Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO we are either playing all 4 in our best team.... or moving one of Butts (most likely) or Muzz on.
Nicks loves Butts (yeah, chortle) but assume there's genuine fears about his longevity given his foot injuries. Doubt another club would want to trade for an average stopper with no kicking skills (though Jake Kelly did go to Essendon) who is under injury clouds.

Nicks loves Butts (yeah, chortle) but assume there's genuine fears about his longevity given his foot injuries. Doubt another club would want to trade for an average stopper with no kicking skills (though Jake Kelly did go to Essendon) who is under injury clouds.
Lots of clubs need KPD and Butts record over the last 4 years isn't as bad as you'd think.. If there is a club interested we should cash in IMO. Need to get a replacement KPD on the list though to start developing

tenor.gif

That fish was known as a Cameron.

I'm pretty confident we've missed every trade and FA target and only have ANB coming by accident

If that happens it would be two years in a row as well

We don't have nearly a strong enough draft hand to compensate for missing free agents and free hits

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.
If true playing for another shit club or one that plays finals would be a consideration. If it was us reckon we would have heard by now

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.
He would be playing fwd here... Except we sign tex for another year who only plays half the games...

Thats afc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you said get ahead of us. that is pick 3.
Where in that comment did I say that?

What draft capital?, they have a 2nd this year and future picks. Plenty to get it done. Perryman likely also goes there and if they auction off Houston like it seems they are trying to ad get a top 10 pick and extras maybe, they will also get one of the better mids in this draft..or maybe a Will day projecting type in Travaglia?

We will get our top end mid, draft someone with 27 and get Welsh who is very much a project and ANB as others have said purely by accident. If we have missed Cumming and Luko, then its hard to argue Port having the stronger offseason if the cards fall that way.

IF and its an IF they do fall something like that, even more reason to sack whoever is running our trade arm as they would have talked a big game 2 years running and ended up sucking their thumbs

Aren’t you embarrassed to post this stuff like you have any idea. You are already wrong on Keane and trade period hasn’t even started yet.
Let’s see the final score once trade/draft period is over.

Things can change, it doesn’t mean the information was incorrect at that time. In the middle of last year there was great confidence that Red Dog would be joining the Crows. He was lowballed by Essendon and many people at West Lakes thought he was over the line. Essendon then increased their offer, tickled him under the chin and he was a Bomber for life. As it happens, based on his form this year, we might have dodged a bullet.

We are not out of the luko race. He's just waiting on an offer on port to make a decision.

I wouldn't make a decision without having both offers in front of me.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Potentially sounds like Port might have done the same thing to Luko as they did with Dawson.

Apparently Port tried at the last minute to swoop in on Dawson, they scrambled together a laughable offer that was significantly less than Sydney and tried to sell the club to him by talking down the Crows etc.

If that's the case then we could potentially still be in the box seat.

The bloke is a complete muppet.

He wont be embarrassed by anything he writes here..
How Tariek Newchurch going Clammy? Played a couple of solid games in the North Adelaide Twos this year. My prediction that he would soon be playing in Pt Augusta looks pretty accurate compared to your prediction that he would be lighting up the AFL if he was only given a chance.

Then there’s Ben Keays. Do you still stand by your hundreds of posts that he never was and never will be an AFL footballer.

Do do, do do do do do……….Have you got the muppet tune on continuous play?

Let’s see the final score once trade/draft period is over.

Things can change, it doesn’t mean the information was incorrect at that time. In the middle of last year there was great confidence that Red Dog would be joining the Crows. He was lowballed by Essendon and many people at West Lakes thought he was over the line. Essendon then increased their offer, tickled him under the chin and he was a Bomber for life. As it happens, based on his form this year, we might have dodged a bullet.
Redman was never coming to Adelaide.

How Tariek Newchurch going Clammy? Played a couple of solid games in the North Adelaide Twos this year. My prediction that he would soon be playing in Pt Augusta looks pretty accurate compared to your prediction that he would be lighting up the AFL if he was only given a chance.

Then there’s Ben Keays. Do you still stand by your hundreds of posts that he never was and never will be an AFL footballer.

Do do, do do do do do……….Have you got the muppet tune on continuous play?
Making a call on a player is very different to claiming inside word mate.

What happens when we play the dogs and are up against Darcy (If he can work out how to kick), he is 206cms, without Butts Wooz is our tallest at 195, giving up 11 cms is a big disadvantage. Other options are 194cms and then there's the HE ISN'T A KEY DEFENDER that is 197

Edit- He is actually 209.5cms! WTF
Darcy is already a very good kick for goal imo.

tough call. Sometimes clubs deliberately put out false info or decisions change because of other events. The intel may have been passed on but it does not always have to turn out to be accurate or up to date
That’s fair bigman. I went a little early perhaps with that comment and it will be interesting to review in the wash up.

Hard to conceive Power could beat us to Perryman, Cummin AND Luko as sounds like we were into all of them (esp the last 2 names). I won’t wet the bed yet as many others are doing their normal routine but it would be a massive disappointment IF that ends up occurring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back