Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I see it as Luko is a nice to have player, play between the arcs and great kick. But if we miss him its far from terminal. What would be an awful look is announcing to the world we will be active traders and ending up with burgess last year and ANB this year only with the number of higher profile players mooted to be available.

IF thats how it pans out, then a full broom through the recruitment team and coaching team is not just needed but of the highest importance as our club really will need a full reset off field

I see it as Luko is a nice to have player, play between the arcs and great kick. But if we miss him its far from terminal. What would be an awful look is announcing to the world we will be active traders and ending up with burgess last year and ANB this year only with the number of higher profile players mooted to be available.

IF thats how it pans out, then a full broom through the recruitment team and coaching team is not just needed but of the highest importance as our club really will need a full reset off field
Lukosius was out of the blue and there's no way we chased ANB whereas we likely put a lot of work with Cummings so if he chose Port Power as some seem to think than that's a big fail.

IMO unless he is prepared to play wing there is no spot for him. I would like to see him on the wing with a license to attack. burgess builds his tank and then he doesnt need to compete so much in the air in F50
Would be a perfect classy goal-kicking wingman.

We do probably need four KPDs on the list

That said, signing Borlase for more than one year is baffling if Keane's staying
Our tall backs keep dropping like flies. Borlase is solid depth. Good choice to sign him. Would be pretty cheap insurance.

Why? He’d be cheap and you can’t go with only 3 kpd on a squad surely?
I’d draft one either this year or next rather than sign Borlase up for two years, personally

I mean we maybe still can. Even though our depth runs decently deep right now I think we can aim for someone with a higher ceiling than our current KPDs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d draft one either this year or next rather than sign Borlase up for two years, personally

I mean we maybe still can. Even though our depth runs decently deep right now I think we can aim for someone with a higher ceiling than our current KPDs
I dunno why people have so much doubt in Borlase. He's like Ben Keays to me. He'll leave no stone unturned, not be afraid to put in any amount of effort to get better. If you've seen how far he's come from his early days to now its amazing. People thought Keays wouldn't improve much but he's come a long way and got a lot better, even the haters on this board would now begrudgingly admit Keays is at AFL level and deserves his place in the team. I think Borlase will get a bit better yet.

I think Tex was always going to get another year. Once we let it go past the last home game we were obviously going to re sign him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did have an impact on Luko's decision though. He was reported to be leaving the suns as he wants to play forward. With Tex, Fog and RT all up forward next year, there isn't much room for Luko. He would likely be playing further up the ground if he comes to us.
Tex will be lucky to play 12 games.

I dunno why people have so much doubt in Borlase. He's like Ben Keays to me. He'll leave no stone unturned, not be afraid to put in any amount of effort to get better. If you've seen how far he's come from his early days to now its amazing. People thought Keays wouldn't improve much but he's come a long way and got a lot better, even the haters on this board would now begrudgingly admit Keays is at AFL level and deserves his place in the team. I think Borlase will get a bit better yet.
I can’t see it, don’t think he’s quite athletic or tall enough to ever really be a genuine best 22 KPD option. Might have a long-ish career as a depth option between 2 or 3 clubs, but I don’t think he ends up anything more than that

borlase coughs up a lot of easy goals close to goals

we will never be best 22. port dont even want him with their lack of KPD when we delisted him last year

can mark but thats it. even coughs up lot of goals at sanfl level hes a no and should have been delisted

This is 100 percent incorrect
Why speculate on that without a shred of evidence.
Jimmy Rowe was treated unprofessionally and lied to by the list manager (Reid) during this period, and I am not going to waste time with who the source is because you can believe me or not but that is what happened.
No worries Steve.

The problem is the areas he needs to improve are his lack of pace, lack of height and turning circle of the Titanic to go with the tall athletic forwards or the true 200cm+ gorillas, how does he get better there? Have you spotted Sam Darcy this year?

The problem is the areas he needs to improve are his lack of pace, lack of height and turning circle of the Titanic to go with the tall athletic forwards or the true 200cm+ gorillas, how does he get better there? Have you spotted Sam Darcy?
If Keane is indeed staying, I'd look to draft a 200+cm defender to maybe one day play on the Darcy/Mac Andrew types. Any more than a 12 month deal for Borlase is creating another Strachan situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back