Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 160 82.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A beach front mansion in Henley Beach or West Beach would be pretty nice.

It's not so much that there aren't nice places to live in Adelaide - there are - it's that Adelaide has a terrible reputation in Victoria

I reckon if you surveyed Victorian AFL players, most would prefer to live in the Geelong area than around or in Adelaide
Adelaide is a lovely city with lots to offer and is own culture.

But you have to be living under a rock and ignore population growth over the last 20 yrs to think Adelaide wouldn't be either last or 2nd to last as a choice for players to go.

I'm not even sure Tasmania will be below us.

Its like asking someone from Adelaide to go and live in Cooper Pedy

None of the players live in Geelong. They live in either Torquey or live on nearby farms they got on the cheap.

Or they just live in Melbourne and make the 45 minute drive once a fortnight…
Do you have a source for this? After you provide it, I'll then tell you that both you and your source is wrong. I am friends with one Geelong player who is definately living in Geelong. And two doors from me...in Geelong agat, is another Geelong player. Additionally, I know exactly where the properties are the cats use as share accommodation for their youngsters. Walking distance from the ground actually.

There are a few high profile players with nice lifestyle properties, but very much the minority.

It's not so much that there aren't nice places to live in Adelaide - there are - it's that Adelaide has a terrible reputation in Victoria
It's just big brother putting little brother down at every opportunity. Cheap shots. They love us really. Sydney is where their genuine dislike is aimed.

But...

Awesome city Melbourne. World class actually.
I'd rather not live there though. Geelong has all the benefits of being close to Melbourne and the lifestyle most in Melbourne would choose in preference.

Adelaide is still home in my heart and doesn't deserve to be the butt of the jokes. But then again, calling someone a name and making jokes up about them is endearment in Aussie culture.

It's just big brother putting little brother down at every opportunity. Cheap shots. They love us really. Sydney is where their genuine dislike is aimed.

But...

I'd rather not live there though. Geelong has all the benefits of being close to Melbourne and the lifestyle most in Melbourne would choose in preference.

Adelaide is still home in my heart and doesn't deserve to be the butt of the jokes. But then again, calling someone a name and making jokes up about them is endearment in Aussie culture.

Adelaide gets an unfair deal in Melbourne, but personally having lived in all three, Adelaide is more of a large Geelong than a small Melbourne. I could understand why people that want a Melbourne lifestyle wouldn't want to live in Adelaide.

I don't live in any of them any more. It's country life for me these days

Why even comment on a stupid comment anyway. Like they are just going to play Tex every second week for home games. It’s just a stupid, wanna find another negative comment.

As one of regular posters likes to say - we like continuity. Tex will play at least 15 games (assuming good health) next year and likely 17-20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given he is having back related problems why put him on 2-3 hour plane flights.

He only played 18 games this year and he will be a year older come next season. Perhaps 15 at a stretch next year.

People like S.Rowe and Graham Cornes really don't help our reputation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain this culture you speak of.
Wrong place and time to discuss …..however people in any location, could be Broken Hill …. are very happy there, otherwise they’d move

Doesn’t mean outsiders looking in, don’t have a different POV

Wrong place and time to discuss …..however people in any location, could be Broken Hill …. are very happy there, otherwise they’d move

Doesn’t mean outsiders looking in, don’t have a different POV
It’s not, you brought it up. We’ve all got time.

But...

its not world class any more.

Voss came and stayed for a fair time. If he can anyone can surely.
Voss was desperate, and Port were pretty much the only club interested in his services after the debacle that was his Brisbane coaching career.

It was only after several years rehabilitating his reputation, as an assistant at Port, that other clubs started considering him as a viable option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back