Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So what. Sydney played garbage for some of that game as well. Our shitty play is not somehow more worthy of punishment than theirs.

Fact is it should have been a goal and was a massive piece of institutional inincompetence.
Fact is we left ourselves vulnerable to an umpiring error (of which there are numerous every game) through our own dismal play.

Another fact, that when faced with expectation this year we produced remarkably similar football to our first half Swans performance.

I know it's easier to blame the goal umpire but only a perennial loser would do so.

Can't believe people are still wondering where Lukosius would play at AFC. "Not sure he fits". I mean, our squad is so stacked.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Ive been trying to work out what came first - chicken or egg

Did Tex get a contract because we felt Luko got cold feet or did Luko get cold feet and we went with Tex for 1 more
I think Tex was always going to get another year. Once we let it go past the last home game we were obviously going to re sign him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did have an impact on Luko's decision though. He was reported to be leaving the suns as he wants to play forward. With Tex, Fog and RT all up forward next year, there isn't much room for Luko. He would likely be playing further up the ground if he comes to us.

we got five
butts
murray
worrell
keane
curtin (possibly one day if not mid)

we dont need 6
borlase

clearly not getting luko

Worrell not suited to play as a genuine KPD, he should develop into more a Tom Stewart role, I’m also not keen to see Curtin play in a genuine KPD role unless needed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is we left ourselves vulnerable to an umpiring error (of which there are numerous every game) through our own dismal play.

Another fact, that when faced with expectation this year we produced remarkably similar football to our first half Swans performance.

I know it's easier to blame the goal umpire but only a perennial loser would do so.
That is an insane position to take...as if we are expected to be 10 goals up in every game like other sides don't also play good footy against us. Sydney played great footy 1st half and we did 2nd half and were completely robbed by something that should have been reviewed and then overturned there and then when the field umpires who had ultimate discretion to recall play once they realised our entire side were up in arms about the non goal call.

Really? I'm pretty easy going but delisting people via text would be something that, if true, would be very disappointing and concerning to me.

Without knowing the full story I won't get too phased by it though.
Probably forgot to mention Jimmy not fronting up to his exit interview....

No Intel in this, but highly likely he knew he wasn't going to retained so didn't bother going into the club for it.

That is an insane position to take...as if we are expected to be 10 goals up in every game like other sides don't also play good footy against us. Sydney played great footy 1st half and we did 2nd half and were completely robbed by something that should have been overturned there and then when the field umpires who had ultimate discretion to recall play once they realised our entire side were up in arms about the non goal call.
Control what you can control

We can't control a last second umpiring decision. We can control our performance across the whole game. Heck, we control our selection and sub choice too.

Blame needs to be apportioned in the right place.

Our performances this season when faced with opportunity bore an uncanny resemblance to our Swans first half. Without any goal umpire howlers. Almost as though the problem was us all along.

Control what you can control

We can't control a last second umpiring decision. We can control our performance across the whole game. Heck, we control our selection and sub choice too.

Blame needs to be apportioned in the right place.

Our performances this season when faced with opportunity bore an uncanny resemblance to our Swans first half. Without any goal umpire howlers. Almost as though the problem was us all along.
Thats a strawman though as whilst we can control what we can control, we can't control if the opposition literally play better than us for part of the match in what is a very very competitive league. The simple fact here is that were were completely robbed of what was 45 seconds away from a win that gave us a huge chance to play finals ad as we saw this year, you can't just roll on and expect next year you will play finals and we might not now play finals for years to come potentially. So its the there and then nature of a completely fixable error on the field that killed us

Can't believe people are still wondering where Lukosius would play at AFC. "Not sure he fits". I mean, our squad is so stacked.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

If you're using that logic..... he's just been dropped by a team 2 spots above us on the ladder and his coach is pushing him out.

Probably forgot to mention Jimmy not fronting up to his exit interview....

No Intel in this, but highly likely he knew he wasn't going to retained so didn't bother going into the club for it.
That's a bit shit Jimmy. Football life is weird. If I'm getting paid 200k a year (what was he on?), I'm attending the exit interview even if it's bad news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back