Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 161 82.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a source for this? After you provide it, I'll then tell you that both you and your source is wrong. I am friends with one Geelong player who is definately living in Geelong. And two doors from me...in Geelong agat, is another Geelong player. Additionally, I know exactly where the properties are the cats use as share accommodation for their youngsters. Walking distance from the ground actually.

There are a few high profile players with nice lifestyle properties, but very much the minority.

No, no, no the Costa living allowance has the entire list owning multi million dollar properties and flying to training in their helicopters. This is the same group of players the industry was confident would get pantsed by Port who have an elite midfield and not much else.

I think we can all see just how much difference a good coach can make to a side..hawks tonight and geelong last night. With our list, what might a guy like Scott or Mitchell do...i suspect a lot better than the dross we are getting dished up to us now.

I would love to see it too. Perhaps Scott would crumble. He took over a team featuring names like Ling, Milburn, Kelly, Selwood, Corey, Chapman, Enright, Johnson, Scarlet, Hawkins, Mooney, Taylor, Ottens, Mackie. That is an unbelievable list of names at your disposal day 1 of coaching. Scott probably wouldnt be stupid enough to take on our list...

15 players from Geelongs round 1 side 5 years ago are still playing in their best 22 this season. We have 10 IF I include Smith and Milera, and its a disgrace Murphy is in there. That kind of continuity and ability to gradually turn the list over must play a part. But I dont doubt he knows how to coach.

Mitchell was announced next coach in July 2021.
They took Newcombe in 2021 mid season draft, picked Josh Ward and Connor McDonald in 2021.
Amon as a free Agent 2022, Traded out Gunston, Mitchell and O'Meara, traded in Meek, drafted Weddle and McKenzie.
2023 traded Ginnivan in for a packet of chips, Brought Gunston back for basically free, Chol for a late 2nd, D'Ambrossio for nothing, drafted Watson and Dear.

Thats 13 players making an impact now across 3 draft periods. In the same time we have Dawson, Rankine, Rachele, Nank, Taylor, Soligo, Michalanney, Dowling, Curtin. 9 players with 3 players not mainstays this season.

I also dont doubt Mitchell as a great coach. But dont underestimate the effect of successful aggressive and risky trading, and quality drafting.

I dont know what the answer is. Hawthorn nailed the last 3 years though, and Geelong has had the luxury of casually turning over an average of 1.5-2 players in their best 22 every year for near 20 years now meaning no real bottoming out. If Scott or Mitchell came to the crows the biggest issue is they would not be bringing their respective lists with them.

I would love to see it too. Perhaps Scott would crumble. He took over a team featuring names like Ling, Milburn, Kelly, Selwood, Corey, Chapman, Enright, Johnson, Scarlet, Hawkins, Mooney, Taylor, Ottens, Mackie. That is an unbelievable list of names at your disposal day 1 of coaching. Scott probably wouldnt be stupid enough to take on our list...

15 players from Geelongs round 1 side 5 years ago are still playing in their best 22 this season. We have 10 IF I include Smith and Milera, and its a disgrace Murphy is in there. That kind of continuity and ability to gradually turn the list over must play a part. But I dont doubt he knows how to coach.

They took Newcombe in 2021 mid season draft, picked Josh Ward and Connor McDonald in 2021.
Amon as a free Agent 2022, Traded out Gunston, Mitchell and O'Meara, traded in Meek, drafted Weddle and McKenzie.
2023 traded Ginnivan in for a packet of chips, Brought Gunston back for basically free, Chol for a late 2nd, D'Ambrossio for nothing, drafted Watson and Dear.

Thats 13 players making an impact now across 3 draft periods. In the same time we have Dawson, Rankine, Rachele, Nank, Taylor, Soligo, Michalanney, Dowling, Curtin. 9 players with 3 players not mainstays this season.

I also dont doubt Mitchell as a great coach. But dont underestimate the effect of successful aggressive and risky trading, and quality drafting.

I dont know what the answer is. Hawthorn nailed the last 3 years though, and Geelong has had the luxury of casually turning over an average of 1.5-2 players in their best 22 every year for near 20 years now meaning no real bottoming out. If Scott or Mitchell came to the crows the biggest issue is they would not be bringing their respective lists with them.
Andy Collins!!!

Yeah, that's why there was zero chatter about the camp.

Victorian media loves tearing down the larger non-Victorian clubs.

This year, we were just seen as a disappointment. They'd much prefer us if we were a disaster.
How long ago was that? We were somewhat relevant back then.

Where is Sanders?
tenor.gif

This year, we were just seen as a disappointment. They'd much prefer us if we were a disaster.

When did the camp chatter happen? The season after we played in a GF. We were relevant then, we are irrelevant now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season has been a disaster. Possibly our worst ever year.

But ..

If we go into next year without significant personnel changes, we'll be pigeon holed as a failure of North Melbourne proportions.

The team was a disaster this year. The off season will determine whether the whole club is equally a disaster.

That’s all well and good but it’s also about getting the best out of those players and not making stupid mistakes.

Now Mitchell did early on with a go slow gameplan, he took ownership of it, changed it and bang.

Recall any other stupid decisions he has made?

Do you think his gameplan and the confidence he’s installed have impacted their performance?

Now look at the catalogue of Nicks **** ups this year and compare.

I think Matthew Nicks is widely seen as a very good person and a reasonable coach.

You hear zero chatter about him being a negative in recruitment in the media. Zero.
I agree with you that Matthew Nicks is probably widely seen as a good person. I'm, however, confident that he is now not widely seen as a reasonable coach. The evidence is too compelling for any serious media professional to deny.

I agree with you that Matthew Nicks is probably widely seen as a good person. I'm, however, confident that he is now not widely seen as a reasonable coach. The evidence is too compelling for any serious media professional to deny.
I want a good coach... being a good person is preferable sure... but being a good coach should be the priority.

Nicks will never be a quality coach.

Adelaide has an outstanding culture in the arts, chocolate, good and wine, and lifestyle and that just prives you are a lunatics.
No ....it just proves you can't spell or use proper grammar ....I rest my case

Adelaide has an outstanding culture in the arts, chocolate, good and wine, and lifestyle and that just prives you are a lunatics.
Also, Adelaide is WW free...

Mr Riggs Montepulciano tonight...

Organised a Langmeil tasting last night which was awesome. Great wines & James Lindner a great presenter.

I want a good coach... being a good person is preferable sure... but being a good coach should be the priority.

Nicks will never be a quality coach.
Absolutely right. He could be an absolute c*** but if he gets the team playing high quality finals winning football i could not give a stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back