We need to get rid of him"?
He's always going to support and promote his players.
It was a meaningless thing to say and he's certainly not going to tell the media what's going on in the inner circle.

It was a meaningless thing to say and he's certainly not going to tell the media what's going on in the inner circle.
Not me... much of the media I ignore (the click bait attention seekers) & never assume what they are saying has a semblance of truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can say his leadership is valuable

Instead he went overboard in his gushings to offset the public comment that Smith was finished

whats happening with bond? very quiet. OOC and we desperately need the list spot yet nix bragged about how good he was.... and kept playing him.
If any on the rumoured players we are into are correct, and we are going to use the maximum amount of draft picks we can, you'd think he's going to be delisted? Can't see how we will open up the list spots we need for our targets. Strange if that's what we do to Bond.

He can say his leadership is valuable

Instead he went overboard in his gushings to offset the public comment that Smith was finished
Sorry, but you're going completely over the top with this.

Nothing is less relevant than anything said at a press conference. It's just feeding the chooks.

Nothing is less relevant than anything said at a press conference. It's just feeding the chooks.
?

Nicks doesn't think Smith is a big part of our future. He knows he's nearly done, that's why he dropped him.

What he said was obviously meaningless and not reflected by his own selections. Future Smith won't be given a 2+ year deal either

So why did Nicks bother? And why did he say that specifically? Why not some other equally meaningless praise?

He said what he said specifically because of the public comments around Smith at the time. The club is acutely aware of public sentiment, they are defensive, sensitive to criticism.

The mindset that the club "wouldn't care" about outside opinions is misguided. If they're winning they don't care. If they're losing they are at the very least strongly aware of what is being said and take steps to minimise criticism.

?

Nicks doesn't think Smith is a big part of our future. He knows he's nearly done, that's why he dropped him.

What he said was obviously meaningless and not reflected by his own selections. Future Smith won't be given a 2+ year deal either

So why did Nicks bother? And why did he say that specifically? Why not some other equally meaningless praise?

He said what he said specifically because of the public comments around Smith at the time. The club is acutely aware of public sentiment, they are defensive, sensitive to criticism.

The mindset that the club "wouldn't care" about outside opinions is misguided. If they're winning they don't care. If they're losing they are at the very least strongly aware of what is being said and take steps to minimise criticism.
I'm surprised people still listen to his press conferences. Everything is just a word salad with him.

Rahilly was the only coach we've had in more recent times worth listening to.

?

Nicks clearly lied in the press conference, which is another example of his stupidity as it just reduces his credibility.

?

In part I think this is because the club constantly comes across as reactive

By all reports most of the list had good pre-seasons, individually and collectively (well up until the last few weeks)

I doubt anyone had even considered Smith's form falling off of a cliff, particularly when you consider so many players starting the season seemingly out of form

Except for when they conform to your way of thinking

Roo saying on radio no he is staying. Seems to be contracted and we are holding him to contract (even if he is wanting out) is my take on things,

As for the other playing Burgess who apparently is contracted, I reckon we are going to pay him out and keep Berg instead
I would've thought Darren Burgess is simply an employee of the club.

You can't 'hold' an employee to an employment contract. If he wants to go, he'll go.

So you condone Nicks using press conferences to blatantly tell lies?

In part I think this is because the club constantly comes across as reactive

By all reports most of the list had good pre-seasons, individually and collectively (well up until the last few weeks)

I doubt anyone had even considered Smith's form falling off of a cliff, particularly when you consider so many players starting the season seemingly out of form
Smiths form was actually sliding last season… and he’s never been the same player he was before he did his knee at the end of 2017.. that knee injury took away his one great weapon.. his accurate and supreme long range kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back