Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Parker to North Melbourne a whisper on SEN
Probably just someone who listened to the interview he did with Kane in the morning when they asked him if north had put a contract to him. He hesitated and then said his manager deals with that stuff.

hmmm, I not lived there for 30 years but people are moving to adelaide in droves not just expats. melbourne is dead. covid killed it and it has not recovered.
I go to Melbourne (stay in the cbd) twice a year and I don't understand when people say it's dead since covid. There are literally line ups to ramen joints during the week. There are an annoying amount of people around. Come back to adelaide and it's a ghost town in comparison.

They were dead set on Houston still coming back to Melbourne at the end of the year and straight out called him a liar (from his AA interview) on SEN.
Suggesting the saints have put a big offer to him.
Wonder if they decided it was easier for Houston to say he was staying until ports season is over to save from a constant media distraction taking place in the background

My guess would be if we're keeping Borlase it's on minimum chips as a solid defender to keep in the SANFL to help there, who can also fill in if we get super desperate for our main side.

I don't necessarily see the need to give him 2 years though as I can't imagine there's a huge market for him and he may not want to uproot his life for the same opportunity we're presenting him.

Based on last year there is no market for him.

He has been a full time footballer for a number of years and not really improved. I would tried someone else in the depth role and seen if they improved.

I go to Melbourne (stay in the cbd) twice a year and I don't understand when people say it's dead since covid. There are literally line ups to ramen joints during the week. There are an annoying amount of people around. Come back to adelaide and it's a ghost town in comparison.
thats just international students lining up at those noodle and bubble tea places

the after work crowds in melbs just arent there because people WFH. bit busier on a sat night but not that nice. it used to be safe at night not that safe any more.... anyway i digress

sure when footy is on its crazy busy but thats it. and you can have that in adelaide anyway. im lucky i float back and forth following where adelaide plays so I see both very regularly.

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.

It seems like every club has money and able to offer long deals to the point its almost irrelevant.

It's the draft Capital that's the issue. Port will get picks for Houston but have also said they want to go to the draft so they might need to push a few more out.

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.

Even if he hasn't, we're weeks into him publicly looking around and we know we've put something too him that he's not accepted yet. I'm not saying it's doubtful, but he's obviously still considering other options. Or we're still a long way off what Suns are presently demanding.

Oh for God's sake, give it a rest. So we don't pass the ramen line up test? Who cares??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lived there for 12 months early 2000s, classless and cultureless. Queensland is racist bogan central and Brisbane is nothing more than the capital city, it’s not a separate microcosm.
We’ve changed enormously in the last two decades. All beginning with Expo in 88 and once they decided to rebuild south bank, our little city blossomed. People like Mostyn have contributed hugely to the culture in this city. You are definitely barking up a very limited view on this one. This city is going from strength to strength culturally. When I first moved here in 88, I would absolutely agree with you. Adelaide population in 88 was 1,059,000, Brisbane 1,359,000. Adelaide today is the same population we were back then, while Brisbane is now 2,539,000. I took these when I flew back into Brisbane from Adelaide last weekend.

IMG_8149.jpeg IMG_8146.jpeg

Last edited:
So people who don’t live here commenting on our lack of culture, yeah that makes sense as surely they’d know.

This is a bit like when you asked and then mocked others for their explanation on shape and wouldn’t provide your own. Weak as piss Wayne.
No different to folk commenting on Brisbane? I’ve lived in Adelaide and Brisbane (and Perth and Canberra). I visit Melbourne and Hobart a lot. Love all the cities, for very different reasons. All have a lot to offer.

I dont mind the re-signing. I thought he might bolt

I just saw a list opportunity with both Berry and Keane that a braver club may have tried
Hang on. Wasn’t everyone in here last week declaring he’d walked out on the club, disgusted with the treatment of Rachelr or some such BS? It was all Nicks fault, apparently.

Hang on. Wasn’t everyone in here last week declaring he’d walked out on the club, disgusted with the treatment of Rachelr or some such BS? It was all Nicks fault, apparently.
Not sure why you quoted my post

I even said I thought he might bolt.

But I thought the better move was to bundle he and Berry and get another highish draft pick

But we resigned him and I am ok with it

thats just international students lining up at those noodle and bubble tea places

the after work crowds in melbs just arent there because people WFH. bit busier on a sat night but not that nice. it used to be safe at night not that safe any more.... anyway i digress

sure when footy is on its crazy busy but thats it. and you can have that in adelaide anyway. im lucky i float back and forth following where adelaide plays so I see both very regularly.
You have to factor in the enormous amount of high rise apartments built in Melb over the last 20 years .....huge population living on the fringe of the city, who use the city services

The WFH craze has dissipated, not in all industry sectors mind you .....I had this argument with my Son-In-Law, who vehemently said it was here to stay a few years back .....I said give it 2-3 years, and office working will return, and yes everyday now, more employers are getting employees back to the office ...2 days, 3 days and creeping to 4 days

Last I heard, Melb CBD office occupation levels were almost back to pre-covid levels ....around 70%, which is normal

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back