Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

a really experienced team would have stopped playing until it was reviewed. i can see selwood and dangerfield charge towards the central umpire to make sure it got checked for example

Stopped playing while Swans have the ball? How does that work exactly? Let them walk up the other end and kick a goal...?

Some people should have their keyboards revoked.

In the press conference on the morning after McLachlan said if reviewed it would have been overturned for what its worth - easy to say in hindsight I suppose

He's not going to say that after an umpire screwed the pooch his review system was going to repeat the error. I do think the review would have taken the time to get it right. Especially that late in a very close game, he'd have taken as long as was required.

Despite having a new name, I am a previous poster that got slammed to share insight and rumours.

Most gossip is 3rd hand rumours that can't be confirmed as truth. However, I try to share a consolidated assumption of the pieces of information that come to the table to add to a discussion whilst we all await for off-season actual outcomes.

The list:
1. The AFC are looking to add maturity to our SANFL program to help development, I assume some desisted mature players.
2. The AFC highest priority is adding a top-level midfielder to the list, C.Oliver is a name I have heard is not just media spin.
4. There is interest in an Essendon young midfielder but Richmond in a better box seat but in general Essendon gets mentioned a fair bit (Unsure why).
5. Mark Keane 5 year deal on table

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app
What happened to 3?

Personally I don't believe it.

More likely we got KG's advice...
spot on. we are stingy and there is no evidence of retaining KC/QC in the annual statements

we thought, and maybe this came through in the football dept that well finals didnt matter cos we will EASILY make it next year

Not sure about that

It’s been well reported we offered 10 years @ 1.5m = 15m. The biggest contract offer in VFl/AFL history.

The security of that long term deal knowing you have 15m coming your way assuming you uphold contractual obligations would be impossible for Swans to offer him the same level of total security that our deal did. And he still said no.
He actually said it himself.

Time constraints don't come into play at all ......it was simply that the Goal Ump, didn't call for a review ....so that's the end of it, Umpires call

Now ...IIRC and I could be wrong ..there was one situation this season, whereby the field umpire, requested the goal umpire get a review .....so I'm sure field umps can "suggest" things to goalies

I get all of that, however that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was talking about the hypothetical situation if that goal was sent for a review. I was saying that the ARC would have time constraints to make a decision and wouldn't have the luxury to sit there and be able to over analyse it for 10 minutes and that I'm not 100% convinced that the call from the ARC wouldn't have been umpires call.

It seems like now a days it's hard to get any decent player based on money and contract length. Bassically all clubs have money or just find a way and clubs don't blink at giving long term contracts.

The hardest part is having the trade capital to get deals done.

I get all of that, however that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was talking about the hypothetical situation if that goal was sent for a review. I was saying that the ARC would have time constraints to make a decision and wouldn't have the luxury to sit there and be able to over analyse it for 10 minutes and that I'm not 100% convinced that the call from the ARC wouldn't have been umpires call.
It wasn’t a call that required much analysis …. 20-30 similar calls every week

And i’ve never heard of any umpire in the Arc saying “ this is going to take too long “ … we’ll just flip the monkey back onto the umpires shoulders

The only way anyone is going to get that result overturned is if it was the last kick of the game.

Its no different to losing due to any other incorrect call, like Dawson getting a whack to the nose against Collingwood, or Draper lying on the footy this year.
Kinda feel it's way past the time move on from that from that clusterf*ck

There will be more swings and roundabouts in the future

You'd imagine Lukosius want to compare PORT to the CROWS

1. What would a Contract amount & length look like
2. Which Club can get the trade done

Until Port finish Finals, he can't do that comparison
Wonder if Tex re-signing for another year altered his thought process?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been trying to work out what came first - chicken or egg

Did Tex get a contract because we felt Luko got cold feet or did Luko get cold feet and we went with Tex for 1 more

Maybe ….. I thought Port had a greater need, and IMO Curtin is a better option

That said, Gorgiades, and Marshall are similar types playing style, and physically ??

I can’t imagine all 3 in that Port fwd line …. but then i can’t imagine Lukosius in ours either

Ive been trying to work out what came first - chicken or egg

Did Tex get a contract because we felt Luko got cold feet or did Luko get cold feet and we went with Tex for 1 more
FFS Luko replaces Gollants spot on list not Walkers or C Burgess. whatever.

ps does the rooster go with the hen or chicken?

You'd imagine Lukosius want to compare PORT to the CROWS

1. What would a Contract amount & length look like
2. Which Club can get the trade done

Until Port finish Finals, he can't do that comparison

Yes he can

List management talk to players and put their position on the table 365 days per year

List managers are their for player acquisitions, they are not preparing the team to play finals

Port will have an offer in front of Perryman, as we do with Cummings

If both clubs are strongly linked to Luko then he would have early sight of what port and adelaide are prepared to offer in terms of contract, and role

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back